Why is Javier Saviola so underrated?

chimbomba

Reaction score
Hes a great player in real life but on FM he's worth a million and my scouts say hes useless

He's not good enough for top teams like Man Utd or Liverpool but he's good enough for lower premier league teams

Yes we all no he is a great player IRL and he is actully pretty good on the game dont listen to your scout they are wrong most times he is good for lower prem teams and championship teams you should try him out

Yeah he should be quite good for Newcastle, are you in the championship or prem?

Well if your playing a update and newcastle are in the championship then yeh would get you goals

if your just playing 9.3.0 and newcastle are in the prem then hmmm yeh sign him he will be a decent signing for you and he is pretty cheap

A great player in real life? I don't think so,far too inconsistent,that's why Barca showed him the exit door.

He's a poor player ??? why you think hes good

hes not poor he played in the last world cup most of the time i believe they played him up with tevez, how can you go from world class to o.k. He is reserve in real madrid but they have huntelaar, van nistelrooy etc.

Yes im in the Premiership and a mid table team i might sign him as a cover player

He's a half decent player when and if he's in the mood but he has never been or never will be world class.

I think hes going to get better again with benfica, already netted 3 goals in pre-season

I always though he never got the chance he really deserves ...

if he is/was a great player, of course he is, he was the youngest footballer in the fifa 100 list

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

Wow! the same as Rhys Williams for Boro,would you say he was world class?

one thing is saying a already experienced player that has fallen from grace has been given another chance eg: saviola or owen, another thing is talking about a youngster's potential

Last edited:
if he is/was a great player, of course he is, he was the youngest footballer in the fifa 100 list

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

one thing is saying a already experienced player that has fallen from grace has been given another chance eg: saviola or owen, another thing is talking about a youngster's potential
I dont think Saviola has ever been a great player though,he had great potential at Barca,unfortunately its been unfulfilled and he has went backwards since.Ill give him his due though,he was ****** class on pes 2008.

yeah he reminds me a bit of owen actually:

Saviola starred in the 2001 edition of the World Youth Cup, held in Argentina. He was top scorer and was voted player of the tournament, as the national team won the competition. With 11 goals in seven games, he became the record goal-scorer in World Youth Cups history. His vintage performance earned himself many offers from European clubs but, surprisingly, he failed to get a call up of the Argentina national football team to take part in the 2002 FIFA World Cup.
Two years later, Saviola played in the 2004 Olympic Games and won the Olympic gold medal. Under coach Marcelo Bielsa, Saviola was given few playing opportunities for Argentina, but after Bielsa's resignation in 2004, new coach José Pekerman, who also coached the player at youth level, gave him more playing time with the A's.
Saviola was called up to represent Argentina at the 2006 FIFA World Cup. Luciano Figueroa and winger Luciano Galletti were also in contention for a place on the roster, but Saviola's excellent form for Sevilla secured his place in the squad. He made his presence felt at the tournament, as he scored a goal against Côte d'Ivoire in Argentina's opening game, and made two assists in the 6-0 victory against Serbia and Montenegro.

hes not poor he played in the last world cup most of the time i believe they played him up with tevez, how can you go from world class to o.k. He is reserve in real madrid but they have huntelaar, van nistelrooy etc.

Yes im in the Premiership and a mid table team i might sign him as a cover player

Pizzaro went from world class to o.k

He was a world class talent, and briefly looked like being THAT good in his early Barca days. God ****, those were the days. I miss the good Saviola. You know, in a blaugrana shirt :)

for me he has always been a disappointment, the potential was there but it was rarely on show, he has never performed to be fair and has always been outshone thats why he has been to so many team