Any info on this 4-6-0....very interested in the tactic, would love to give it a go....what sort of roles do you give the attacking mid posistion?

What team do you use?

Feel free to screenshot the whole thing if ur up for it, i;m sure everyone would appreciate it :)

Hey man. I will, when I feel it has been polished enough, put it up here on Fm base for download, have written a wall of text all ready so Im just finishing it up. Check the tactics section in a few days. :)

You're definitely not the only one who thinks like that.

I personally feel you get greater satisfaction when creating a tactic yourself, likewise finding the players etc. Not only that though, you'll just build better knowledge of everything which gives you good confidence in what you're doing- especially when it's right and you're winning.
If it goes wrong when using somebody elses custom tactics, I myself wouldn't be able but to help to think that something wasn't tweaked correctly with that even if it had positive feedback or not. I'm probably too single minded in that regard.

The only thing I've used which wasn't mine was Dan's training schedules on FM10. I just thought they were amazing at the time haha. On FM11 I went without custom schedules for the whole year as I was just satisfied with the default ones and was lazy. I made my own for FM12 recently though which took me around an hour analyzing it all, I like to be a perfectionist making all the work loads to a specific notch so they all match for each position etc. I only did it because FM12 liked putting some of my players stats down for no reason :/ hoping this will solve it haha.

I do sort of understand the other side where people just want to work around somebody elses tactic/schedules after its had positive ratings though, but I just couldn't do that either personally! :p

P.S - Team talks destroyed me on this game at first. I put a lot of my success down to them previously.
P.S.S - Screw team talk guides too.

Hey man. I will, when I feel it has been polished enough, put it up here on Fm base for download, have written a wall of text all ready so Im just finishing it up. Check the tactics section in a few days. :)

Will do, got to admit it's the one tactic I don't really have the confidence to try out in big matches much. I reckon it's a tactic you have to get perfectly right or it just flops lol!

You're definitely not the only one who thinks like that.

I personally feel you get greater satisfaction when creating a tactic yourself, likewise finding the players etc. Not only that though, you'll just build better knowledge of everything which gives you good confidence in what you're doing- especially when it's right and you're winning.
If it goes wrong when using somebody elses custom tactics, I myself wouldn't be able but to help to think that something wasn't tweaked correctly with that even if it had positive feedback or not. I'm probably too single minded in that regard.

The only thing I've used which wasn't mine was Dan's training schedules on FM10. I just thought they were amazing at the time haha. On FM11 I went without custom schedules for the whole year as I was just satisfied with the default ones and was lazy. I made my own for FM12 recently though which took me around an hour analyzing it all, I like to be a perfectionist making all the work loads to a specific notch so they all match for each position etc. I only did it because FM12 liked putting some of my players stats down for no reason :/ hoping this will solve it haha.

I do sort of understand the other side where people just want to work around somebody elses tactic/schedules after its had positive ratings though, but I just couldn't do that either personally! :p

P.S - Team talks destroyed me on this game at first. I put a lot of my success down to them previously.
P.S.S - Screw team talk guides too.

Yeah, know what you mean with the team talks....no player seems to care about the fans anymore lol! I just usually stick with I have faith type of thing unless they screwed up the last match then i go for i expect a win type of thing usually. Seems to work ok :)

******* love that lol!

I feel exactly the same with wonderkids. I spend ages trying to find them, and then ususally end up buying the same ones on each save, labyad, felipe anderson, crisetig etc....but what i really like is bringing through the youth from my own club (Manchester United). The likes of Pogba, Welbeck and Macheda is my long term aim, even though unfortunately, Pogba currently seems the only one that coudl realistically hold down a starting spot in my squad in the future, (Welbeck, Macheda and Cleverly all potential of 2 1/2 starrs).

What do you do to bring youth players through?

Do you prefer the new youth system? (I love it, more exciting, waiting for the youth intake message, and you don't have to waste time with the crappy ones so much, although i usually end up buying them to form an u18 sqaud)

Cleverley is 3/12 star for me. Hes my first choice starting CM alongsde fletcher. depends how many seasosn you are in, you may have let the, stagnate for too long but:

Pogba, Petrucci, Morrison, Macheda, Welbeck, Joshua King, Mats Daehli and Adnan Januzaj can all become quality first teamers.

I have a very poor understanding of the sport, and terminology. I never played it or followed the sport much, other then the World Cup... heck, I do not even have a professional club nearby to follow. I enjoy the game because I love in depth sports franchise games... franchise mode is the only mode I ever play in any sports game... and this one of beyond a doubt the most in depth I have ever played. Whether I really follow the sport in real life generally does not matter. Though I do have to admit, when Im actually playing this game.. I do actually follow the sport more closely..

