Why it really IS Kenwrights fault

That would be a struggle. I'm not trying to troll, but top 5 = United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Tottenham, and your squad is someway short of that quality, 6th place, Sunderland, Aston Villa and us, all probably contesting it, do you think your squad is good enough for that?

Sunderland's squad isn't even that good tbh, Steve Bruce is working wonders but I think their place belongs to Everton tbh.

Villa really struggling, not sure they can challenge the top 6/7 on a regular basis, although with Bent, who knows?

Disagree a little, here. I think Beckford has potential, but is of course very inconsistent. Saha comes up with the occasional goal, too but is also irregular. Cahill is a top player IMO, although not naturally a ST and missing atm through international commitments. Fellaini, too can do well in this league if he gets his head down and stops being such a prat.

Yes, they are a quality ST short, but perhaps the main concern now is replacing Pienaar - I don't think Osman can do this.

Beckford is what, 27? He should be at his peak. There's not too much room left for potential. I really don't rate him. Saha is ageing and looks disinterested. Cahill's a great player, but if you play him as a striker you miss his greatest threat, the late runs from behind the striker into the box. Fellaini's a great player. Yakubu IMO is their best by quite a way, but they've loaned him out for some reason, ditto Vaughan.

I have faith in Osman, I think he's underrated.

Joss said:
Sunderland's squad isn't even that good tbh, Steve Bruce is working wonders but I think their place belongs to Everton tbh.

Villa really struggling, not sure they can challenge the top 6/7 on a regular basis, although with Bent, who knows?

Mathematically possibly, realistically improbable. We won't challenge for 6th this year. Next year, with an up to speed Makoun and a firing Bent, anything is possible. This year... nah.

Still, the point about the Mackems is valid. Dunno whether they can keep this up.

Last edited:
But the article points out that Everton have consistently average/low wage bills, selling players on and having an effective Youth Academy helps this but they can't compete with what Man Utd or whoever offer players like Rooney, Rodwell.

I don't think that is true, Distin, Jagielka, Baines, Arteta, Fellaini, Howard, Cahill, Heitinga, Neville and Dinyar will all earn substantial wages.

Kenwright just doesn't have the money make Everton progress.

Beckford is what, 27? He should be at his peak. There's not too much room left for potential. I really don't rate him. Saha is ageing and looks disinterested. Cahill's a great player, but if you play him as a striker you miss his greatest threat, the late runs from behind the striker into the box. Fellaini's a great player. Yakubu IMO is their best by quite a way, but they've loaned him out for some reason, ditto Vaughan.

I have faith in Osman, I think he's underrated.

He's 27? Are you ******* kidding? He must have been at Leeds for yonks. I thought he was like 24.. Still, though Championship/L1 > PL is a big step and he needs time.

Otherwise agree.

Can I just say - I'm really impressed by how good this discussion is.. Liverpool and Everton fans and no one's trolling or spamming. (*Touch Wood*)

Villa's squad to Evertons, quick run down
Bent - Beckford/Saha/any of their strikers - Bent wins
Makoun - Arteta - close one, can't call it.
Collins - Jagielka - Jag wins
Friedal - Howard - Friedel wins.

Villa probably have a better squad Imo.

Mathematically possibly, realistically improbable. We won't challenge for 6th this year. Next year, with an up to speed Makoun and a firing Bent, anything is possible. This year... nah.

Still, the point about the Mackems is valid. Dunno whether they can keep this up.

Indeed, didn't mean this year. Meant over the next two/three years not sure whether a) S'land can keep it up, and b) Villa can challenge for CL again (unlikely but at least be a EL regular)

Interesting.

Agreed on the first line. Makoun and Arteta I would put Arteta ahead, but not substantially so. Collins isn't, but Dunne is just as good as Jags. Howard I would say is a better keeper than Friedel, just. OTOH, we actually have some decent backup and a biggish squad now, unlike Everton. If we took the shadow XIs from both teams Villa would walk it.

Also:

Can I just say - I'm really impressed by how good this discussion is.. Liverpool and Everton fans and no one's trolling or spamming. (*Touch Wood*)
STFU U FROOB

Just thought I'd redress the balance somewhat. :p

Agree
Arteta
Can't call it, probably Jag when fit
Agree.

Also what 'Cubed said, Villa have a larger squad, capable of more rotation.

Update of the carnage that is going on at EFC in the OP.

If things aren't sorted soon, and i mean soon, we could be in the Championship within the next 3 years. The fact that we can't get any form of investment, basically means Moyes will have to break up the squad. The next few years are going to be very, very bleak. I don't think we will go into administration, but relegation is now a very real possibility without cash. We are as Moyes feared, going to be left standing still.

No major transfers in, Pienaar,Yakubu, Vaughan out. Not looking good.

The thing is we can play such good football, too good to go down, but we can't get the results, I can't put me finger on it, put aside the transfers, the team we've got should be more than capable of pushing for Europa League, but week in week out, we give away leads, draw games we should be winning, and it's just getting ever so tiresome.

Put simply, things are going to get worse before they get better. Been an Everton fan since 1983, and I cant remember a time when i've been so disillusioned (no fault on Moyes part). Heartbreaking :(

Put simply, things are going to get worse before they get better. Been an Everton fan since 1983, and I cant remember a time when i've been so disillusioned (no fault on Moyes part). Heartbreaking :(
Gonna be "Kenwright Out" protests at the Blackpool game it sounds like...

feel sorry for everton fans, it's been a tough season for em - just drawn too many games when they could be winning. you can tell it's taking a toll on moyes, he always looks so ****** depressed in press conferences.

Gotta feel for Everton and the situation that Moyes faces. I can see you losing both Rodwell and Coleman in the summer, as well as the manager. I'd love him to become Fergie's successor, but I fear he will be forced out of Everton too early for that to be viable.

Even without Pienaar, you have a talented midfield and a solid defence on paper. Coleman, Rodwell, Arteta, Fellaini and Cahill are all top players, with Osman and Bilyaletdinov as decent back ups, but you are just missing the quality up front.

Really think he's feeling the pressure. The team really sounds like its starting to fragment now aswell. Not all the players are playing in a unit. I'm not blaming Moyes for this one bit. I'm going to stick by him, and my club. But the board? Time for a change.

i really hope everton pull through this bad time as a red i dont want to see everton go done the pan