Why so much Hatred in the modern game.

• Thread starter Thread starter sunilvk7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 3K
There has always been hatred in football, and always will be. As far back as 100 years ago, hatred existed. Now I'm sorry, but personally, I hate Celtic, everything they stand for, and everything they do. I would happily see them wiped from the face of the earth. However, I would never dislike someone purely for being a Celtic fan, nor would I speak ill of a dead person for being a Celtic fan.

If Celtic were wiped from the earth Rangers would be nothing. And vice versa. So be happy if that happened seems a bit weird.

I'd rather see a British team win the Champions League than I would an Italian or Spanish but at the same time I'd hate to have my mates gloating for the next year about being the Champions.. It's such a vicious circle :(

Btw there isn't the same hatred that their used to be, there is no more mindless violence between firms (well very little), so in a way football has got more civilized, which is a good thing.

Last edited:
then don't make such a bold statement like: I blame Manchester United, without backing it up with any reason

It was Billy's view, if he doesn't want to explain himself he doesn't have to just for you.

then don't make such a bold statement like: I blame Manchester United, without backing it up with any reason

The fact he got you to bite with his very statement is reason for him not to tell you.....

I think football is good with banter and a form of hatred. It makes things intresting and intense, Long live the rivals.

Why not? You can disagree with me if you like, but I can still post it regardless.

I actually posted that to see if I'd get any bites. Apparently I did.

Have to admit I hope Rangers get pumped in every competition they are in every year but hating a club doesn't mean not respecting them.

I respect all decent Rangers fans who love their club and I also respect good players and managers at the the club.

What I don't respect is the mindless morons who spout out the secterian bullshit and that goes for my own fans too.

I'm sure Kenny spoke of his respect for Alex Ferguson before the FA Cup game... but anyway. Everyone bitter and everyone needs to just concentrate on their own teams. In Europe I always want Arsenal and Spurs to win and all the other English Clubs in the Europa but don't really care about United or Chelsea aslong as they don't win.

I'm sure Kenny spoke of his respect for Alex Ferguson before the FA Cup game... but anyway. Everyone bitter and everyone needs to just concentrate on their own teams. In Europe I always want Arsenal and Spurs to win and all the other English Clubs in the Europa but don't really care about United or Chelsea aslong as they don't win.

And there Ladies and Gents is the Hypocritical view of the modern fan... First says and preaches everyone bitter and everyone needs to just concentrate on their own team... But ends his post with aslong as they don't win. Talking about Utd and Chelsea.... Sigh.

I disagree with the 'hate in the modern game'. Hooliganism hardly showed respect and is literally gone from English football and although you do get a few nasty chants in the stand it isn't that bad. You do get a few fickle controversial comments from managers, players and fans from time to time but everyone seems big enough to get on with it. Every club has there fair share of idiotic fans which is a shame but that's what it's always been like.

And there Ladies and Gents is the Hypocritical view of the modern fan... First says and preaches everyone bitter and everyone needs to just concentrate on their own team... But ends his post with aslong as they don't win. Talking about Utd and Chelsea.... Sigh.

Theres come the weirdo troll who needs to get a life instead of searching round threads for mistakes people make. I meant they can get as far in the competition as they want without me caring but I wouldn't want to see them win it for obvious reasons.

I said I'm not really bothered, I wouldn't put hahahahaha United are getting beat or be really happy to see them lose.

Theres come the weirdo troll who needs to get a life instead of searching round threads for mistakes people make. I meant they can get as far in the competition as they want without me caring but I wouldn't want to see them win it for obvious reasons.

I said I'm not really bothered, I wouldn't put hahahahaha United are getting beat or be really happy to see them lose.

I mean what i say though, I want liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal to **** up every day of the week.... And what!

You wouldnt want them winning it, but we need to stop being bitter... Well, Surely you not wanting Utd to win it if Liverpool cant, is nothing more then Bitterness.

i think supporting a 'smaller' team and not one of the bigger teams maybe helps, as i always want to see any english team do well in europe, but maybe thats just me :)

I mean what i say though, I want liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal to **** up every day of the week.... And what!

You wouldnt want them winning it, but we need to stop being bitter... Well, Surely you not wanting Utd to win it if Liverpool cant, is nothing more then Bitterness.

Wouldn't say it was bitter to be honest my idea of bitter is watching every United an Chelsea game and hoping they **** up and then celebrating it, which I don't. Not wanting them to win loads of competition is just not supporting them and not wanting your rivals to dominant, its a bit obvious really. Also I don't have respect for most Chelsea and United players and even fans like I do for Arsenal, Spurs, Villa etc. Seems like a lot of Everton fans would rather us lose an them draw than us both win which is weird.

Wouldn't say it was bitter to be honest my idea of bitter is watching every United an Chelsea game and hoping they **** up and then celebrating it, which I don't. Not wanting them to win loads of competition is just not supporting them and not wanting your rivals to dominant, its a bit obvious really. Also I don't have respect for most Chelsea and United players and even fans like I do for Arsenal, Spurs, Villa etc. Seems like a lot of Everton fans would rather us lose an them draw than us both with which is weird.

But Surely you would rather an English team won, If you thought everyone needs to stop being Bitter, whether it was Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, spurs or anyone..

But Surely you would rather an English team won, If you thought everyone needs to stop being Bitter, whether it was Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, spurs or anyone..

Pointless discussion really to be honest and I'm finding it hard to explain without being a hypocrite like you said. I'm not bitter I don't think but if I don't like a club and their players why would I want them to win things nothing would motivate me to want them to win. I know it improves our league and the stature of it but its just different. If Man United were playing Madrid I'd prefer United won but if United were playing Barca I'd prefer Barca to win. Nothing to do with being bitter its just the team I like more not that I get a thrill of United losing.

As for Arsenal, I like most of their players and their manager (some of the time) and enjoy watching them play so I would love to see them go all the way in the Champions League.

Pointless discussion really to be honest and I'm finding it hard to explain without being a hypocrite like you said. I'm not bitter I don't think but if I don't like a club and their players why would I want them to win things nothing would motivate me to want them to win. I know it improves our league and the stature of it but its just different. If Man United were playing Madrid I'd prefer United won but if United were playing Barca I'd prefer Barca to win. Nothing to do with being bitter its just the team I like more not that I get a thrill of United losing.

As for Arsenal, I like most of their players and their manager (some of the time) and enjoy watching them play so I would love to see them go all the way in the Champions League.

I see where your coming from, Could it be sub consiciously you are wishing utd to lose or not wanting them to win, as a rival thing and a jealous state, and ofc to stop people like me, being full of ourselves.

Back