But because of my lack of knowledge about the sport, I pretty much have to rely on other's tactics... believe me, I have tried on my own, with never anything close to good results. Hopefully one day I will get there though, that I understand it enough to start putting them together myself.

I do pull tactics off here fairly often, but I struggle when the opposition plays a formation that will obviously counter me, but I get a bit perplexed as to how to change it to suit, as I find it hard to translate my thoughts into game tactics.

Just started a new save as Roma, and only using my own tactics for now, just to increase my knowledge on how to tweak tactics against other teams!!

I download tactics because mine doesnt work!

The few hours i have to play, i dont have the time to check my tactics in full matches...

The last two weeks though that there wasnt any good tactics out there for 12, i created one of mine, without many testing, just adjusting the sidebars with what i had in mind...

The style i like is building a team FROM THE BACK...Seeking for a great defence, and then we will see what will happen up front...

I had in mind a very narrow team, with high pressing, 4 Defenders for Defence, 3 MC's primarly for defence and then for feeding short passes the front three, which would be the only attacking threats (2 Inside forwards and one false nine), with little support by one fullback depending in wich side the game was played...

The passing was going to be SHORT, the tempo QUICK, and the Through balls sidebar at SOMETIMES so that i can keep much possession for better defence and attack...

Then i bought some players for the specific tactic...

4 QUICK DFs, because of the high pressing, 3 ALSO QUICK midfielders, with tackling pace pass >13, 2 inside forwards with good finishing and a Quick, Dribler, Finisher for the ST position...

Suprisingly for me it worked like a charm...

The team in the first year was like a ROCK at the back...

I finished my league conceeding 12 goals in 30 matches, and i knocked out from the Champions League to 8 best teams, having NO defeat (2-2 home with Inter 1-1 away) and conceeding in 14 (including summer Knockout round and playoffs) matches 6-7 goals (being Panathinaikos, and having oppotitions like Inter, Valencia, Benfica and Villareal)...

So i realized that having success with your own tactic, makes the experience much more better than downloading a tactic and you choosing only the right players...

So i begun my second year being so excited, the results where the same and my team looked like even more fluided, and then, just before the middle of the year 2012-2013 came the last SI update and my tactic begun to tear appart............

So whats the purpose?...

You download a tactic of a much better experienced player, and you save your health of the frustration watching your thoughts unable to work in the field for several reasons...

:S:S:S

Last edited:
Yeah, know what you mean with the team talks....no player seems to care about the fans anymore lol! I just usually stick with I have faith type of thing unless they screwed up the last match then i go for i expect a win type of thing usually. Seems to work ok :)
I thought that, but I personally feel it's much more to do with the tones you use now. I pay much more attention to the match odds to determine my tone also, and of course whether it's home or away.
Then, I go on from last year and mostly use the same lines and its worked well for me. I'd say I'm a lot more comfortable with the message I'm giving each game now. I think the amount of different options on what they give to you to say is to confuse you almost, I find myself ignoring a fair few! :p

each to their own :) why even have forums like this for people to share tactics/players etc then? if everyone felt the same as you I would not be here right now :p

its like using FMRTE or Genie Scout, its their game if they want to use it then they must :) who are you/we to say that its lame or "missing out on the game" if they decide to use tactics or these things?

I love making tactics and I love the fact that it makes people enjoy the game of Football Manager more because of it! I never use downloaded tactics, dont get me wrong I used to donwload them to test them out years ago like the main ones :) but there are a handful of very good tactic makers on this site and anything from them will be good and certain people use certain peoples tactics from past experiences and that is why pretty much half of our members are here :)

"So I regret that notion" :p peace

I really like making tactics, but I have'nt always. Each to his own, some people might find buying and selling players their faviroute part of FM.

As I have said a few times....I wasn't having a go, I'm just interested....so asked a question. Also, what is FMRTE, i've never heard of it :)

FMRTE is the Football Manager Real Time Editor. Basically you can edit any aspect of any team. Most people will use it if they want to try a game with 100's of millions of pounds, or want to give their local club a super-rich chairman. Personally, I have only used it when I've run out of challenges to give myself on the game, and just fancy doing something which is a bit of fun.

As far as tactics go, I used to use very basic stuff, then I discovered this site and started downloading other people's tactics, however since FM12 came out I've become a little addicted to making my own tactics and tweaking them so I can upload them to here to help other people in the way that I've been helped in the past. I've just uploaded my first tactic, a high possession 4-4-2, and I have another one almost ready, which is an odd-looking asymmetric 4-5-1. I don't think I would be able to make my own effective tactics if it wasn't for what I have learned from either other peoples tactics or from speaking to friends about theirs.