ohembrough747

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Now, I should make it clear that I do not have anything against people wanting to use others tactics. I myself find it interesting to read and discuss others tactics, however, I have never used another's tactic, and let me explain why.

I might be the only one that feels this way, but, isn't the whole point of FM, that you choose how your plays, who they buy etc....? I personally love inventing my own formations, analysing how they work and how they can be improved.

Does it not take away one of the most fun aspects within the game.......creativity?

Let me know, and thanks for taking the time to read this, as I say, this is certainly not a rant lol, so if you disagree, say you do, as well as why, we are all entitled to our opinions :)

Hope your saves are going well

Hembrough747

Most people do. However, some tactics work better than others, and some people just don't like that aspect of the game, or don't understand the intricacies necessary to turn a decent tactic into a good one. I tend not to judge. It's their game, let them play it the way they want to. If there are demands for tactics, then hey, let them be.

By the time i've tweaked and changed a d/l tactic to suit my squad it rarely resemembles the one i started with...

Seems fair, I just find it very interesting how differently people play. For example, some will spend all the clubs money, invent new team or edit players to make their teams superior, whilst others (like me) will try to play using your own tactics, even if they aren't the next Alex Ferguson and spend money only when required.

How do you play?

Why do you prefer that way of playing?

Does it change depending on which team you're managing? (obviously the transfer budget, but other apects)

yes, depends on the budget, if its massive i usually end up with a load of wonderkids that get ****** off their not playing, having Neymar and Gotze as wing back up players is usually not advised.. :p

I'm not allowed to make my own tactics..

My mum makes them for me..

Apparently, I am not responsible enough.

I'm not allowed to make my own tactics..

My mum makes them for me..

Apparently, I am not responsible enough.

Its true and his mouse has rubber edging and he's only allowed to move it, with oven gloves on..

******* love that lol!

I feel exactly the same with wonderkids. I spend ages trying to find them, and then ususally end up buying the same ones on each save, labyad, felipe anderson, crisetig etc....but what i really like is bringing through the youth from my own club (Manchester United). The likes of Pogba, Welbeck and Macheda is my long term aim, even though unfortunately, Pogba currently seems the only one that coudl realistically hold down a starting spot in my squad in the future, (Welbeck, Macheda and Cleverly all potential of 2 1/2 starrs).

What do you do to bring youth players through?

Do you prefer the new youth system? (I love it, more exciting, waiting for the youth intake message, and you don't have to waste time with the crappy ones so much, although i usually end up buying them to form an u18 sqaud)

Well I'm san marino in serie c2 at the min, so i have no youngsters, or cash or facilities, but my free signing 20 man squad is banging in 5 or 6 goals a game.. :p

Well I'm san marino in serie c2 at the min, so i have no youngsters, or cash or facilities, but my free signing 20 man squad is banging in 5 or 6 goals a game.. :p

doing the same with Welling lol

i download tactics because im **** at football manager, im the most uncreative person you will ever meet. im too inpatient so if i didnt win the match 4-0 id delete the save( That has happend several times)

Sounds brilliant!

I've got a save with Colchester, not quite 5-6 a game for me, but i'm winning the leage by 6-7 points about half way through the season. Also have got Leicester in the premiership. This game really does just take over your life lol! Fidling with tactics and searching for players lol......take forever, but somehow it's worth it.

Whats the longest you've spend on one save? (in days)

I like to scout around for young talent but at the moment with limited facilities and funds i can only spend on my first team. Aim is to fill the under 18 squad up and watch them come through, sell off the ones that lack that special factor for a profit and make my club rich! Want to take brentford to the top!! It's a long term plan and i've been on it everyday for at least 3hours since it came out lol

i download tactics because im **** at football manager, im the most uncreative person you will ever meet. im too inpatient so if i didn't win the match 4-0 id delete the save( That has happend several times)

Cheers for contributing.....funny how we all look at the game differently. So do you get bored of winning all the competitions or prolong it by managing smaller teams?

I like to scout around for young talent but at the moment with limited facilities and funds i can only spend on my first team. Aim is to fill the under 18 squad up and watch them come through, sell off the ones that lack that special factor for a profit and make my club rich! Want to take brentford to the top!! It's a long term plan and i've been on it everyday for at least 3hours since it came out lol

Lol i reckon I can beat 3 hours a day lol....me and my housemate have a joint save, he's ipswich i'm leicester.....keeps us entertained for hours....hence why i'm still up lol!

In previous games I always used other peoples tactics, mainly because I lacked the patience to create a good tactic for myself, but also because what I find the most fun is to dig out good players, have them develop and see how they do. However, now in 2012 I've attempted a few tactics of my own and loving it. My focus is now more on the team being victorious rather then to see my expensive signings and wonderkids progress and so on. I've been working on several tactics allready, however, the only one i really feel strongly about and which is working good is my 4-6-0. Currently refining it and loving the analyzing involved.

i've always used my own tactics with very little success because until fm10 came out i didn't realise you could download tactics and leagues and all the other stuff. i then carried on strugglng tactically on fm10 and to a lesser extent on fm11 as i was more focussed on developing players and bringing regens through my youth system. although towards the end of fm11 i set myself a massive challenge to improve the virgin islands and managed to find a tactic that worked well for the club sides and i've found that it works ok on 12 so i've used it as a base for my new one.

now i'm trying the san marino triple it's important for me to have a strong tactic that i can keep using for a few seasons as it's all about tactical consistency for me so i'm starting to analyse my tactic in alot of detail in the hope of eventually perfecting it even though i know that will never happen as i'll always be coming up with new ideas to counter the opposition or to improve it. and i've started tweaking player roles rather then jsut giving them the set ones like poacher or anchorman.

Cheers for contributing.....funny how we all look at the game differently. So do you get bored of winning all the competitions or prolong it by managing smaller teams?

yer after about 4 season usually, although i havent got that far on fm12 yet. I enjoy transfer windows the most and buying players etc & winning gets you the green;)

In previous games I always used other peoples tactics, mainly because I lacked the patience to create a good tactic for myself, but also because what I find the most fun is to dig out good players, have them develop and see how they do. However, now in 2012 I've attempted a few tactics of my own and loving it. My focus is now more on the team being victorious rather then to see my expensive signings and wonderkids progress and so on. I've been working on several tactics allready, however, the only one i really feel strongly about and which is working good is my 4-6-0. Currently refining it and loving the analyzing involved.

Any info on this 4-6-0....very interested in the tactic, would love to give it a go....what sort of roles do you give the attacking mid posistion?

What team do you use?

Feel free to screenshot the whole thing if ur up for it, i;m sure everyone would appreciate it :)

Hi everyone,

Now, I should make it clear that I do not have anything against people wanting to use others tactics. I myself find it interesting to read and discuss others tactics, however, I have never used another's tactic, and let me explain why.

I might be the only one that feels this way, but, isn't the whole point of FM, that you choose how your plays, who they buy etc....? I personally love inventing my own formations, analysing how they work and how they can be improved.

Does it not take away one of the most fun aspects within the game.......creativity?

Let me know, and thanks for taking the time to read this, as I say, this is certainly not a rant lol, so if you disagree, say you do, as well as why, we are all entitled to our opinions :)

Hope your saves are going well

Hembrough747

If the game was only playable to those who understand the thousands of tweaks (and why they were tweaking) in tactics then FM wouldn't be so popular. Not everybody has the patience or the know how when it comes to tactics and find just as much fun in building a team round a ready made tactic.

It's like cooking really, if everybody could cook then there wouldn't be any microwave food in Sainsburys.