Reaction score
This is something I'm really, really wanting to know.
When you guys download tactics, doesn't it feel like cheating? Or like you can't do it yourself?
I really want to know why you download tactics, not hating, just a general question i have

It's compleatly individual to the person.
The beauty for Football manager is that there is not right or wrong way to play it.

Tactics, training schedules, FMRTE, player shortlist, ect.
They are all essentially a way for the FM player to set a difficulty level:
Using all the tactics, ect available = easy
Doing everything yourself = Hard.

Well, it's a personal thing, I guess.. But, till now I never tried to download a tactic from the internet. It's more fun and challenging trying new tactics to win against your opponents.

Well, that's my opinion.

If u were a real coach!!!! How do u think it works???? They also have, shortlist, the professionals do go to Football school, where they get knowledge of tactics and principals. Off course, they don't go on on line and download tactics, but, they do play like other teams, and they learn from other coaches. Me personally, don't do my own tactics! I download them, and adyapt them to my players, and adjust them accordingly to my adv. And Wenger, is right, is all about challenging your self.

Dave

I have alot of knowledge about football tactics etc... (Not trying to sound big headed) I get alot of that knowledge as I'm a coach for Hull City. I always considered downloading tactics as the 'easy way out' .... but i guess you're right, it's personal preference

If you pick some tactics here you make the game easier but if you really wanna feel proud of what you achieved, I think you should do all by yourself.

So you don't wanna be big headed but say you're a coach for Hull? lol Like the post says above...professional managers go on training classes and learn/discuss tactics. Why don't you go and ask them too?

Downloading tactics isn't exactly admitting defeat or 'taking the easy way out'. There are people here who understand the programming of the game a lot better and thats the basics of this game.

If you're a coach for Hull then maybe you can offer a bit more advice on the coaching aspects of this forum? What formations/tactics do you use and how do they resemble what you use in RL with Hull?

I only download tactics if I'm really struggling, and need a bit of a lifeline but I do feel like I've cheated so I prefer to make my own. Or download tactics and look at how their are made ad how this effects the way the team play and add in a certain aspect of that into my own tactic.

I was trying to take the arrogance out of it lol
I'm not saying it's bad downloading tactics, I'm just saying it must be alot more satisfying using your own

I don't really do it much anymore, but when I do its usually just to give me some ideas when making my own. I rarely download a tactic and keep it as it is, I'm always taking bits and pieces from them and using them in my own creations. It's just gives me something to do when I'm getting bored of the game.

I've never downloaded tactics, it depends on how you play the game but it feels to much like cheating.

Threads like these always turn into a 'im-better-than-you-cause-i-dont-download-tactics' debate.

Who cares? Its a game. We pay £30 for it. Play as you want. Cheat if you want. I'll still sleep sound in my bed tonight regardless

Threads like these always turn into a 'im-better-than-you-cause-i-dont-download-tactics' debate.

Who cares? Its a game. We pay £30 for it. Play as you want. Cheat if you want. I'll still sleep sound in my bed tonight regardless
Funny that, because no one here has said 'I'm better than you'
If anything, your comment is trying to start one of those debates... :/

Like downloading anything else and the threads about players, downloading tactics could be one more way of playing a defined role. See how some want to play Football Chairman?. They would then be downloading tactics, training schedules, etc and be there controlling how much is or is not spent.

Spanish Football Manager: use buy player lists, player search filters and your coaches reports to do the signings for you with you merely acting as giving counsel, then you just focus on what tactics and who to field.

Coach Manager: you do your own training schedules to see your players improve, but the thread X tactics is your chosen manager.

And so on-

It would be just what do you want to play and what level of involvement you seek with the game.

"You need haters. What the **** is you complaining about? What the **** do you think a haters job is? To ****ing hate. So let them mother****ers do their ******* job."

-Katt Williams-

I have alot of knowledge about football tactics etc... (Not trying to sound big headed) I get alot of that knowledge as I'm a coach for Hull City. I always considered downloading tactics as the 'easy way out' .... but i guess you're right, it's personal preference

You coach for Hull City?

each to their own, different strokes for different folks!

who cares what you think to be honest :) or what anyone thinks :p its a forum, people can play the game exactly how they want to and no one can/should make them feel guilty about what they do! they paid for it!

we get these threads each year, someone on their high horse comes in and asks the same question! It's pointless really!

if no one used tactics, shortlists and training schedules, FM forums would not even exist.......