Why is there so much buzz about Van der Vaart!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why on earth are players like him content to sit on Real or Man City bench rather than getting a smaller paycheck and getting regular first team football at clubs like Spurs instead?

Some signs of jealousy from a Boro fan eh? Go play the championship first.

Silly thing to say, child.

Silly thread to start though. Quality player, otherwise Real wouldn't have signed him and he wouldn't have so many International caps.

However, agree with the point about him being the same type of player as Modric (&Kranckjar?).

Bayern Munchen or Spurs, i no who'd id rather play for oh wait.... there was never an offer for Munchen. VDV is a good player but not great, he'll do ok for Spurs but they'll still be the same old team.

why would i be jealouse i love boro plus we produced adam johnson he a lot better than VDV

He really isn't. Even if they were comparable types of player, they still wouldn't be. I can understand you've got red-tinted glasses on here, but come on now.

Bayern Munchen or Spurs, i no who'd id rather play for oh wait.... there was never an offer for Munchen. VDV is a good player but not great, he'll do ok for Spurs but they'll still be the same old team.
Thats a good nickname for us.

The same old team"

Thats like saying David Villa isnt really a good finisher oO)

no... it's not because VDV isnt a playmaker he's more of an attacking midfielder

LMAO Johnson has like 3 caps for England and isnt a starter. VDV has over 80 caps for holland, played in a world cup final and for Real Madrid, there not even comparable

just because you play more for a different nation or play in a world cup final dosent make you a better george best didnt even play in a world cup but see how good he was

no... it's not because VDV isnt a playmaker he's more of an attacking midfielder

Playmaker and Attacking Midfielder are practically the same and VDV is a playmaker.

just because you play more for a different nation or play in a world cup final dosent make you a better george best didnt even play in a world cup but see how good he was

Yeah, Johnson cant get into the England team that are much much worse then Holland and VDV was captaining them at one point in the World Cup Final!
VDV > Johnson.

I agree with the OP, to an extent. There is no doubt he has been good for Holland, but from my memory he wasn't great in South Africa, and was vastly outshon, by Wes. He is not a player they need, but I suppose he does improve on the squad, although, he hasn't really done anything amazing on the club stage. There was never a bid from Munich apparently, so I don't know where that came from.

I see it more as a signing to keep the fans happy, rather than the pitch.

I agree with the OP, to an extent. There is no doubt he has been good for Holland, but from my memory he wasn't great in South Africa, and was vastly outshon, by Wes. He is not a player they need, but I suppose he does improve on the squad, although, he hasn't really done anything amazing on the club stage. There was never a bid from Munich apparently, so I don't know where that came from.

I see it more as a signing to keep the fans happy, rather than the pitch.

He was playing on the left so ..

my opinion > your opinion

oj(6)

Sorry, but VDV and Adam Johnson are non-comparable, Johnson didnt even make it into the England World Cup squad. Jheeez.

to be fair, Adam Johnson is younger than VDV so comparing the two over internation caps etc is ****

there was definitely no offer from bayern for 18 million. infact there was no offer from bayern full stop. quality player, but was a marquee signing rather than a player spurs needed (modric is a better player than van der vaart). there is a lot of hype but thats exactly why he was bought, a big name signing, who was cheap to boot.

still glad hes playing in the premiership at any rate,a talent like that shouldnt be wasted on the bench

Sorry, but VDV and Adam Johnson are non-comparable, Johnson didnt even make it into the England World Cup squad. Jheeez.

ok but i bet at least when Johnson in his prime he be better than VDV in his

ok but i bet at least when Johnson in his prime he be better than VDV in his
im not surw how you can compare a wide player to an attacking midfielder....

I'll just whip my crystal ball out and tell you who'll be better. Two tics...

Status
Not open for further replies.