Why so much Hatred in the modern game.

• Thread starter Thread starter sunilvk7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 3K
Something that has to be taken into consideration is that it is hatred in average on about anything that has increased these days, including football. Tons of for example Facebook groups are created just by pure hatred. And the worst thing about this is that the people who do this are so lazy. What do you think joining a Facebook group in the Internet will do? Absolutely nothing. Will it get rid of that famous pop-star that you hate so much? Will it get rid of the club that you hate? It is so unneccecary and causes, from time to time, ridiculous violence.

---------- Post added at 05:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 AM ----------

It's all about the dum-dum du-du-dum-dummmm.....

Does anyone remember that **** song?

Thank you for bringing that piece of **** into my life again. :@

Bravo, and well said. I bear no ill will towards Small Heath Alliance, even though they're our big rivals. Indeed, I hope they stay up and I hope they win the League Cup. Sure, I won't support them, but there's enough about them to be respected.

I agree slightly... there aren't many people out there that despise my local counterparts as much as me! When you have been to every local derby your team has played in the past 10 years against them witnessing every emotion possible in those games, you sort of mellow to accepting the flack that you get from getting beat in the second city derby.

But when your 3 rows from the front in the away end at Villa Park and the 5th Villa goal hits the back of the net, and they are literally laughing at you, THAT is hard to take! THAT is where the "hatred" stems from moments such as those... I just stood there with my scarf above my head knowing i was in for it for the foreseeable future...

BUT, although those emotions for 90+ minutes are a roller-coaster ride every single time that game is played, its not that for me that brings overall rivalry, its purely tradition from years gone by, and fan mentality in day to day life.

For me my entire family which is quite a big family are Blues and 6 of us go to every home game and half the away games every season, its a way of life for us really, and being amongst Villa fans in our city clearly we run into them, many are friends, the banter as all derby's are; is heated and most of the time funny, but when moments such as the villa park 5-1, and us knocking them out the cup, peter Enkleman's famous "own goal" etc etc etc your rivals just CANT help but rub it in your face, or a select few people anyway, Im not usually one of those unless provoked!

It really for me is a pride and honor scenario where if you have won the last derby as the song goes "the city is yours" and no matter what your rivals say, in our case usually history & stadium comments, means absolutely nothing because YOU beat them!! And as much as anyone denies it that feeling of the real "supporter" is the one to behold, and you know that your rivals convincing you that they aren't bothered, clearly ARE! Although Im not totally sure whether the happiness stems from being the victor, or being relieved that you haven't lost, to suffer that temporary embarrassment from your bitter rivals!

In terms of pure hatred, Im not really one unless it benefits my own team, that sits there and supports every team that beats Aston, but again the pride thing is always there that you didn't get smashed XD or blatant smugness when they rarely receive a drubbing :$

Usually in a major situation i don't want them to get glory, in terms of this specific rivalry we haven't won F*CK all and they have won a considerable amount, we frequently get reminded of this, and don't need another excuse for them to do so even more! So in the league cup final and FA semi last year at first i wanted United and Chelsea to prevail, until the blatant awful refereeing decisions occurred in the league cup final, where i then began to realise that i wanted Villa to get back into it for pure justice... EXTREMELY odd situation for me to be in TBH!

But similar to GC a LONG way that way ^^ :$ "excuse the ramble", as i love the rivalry i want to play them as much as possible, similarly but to less extent with Wolves and Albion, its great that were all in the same league so get this rivalry frequently! And in an ideal world id want that to stay the same for a while, but the odds say that it will come to an end at the end of this season...

Why there is so much hatred in the game now in the modern era. I watched few old interviews of few great managers, they was so much mutual respect among themselves it was so hard to think the game has changed so much.

I don't remember Brian Clough and Don Revie being the best of friends. Managers still have lots of respect for each over but when there are spats, especially between Managers of big clubs, the media play it up.

Even in some other forum, one Liverpool supporter told, His dad always supported English clubs on European nights, and even Manchester United when they were that English club. I have talked to few Mancs who had the same stories like Mancs supporting Liverpool on Europen nights.

Maybe back in the day but there was a certain ignorance around foreign football. We weren't really exposed to it until Serie A in the 90's. We also had 5 years out of the European game between 85-90.

And also, from what i have seen/heard Senior Mancs/Liverpool dont hate as much as the younger ones.

Surely it was the the older and seniors the instilled the hate into the younger generations.

But in the modern era game is filled with so much hatred, jealousy, it is unreal.
What exactly has changed so that people all of a sudden changed from "Our English club' to
"**** i don't want any English club to do well apart from ours".

There are now 4 teams from England competing in the European Cup instead of the 1 this creates bitterness if your team gets knocked out.

Yeah Banter is much needed in the game, but in modern era in the name of Banter there is so much **** for ex, mocking dead people.

At least there is rarely deaths, there has always been abuse to players from the stand but since the creation of the internet, it is bound to happen on here too. People feel they can say stuff online that they wouldn't say in real life.

Racism and Hooliganism has been kicked out of the modern game. I believe it has taken steps forward rather than backwards.

Football won't be as exciting without hatred. I love it when Mourinho/Ranieri and Wenger/Rednose play their little mind games. :)

There's less hatred these days, only 20 years ago or so that Rangers signed their first Catholic players. Or Paul Canoville at Chelsea, their first black player, who then suffered racist taunts from his own fans, and compare it with modern Chelsea.

Back