Why is Javier Saviola so underrated?

In real life I think he has been a tad inconsistent over his career which really harmed his chances at barcelona and real madrid. However on the game I've got him at Portsmouth and I can't say a bad word about him, he performs much better for me on FM then he does in real life, he scores and gets a lot of assists, just what I need from him. Oh and I'm not relegated or lower prem, at the mo I'm second in the premier league (4th season) and hes still delivering.

For argentina my career he ain't even in the first team and he ain't even reccomended by anyone

I thoroughly disagree with all of you. I have 4 strikers at Newcastle: Owen, Smith, Crouch and SAVIOLA! I bought him for £7.75M to play up front with Owen and it's a world class partnership. Saviola is now worth £16M and has scored 40 goals this season in all competitions. I recommend him to everyone as he is brilliant for any side. Owen and him play so well together it's like watching the Anelka/Drogba partnership X2. Well worth the money.

Seeing as thought Real Madrid disrespect him, i picked him up on a free in January second season for my Leeds team, currently hovering around 1st and second in the championship, i hope he can help get me promotion, but he hasn't played until now, been in the reserves for Madrid for a season and been released for half of the other.

He's good for teams like Portsmouth, Bolton, Blackburn, sort of midtable/relegation teams.. He'll never be world class and I don't see how you can see he is or ever was, he had world class potential, but he failed in fullfilling it, so there you go, basic FLOP.

saviola is back ..trust me!

but yeh .. he promised a lot more than what he is today

I've been reading this and just wanted to tell you how wrong you all are. your calling one of the best strikers in the world ****, really? have you ever taken a look at his scoring record. it speaks for itself. by all mean come back when any of you have scored 126 goals in 307 in appearences, especially in one of the best leagues in the world. JP WOODY you need to get of the crystal meth. thinking your a football genius, that's why your a mod on a football manager forum.

i mean come on he was in pele's 100 greatest footballers of all time? who knows more about football pele or a mod on a forum.. hmmmmmm toughy

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

and braca didn't release for your information, his contract expired and he didn't get on with rijkaard after being loaned out for the last 2 seasons of his contract because of the arrival of eto'o

Last edited:
Lol, this is kind of like when people say Owen is ****... Except Owen is better.

Lol, this is kind of like when people say Owen is ****... Except Owen is better.

Exactly and I have Owen and Saviola in a Newcastle team that won the Champions league, FA Cup X2, Euro Super Cup, Community shield, Club world Championship and now he is worth £16M when I bought him for £7.75M. And he is a quality player. Good to play 1st team football for any team on earth.

javier saviola is not underrated on fm he is a player whom everyone thought was the next big thing from argentina he hasn got anywhere near the hype and now hes at benfica on loan but he has keirrison, cardozo he should get a few goals there and maybe get a move to a bigger club next year

Sorry for correcting you, but, as a Benfica fan, I must say, he is not on loan. Benfica payed 5 mil for him, to Real. And for now, I'm liking what I see. Every attacking play passes through his feet. Him, Cardozo, Di Maria and Aimar are starting with the right foot and doing great together.
Hope it continues and finally, this season, Benfica wins the league.

He will be good in the Portugal league, and he'll probably end up moving to a decent side in one of the big leagues, one thing i'd like to see is him move for a huge fee, somewhere in the 20's, if he proves himself.

Saviola is another victim of a huge team ruining his career. In the last world cup he was really good, but Real Madrid just never needed him & should of sold him ages ago so he could still be a pretty big name.
All I remember was him costing a fortune, being really exciting & scoring goals for Barca, then he went to Real & pow - Game over !
I think he will do well at Benfica in real life, especially with Cardozo & the on loan Keirrison !!!

I've been reading this and just wanted to tell you how wrong you all are. your calling one of the best strikers in the world ****, really? have you ever taken a look at his scoring record. it speaks for itself. by all mean come back when any of you have scored 126 goals in 307 in appearences, especially in one of the best leagues in the world. JP WOODY you need to get of the crystal meth. thinking your a football genius, that's why your a mod on a football manager forum.

i mean come on he was in pele's 100 greatest footballers of all time? who knows more about football pele or a mod on a forum.. hmmmmmm toughy

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

and braca didn't release for your information, his contract expired and he didn't get on with rijkaard after being loaned out for the last 2 seasons of his contract because of the arrival of eto'o

why so serious

oh yeah sorry he has gone for money but hes is still rubbish and its not too hard to score goals in portugal couldn do it in spain but well see he may yet prove me wrong and you at benfica have a lovely squad cant wait to be them on the new fm 2010 good luck hope they do win the liga sagres

He's already got me a hat-trick on his debut make him an advanced forward and make him target man with the 'run onto ball' set if you have a good passer he will latch onto balls and bang them in