Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

Why is my player's workload's 'very heavy'

Reaction score
All my players are on a tactical role focus at medium, and my general training is only at a 'medium' workload, however my players are on a 'very heavy' workload even though I had the same set up as last year and it was on 'heavy'. Also, my reserves do more match training than my first team squad and their workloads are only heavy despite having the same focus training as the first team. Any help?

Patient Moderator
Reaction score
All my players are on a tactical role focus at medium, and my general training is only at a 'medium' workload, however my players are on a 'very heavy' workload even though I had the same set up as last year and it was on 'heavy'. Also, my reserves do more match training than my first team squad and their workloads are only heavy despite having the same focus training as the first team. Any help?
Could you post a screenshot of one of the players training ? Remember that the more Physicall training you do, the more workload.
If doing match training/preparation, it takes away some time from their normal training so its natuarll that the reserves have a lower workload.

Reaction score
Have you imposed some personal training for them, and using heavy load?
You can also rest players after a tight schedule, this helps them relax.

Reaction score
Also if you changed your coaches at all that can make a difference I think...

Reaction score
Coaches hardness of training, players professional/ambition attributes, rest days before/after games, personal training.