Why Play So Many Seasons With A Top Side?

YTFC Fan

Reaction score
Genuine question here and in no way flaming as we all enjoy the game in different ways.

Some people have played with Man Utd, for example, for 17 seasons according to another thread, winning every league title and 14 CL titles. Surely this gets boring? Where is the challenge?

Please note I say Man Utd as that is the example given on another thread. This is aimed at every top side, not just Man Utd.

Like I said, genuine question!

Genuine question!
I don't know :) We like winning everything

I'm getting bored of my Liverpool save, only done 3 seasons..

I play with chelsea atm becouse I want to see the best way to bring in the youth and see how they develop.Also im not starting playing with Oldham (challenge) till the game gets fixed properly (patches etc.)

I agree, I prefer lowe league managing. I've done three seasons with Liverpool, won Carling Cup and Prem, so I'm gonna continue it to see what else I can win, but I'm more concerned with my Bristol Rovers/Bournemouth saves.

Because some people like to win things all the time.

I don't know either, managing any of the good teams is just plain boring to me. I once played a season with Chelsea but that's because I was doing a big 4 net games with friends. Besides that the best team I've ever manage was Boro in FM 09, but I got bored after 2 seasons and quit. Managing a big club just is not fun.

Genuine question here and in no way flaming as we all enjoy the game in different ways.

Some people have played with Man Utd, for example, for 17 seasons according to another thread, winning every league title and 14 CL titles. Surely this gets boring? Where is the challenge?

Please note I say Man Utd as that is the example given on another thread. This is aimed at every top side, not just Man Utd.

Like I said, genuine question!

To bring youth through, make a perfect squad, get into the hall of fame. There are loads of reasons why people do it

Different people like different things. :)

I guess if your playing the club you support its easy, I once played 25-30 odd seasons on championship Manager 1993 at Manchester United. I had several months off school and was bed ridden so i switched on the old Amiga. Sadly I didnt win europe once! Red Star Belgrade won every sodding year!

I built up my progress in my game - Aberdeen, Blackpool, Aston Villa, Getafe, Arsenal. I keep trying to join Rochdale though because they got took over by some Columbians and I want to get them in the premier league.

I have to say I found it more enjoyable starting in lower leagues. Didn't know anything about the players, picked a formation and tactics, and just hoped for the best, picking up/developing some great players along the way. Really enjoyed it

I often start with a reasonable team (eg PSG) and turn them into one of the best teams in the world, but I end up not wanting to leave because I have some incredible young regen that I want to see get really good. Much prefer LLM though, but only starting unemployed with sunday league experience. I guess it's each to their own though, which is probably why FM has been so successful. I've never been able to get into a Man Utd save...

becuase people play for different reasons.

i play 3 different saves, big game legacy, mid table to heavyweights and unemployed journeyman, different saves that are enjoyable for different reasons

One you play LLM you'll never go back.

i usually play with man utd until the 2nd patch comes out just to get used to things, then ill start managing struggling prem clubs and lower league clubs

Me personally it's because I don't really follow LLF. Therefore I don't really know the players. If I don't know the players on a team, then I won't be able to get into the game and won't enjoy it.

I tend to go for bigger teams in higher profile leagues as I'll know the players I'm playing with, and can attract. Makes the game more enjoyable for me. I also stay for a while as I don't like leaving the team I have built because I'll have them playing my way and I'll have the players that fit that system.

I don't have the patience for LLM :(
usually go to a team like Valencia/Atletico/Spurs or someone, a decent team with potential and turn them into the worlds best playing the worlds best football :)

usually start proper saves when the 2nd patch is out aswell