why can they never fix the transfer market ?

• Thread starter Thread starter STANNIS
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44
  • Views Views 6K

STANNIS

Reaction score
every year I buy this game and every year the more it dose my head in can never sell and my players and when clubs do make a offer for a player worth 12 million they will only offer 9 and any palyer I try to buy wants big wages and if I back out of buy him I see a other club has bought him and are paying him less wages then he was trying to get of me and he sold for less than I offerd first is just stupid the amount of money they make and they cant stop stupid things like this

every year I buy this game and every year the more it dose my head in can never sell and my players and when clubs do make a offer for a player worth 12 million they will only offer 9 and any palyer I try to buy wants big wages and if I back out of buy him I see a other club has bought him and are paying him less wages then he was trying to get of me and he sold for less than I offerd first is just stupid the amount of money they make and they cant stop stupid things like this

A players value is based on the wage and length of his contract. If you can't get bids matching the players valued , you've overvalued him and gave him a wage worth more than he is worth.

Signing players is about more than just the wage you offer them. Club reputation, your reputation and the squad status offered matter greatly. The attractiveness of the city matters as well as the bonuses and contract length

Stop assuming it's the game's fault. There are so many factors at play here that you're not even considering.

it is the games fault or who ever makes it clubs offer less money for your players than what there rely worth and then expect you to pay mad money for there players everything else about the game is fine its just that transfer stuff dose my head in it been the same way like that for years now

it is the games fault or who ever makes it clubs offer less money for your players than what there rely worth and then expect you to pay mad money for there players everything else about the game is fine its just that transfer stuff dose my head in it been the same way like that for years now
Either negotiate or reject then. Simple.

Or don't buy/sell anyone, ever.

That's totally ****** realistic. That's how any manager tries to do business. You try to get players for less than their worth, while selling your players for crazy money, and that is replicated in the AI.

And no, the transfer market is not broken. As Brendn stated before, a lot of factors count including club stature, player reputation, the AI club's necessity of the said player, the players wage demands, the club's finances and a whole lot of other stuff that I can't even begin to name. And just for an example that it isn't broken, I managed to sell Daley Blind on the last year of his contract for more than twice his value, while getting a replacement for less than value. So yes, it's also possible for human managers ingame.

I routinely sell people for more than double (even triple) their value ...

Hahahahaha

View attachment 754955
You tell him Tay Swizzle!

Well, its not just commas really is it? Trust me, punctuation is everybody's friend.:wub:

Either negotiate or reject then. Simple.

Or don't buy/sell anyone, ever.

I routinely sell people for more than double (even triple) their value ...

It happens in real life as well. United have tried to flog Anderson for years. Arsenal have had a very hard time. Bendtner had to be loaned for years as no one wanted him, Arshavin had to be loaned as no one was willing to pay and the same thing happened to players such as Denilson, Santos etc. To sell them, the players need game time to prove to other clubs that they are capable of performing. The game is extremely realistic in that aspect. You can't scout all of a players stats when they don't play or they are injured. This may hinder judgement on a player and make other clubs reluctant of taking a chance. The only way of proving this is game-time.

SI secretly did this and included commas in the game, to secretly provoke you. I have one question for you; would you buy the player for the fee you're offering if your were an AI manager?

Punctu@tion is fu<k!ng fun, don't you agr€€?

Put it a little bit of effort it in order to make it easier to help you.

In terms of transfers, it is not broken. If you are trying to buy the best player from a club, then of course they are going to ask for crazy money. And you offering out your deadwood, why would anyone want to pay over the odds for a players that is clearly not good enough?

I have one question for you; would you buy the player for the fee you're offering if your were an AI manager?

Very much this. If I wouldn't consider paying this amount for this player, then how is it reasonable to expect the AI should? When you've deemed a player as surplus becuase they aren't good enough, don't have much potential, are injury prone, have a negative personality, haven't performed, are on a high wage, and/or are simply old, why would you expect that the AI shouldn't recognize the same issue and refuse to pay above value for the player?

The bold part... Actually I think he's got a point here.
If I try to sign Player X - then he's asking for 50k per week. I reject.
Then an other club sign him, and pay him 35k per week. In real lift this would not happen unless it was PSG or MAn C trying to sign the player...

The bold part... Actually I think he's got a point here.
If I try to sign Player X - then he's asking for 50k per week. I reject.
Then an other club sign him, and pay him 35k per week. In real lift this would not happen unless it was PSG or MAn C trying to sign the player...

It means that you're a poor negotiator. Sometimes I bribe agents with a load of cash, increase performance based bonuses and plan my negotiations based on an agents personality.

One other factor I forgot about is club reputation and average wage. In an Arsenal save, Romero's agent demanded 50k per week, howver he wanted 16k per week in a Southampton save. In real life and in game, 50k per week is an expectation at Arsenal where every first team player earns over 50k per week, whilst at Southampton, the wage bill is 3-4 times smaller.

Last edited:
Back