why can they never fix the transfer market ?

• Thread starter Thread starter STANNIS
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44
  • Views Views 6K
The bold part... Actually I think he's got a point here.
If I try to sign Player X - then he's asking for 50k per week. I reject.
Then an other club sign him, and pay him 35k per week. In real lift this would not happen unless it was PSG or MAn C trying to sign the player...

Yes and no. It can be very much based on circumstance. Wage expectations do seem to vary somewhat based on the level of club. If a player is willing to accept a Rotation role with Arsenal, they might ask for 60k per week, becuase that matches what other players at the club get. But he might take 40k from Hull City if it includes Key Player status because that might be the most Hull City can offer under their wage structure. Not to mention the factors like add-ons, clauses, bonuses, and so on.

Edit - beat to it, lol. Sorry.

Last edited:
At Arsenal, I can offer 105k per week rotation! 325k per week max.

Decrease wage and increase bonus.

Specially iwth regens, i offer half or more of what they want and then i put a clause saying that if they play 30 games, i will pay them the double that they asked in the 1st place.

For a regen to make 30 games it will take him 3 or more years, in a top team

Punctu@tion is fu<k!ng fun, don't you agr€€?

Put it a little bit of effort it in order to make it easier to help you.

In terms of transfers, it is not broken. If you are trying to buy the best player from a club, then of course they are going to ask for crazy money. And you offering out your deadwood, why would anyone want to pay over the odds for a players that is clearly not good enough?

no happens to me even for **** players worth 500K and the want like 4 million

no happens to me even for **** players worth 500K and the want like 4 million

He's worth 500k to who? He's worth 4m to the club, so pay that, negotiate or reject. It really is that simple.

Selling players can be hard and it can be easy.

Sometimes nobody wants to buy a player you want to offload, you need to try to loan them out. Hopefully they have a good season, the other team is paying their salary, and you can sell them at the next transfer window once the loan finishes.

If however a player has had a good year for you, it's often fairly easy to sell them out for twice their listed value and even add a 30% or 25% sell on clause.

As for buying players, if you are bidding against Real Madrid or Barcelona or Man United... good luck. Fair or not those clubs can usually negotiate a better deal. Upfront money is key, but you can also offer extras such as a sell-on clause or a loan-back clause to entice a club to accept your offer.

To be fair, despite the ridiculousness of the OP - he has a point.

I am playing as Man Utd at the moment, and I go in for the newest regens (as we all do), 16 year olds valued at less than 350k or so. Make a good offer of ~£5 million, then they want £70m+, like really? for an unproven 16 year old?

Another scenario, go in for a well known international player who is bit part at their club, not played all season. They still want value + £10-15m.

Another scenario, Januzaj, on the back of an amazing season getting bags of goals and assists, valued at £35m, get 3 offers in for him of no more than £15m, even IRL when trying to get a good deal, that's stupid and would never happen.

Another scenario, I bid for a player, lets say an arbitrary value of £20m, it gets rejected. fair enough I walk away not paying more than that for the player. Next news item, he has been sold for £12m to another team...again why would they do that? (and no it wasn't a bid for a rival player etc etc)

The transfer system isn't 'broken' but it certainly seems to stack the odds in the AI's favour more often than not.

They don't want 70m. They don't want to sell.

As for your other example, how long after your bid was he sold? You most likely unsettled him. The AI pounced where you didn't follow up.

WJ has a good point - when it comes to buying players, put the work in. Don't just go in cold, make an offer, and expect it to work ideally. What do real clubs do? They use the media to declare their interest, get the player unsettled, and put the selling club in a tough situation so they can leverage a lower asking price. It makes take months but if you don't want the selling club to have all the advantage....

And the 70m thing is silly, but people will complain either way. If clubs back and say they are simply unwilling to sell their future superstar, people won't like it. If they ask for a ridiculous sum, thereby making a sale virtually impossible, people won't like it. If they say "here, have the next 100-cap English megastar for peanuts", its massively unrealistic and people won't like it.

i lol'ed so much last week when Juventus had a 11.75M Euros offer accepted by PSG for Verrati but then PSG asked me for 15.75M.. the AI hates humans

i lol'ed so much last week when Juventus had a 11.75M Euros offer accepted by PSG for Verrati but then PSG asked me for 15.75M.. the AI hates humans

Or the AI offers structured deals with elements you don't necessarily, like when they make you an offer with a ton of clauses.

Or if you are a club that notoriously spends big, like Manchester City or Chelsea, then it actually makes sense that they might flat out ask more of you.

Or the AI offers structured deals with elements you don't necessarily, like when they make you an offer with a ton of clauses.

Or if you are a club that notoriously spends big, like Manchester City or Chelsea, then it actually makes sense that they might flat out ask more of you.

I was Atlético Madrid and i offered 11.75M straight up.. Because the deal they made with Juve had no mention of future, objective based clauses

Actually the game literally cannot distinguish between human and AI players in the transfer market, so that conspiracy theory is easily debunked.

Actually the game literally cannot distinguish between human and AI players in the transfer market, so that conspiracy theory is easily debunked.
Can you post a source, I'm no expert on Football Manager AI but it does seem hard to believe.

Back