Why England isn't good in sports like: ?

handball and water polo arnt exaclty big worldwide sports, basketball im supprised we dont play as much but thats life, i dont understand why we dont have any major hockey teams and why there isnt much coverage its basicly like football on ice and we love football

Handall - you have to be Icelandic or Scandinavian to play
Basketball - British people sweat too much to play this fine game
Water polo - no comment
Table Tennis - YOU HAVE TO BE ASIAN!

I'm sure we could train a monkey to replace Barry and a Giraffe to replace Crouch to be fair.

Donkey to replace Heskey, and some kind of randy bonobo to replace Terry? I think a monkey is probably too quick for Barry. Try a sloth.

Water polo - no comment

1) No you don't.
2) People sweat during most sports, it's hardly a deterrent.
3) No idea what you're saying,
4) No you don't.

Donkey to replace Heskey, and some kind of randy bonobo to replace Terry? I think a monkey is probably too quick for Barry. Try a sloth.

I think a randy salmon would be more apt for Terry: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=170K6IcnL18"]YouTube - John Terry Superman[/ame]

handball and water polo arnt exaclty big worldwide sports, basketball im supprised we dont play as much but thats life, i dont understand why we dont have any major hockey teams and why there isnt much coverage its basicly like football on ice and we love football

Hockey is 1 of the most played sports in the country, only behind rugby, football and fishing in terms of people playing regularly for a club, it's just there are no full professional league system, or much media coverage anywhere in Europe, and most of the world

Handball - We're in the Olympics, although despite being hosts, it's on the rise after the BOC gave the go ahead to take part.

Water Polo - Strange sport really, we're all to wimpish about our cold open seas as well :p

Basketball - Don't we have 2 or 3 British players in the NBA, and we were in the Euro Championships :)

Water polo - no comment

I play Table Tennis for South of England and i'm not asian :p

Newcastle Vipers - Ice Hockey
Newcastle Eagles - Basketball

Two major teams up here, they have a rather large support, just the sports don't get much TV coverage, which is why we automatically think that nobody cares about them. I like to watch ice hockey on ESPN sometimes, i just wish they would show ours instead of the US games. I can't really say that i'm a huge basketball fan, but i know a fair few people that are.

We do play basketball but together they are kak.

Sheffield Sharks won the League ! :wub:

long distance running is not an english sport. Scottish people are better at it, and most of englands top runners always underperform. With the exceptions of Mo farah and Chirs Thompson:)

because no one cares about these nothing sports

You do realize that behind football basketball is probably the most popular sport worldwide? Maybe not in terms of numbers (Cricket in India) but certainly in terms of countries played. Cricket is only played in the countries of the former British empire, whereas basketball is now universally popular on every continent.

What about Hockey? I don't know how well England do in Hockey competitions but in Scotland the international hockey team are mostly part timers I believe. I know this because my art teacher used to play international hockey for Scotland :)

You do realize that behind football basketball is probably the most popular sport worldwide? Maybe not in terms of numbers (Cricket in India) but certainly in terms of countries played. Cricket is only played in the countries of the former British empire, whereas basketball is now universally popular on every continent.

Most Frequently Cited Ranked Lists
1) Football: 3.3-3.5 billion fans (Europe, Africa, Asia, Americas, etc.)
2) Cricket: 2-3 billion fans (India, UK, Pakistan, Asia, Australia, etc.)
3) Field hockey: 2-2.2 billion fans (Asia, Europe, Africa, Australia)
4) Tennis: Around 1 billion fans (Europe, Americas, Asia)
5) Volleyball: Around 900 million fans (Asia, Europe, Americas, Australia)
6) Table tennis: Around 900 million fans (Asia, Europe, Africa, Americas)
7) Baseball: Around 500 million fans (US, Japan, Cuba, Dominican Republic)
8) Golf: Around 400 million fans (US, Canada, Europe)
9) Gridiron (American football): 390-410 million fans (US mainly)
10) Basketball: Not more than 400 million fans (US, Canada mainly)

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_most_popular_sport_in_the_world

In terms of average attendances, and total fans, it goes football, cricket then basketball. Although basketball is popular in all corners of the world, in Europe, Football and Rugby are the two biggest sports IMO

I'm kicking myself that my country doesn't play these sports. XD

Cultural differences.

Basketball is pretty popular in Britain, but doesn't have the massive popularity that USA, Argentina, Spain and Turkey have.

Last edited:
Barca and r Madrid have basketball teams, any other football clubs with BB?