Why do you download tactics?

Each pre-season I pick one download tactic to try for that season and make a tactic of my own (plus a variation of that with sliders set to whatever positions aren't covered by the main two that I feel might be most useful). Last season I used Raikan's Ama-Zing tactic alongside a 4123 of my own. Both got used throughout the season, although by the end of it I was playing most games with Raikan's as it was better than my own in most circumstances (certainly by the time I got through customising it for my players). I'm about to start season 5 and am planning an asymetric 41212 and have yet to pic a download.

For me the benefits of this are that by getting to see how other people's tactics work, I'm always improving my understanding of how to put my own ideas into practice.

For me tactics are the most important part of the game. Let's be honest a lot of people play FM here to learn the football game and a lot about the tactics, everyone is dreaming to be a football manager. I download tactics:
1) I want to see better ideas than mine and see how they work in FM and then analyse them and remember this knowledge
2) I like to play some old recreated tactics and role play in game and feel like "The manager of Perugia using an old Cattenaccio in order to get to Seria A" and stuff like that.

each to their own, different strokes for different folks!

who cares what you think to be honest :) or what anyone thinks :P its a forum, people can play the game exactly how they want to and no one can/should make them feel guilty about what they do! they paid for it!

we get these threads each year, someone on their high horse comes in and asks the same question! It's pointless really!

if no one used tactics, shortlists and training schedules, FM forums would not even exist.......

I know you're some sort of big deal on here so everyone will agree with you but, I was simply asking why people do it....Not judging them

Only Downloaded a few in the past. then set about making my Own. Far more rewarding to see people downloading somthing you have created.

Supose like everyone is saying its just down to how easy you want the game to be.

its no diffrent to Playing a game as Barce. Regardless to how bad you are at FM 9/10 you will win as barce.

I know you're some sort of big deal on here so everyone will agree with you but, I was simply asking why people do it....Not judging them

Not having a go at you mate, this happens every year for the past 5 years... 99% of the time people who start these threads have the motive to ridicule others for using tactics and have a go at them saying its cheating etc... So I apologize for assuming that...

a lot of people use tactics to get idea's for their own, all of my tactics are templates for others to use and incorporate into their own to make their own ones better, some people don't have the time/patience to make their own and just like playing the game for fun, everyone has different reasons for downloading :)

It's a game. I like coming home, relaxing playing some games and i like to win.

So, i use FMRTE, Genie, tactics and shortlist because its a game! I dont want to get upset with it, i dont want to stress with it, getting upset because something didint worked because i do it all alone!!

I play Call Of Duty in the easy mode for the same reason: to enjoy a couple of hours, nothing more, like watching TV.

If i want somethins stressfull, i go back to work, simple.

BUT, i respect those who live for the game, who creates the tactics, who do shortlists, trainings, etc, and i also respect those you dont use it. Each of us have our view of the game

I download tactics because I'm clueless, useless and stupid. So take the **** - I don't give a **** :-D

People download tactics because Defending is heavily flawed in FM, terribly and horribly flawed, broken beyond repair. This means that just like you need to tweak things in àn illogical way to set up à solid defence, you can exploit the AI poor defence using the same tweaking method. As this is done by trial & error, its easier to download à tactic.

End Of rant :)

I have to say, I've never had any problems with flaws in defending or whatever, and normally I pick up on things straight away, as I pretty much analyse everything to do with the team, and during the match (bit of a geek I know). Everything has pretty much gone the way I had hoped, and lower down the league tier's it's very difficult to get things right due to quality of players. Not saying I'm a tactical expert or anything so maybe I'm lucky-who knows.

Agree. I have no problem defending either as I know how to react to what I see in the game. I would still say its heavily flawed when it comes to specific areas ( like intercepting crosses/corners/freekicks or positining and Movement Of fullbacks due to the none backtracking Amr/l( double effect)

Agree. I have no problem defending either as I know how to react to what I see in the game. I would still say its heavily flawed when it comes to specific areas ( like intercepting crosses/corners/freekicks or positining and Movement Of fullbacks due to the none backtracking Amr/l( double effect)

Ah-you got me there. I tend to focus a lot more on positioning of my CB's rather than the FB's at times, which I shouldn't really do. I am guilty of that and my AM's. Think I'll start paying a lot more attention in that area.

I have to say, I've never had any problems with flaws in defending or whatever, and normally I pick up on things straight away, as I pretty much analyse everything to do with the team, and during the match (bit of a geek I know). Everything has pretty much gone the way I had hoped, and lower down the league tier's it's very difficult to get things right due to quality of players. Not saying I'm a tactical expert or anything so maybe I'm lucky-who knows.

I do my own trainings since i read the article to make them according to the skills you want to raise.

Doing a tactic its not quite the same, since i have a "vision" of the things that most of the times dont work in the field. Myabe im a field coach, dunno...

I used to make my own tactics in Football Manager 2005, which I had pretty good results with. Since then I tried with the newer versions, and no success. I gave up in the end, so I started using other people's tactic, because I didn't know how to create good tactics anymore. It rather became a real habit to use other people's tactic too nowadays.

I have alot of knowledge about football tactics etc... (Not trying to sound big headed) I get alot of that knowledge as I'm a coach for Hull City. I always considered downloading tactics as the 'easy way out' .... but i guess you're right, it's personal preference

Whats your name? Out of interest I'd like to see how good your stats are as a coach on FM.

When Mourinho trained Porto, Camacho was the manager of benfica. Camaco had a free kick tatic that was pretty good, and one time people saw Porto doing the same. In the flash interview, Mourinho said that he copied the Camacho tatic because it was good.

Putting that in FM, if i use a tatic that makes me win, im a cheater, as someone said before, or Mourinho?

Its a useless discussion, imo

When Mourinho trained Porto, Camacho was the manager of benfica. Camaco had a free kick tatic that was pretty good, and one time people saw Porto doing the same. In the flash interview, Mourinho said that he copied the Camacho tatic because it was good.

Putting that in FM, if i use a tatic that makes me win, im a cheater, as someone said before, or Mourinho?

Its a useless discussion, imo
It's not really though is it? It's just people expressing their views on it...Your opinion doesn't over-rule everyone elses

Back