whys removal of shirt a bookable offence?

Cos most football fans aren't gay so most fans don't enjoy it

Shows a passion for your team, and a care that you've scored a goal for your team.

Nothing to do with your immature suggestion about being gay.

It's because it is classified as unsporting behaviour. Same with running into the crowd. Nothing to do with sponsorship.

Shows a passion for your team, and a care that you've scored a goal for your team.

How does taking your teams colours off show how passionate you are towards the team ^^)?

As i've already said before it's all about sponsorship.

I don't see how it shows a passion for your team, how does removing your shirt show your love for your team

I don't see how it shows a passion for your team, how does removing your shirt show your love for your team

Have you ever been caught up in the adrenalin of a game? Or, scored a goal in the last minute to get your team the victory, no.

It's just something that has happened over loads of years, and I can assure you, nobody throws a paddy over it being 'gay'.

When a club scores a goal, the sponsor will get it's prime advertising opportunity and that's when journo's are most likely to take photos. Losing sponsorship will lose billions for the game and the sponsors will pay less if players will always take their shirt off as they won't get as much publicity.

Have you ever been caught up in the adrenalin of a game? Or, scored a goal in the last minute to get your team the victory, no.

It's just something that has happened over loads of years, and I can assure you, nobody throws a paddy over it being 'gay'.

He may have done for his Sunday league team, so don't jump to conclusions!

How does taking your teams colours off show how passionate you are towards the team ^^)?

As i've already said before it's all about sponsorship.

It's NOT about sponsorship. If you read this link, then you'll see if says that the rule change will 'please' sponsors, but it was not implemented because of the sponsors in any way. The rule was brought forward because in some countries it is seen as offensive to bare your chest in public, and so it was deemed unsporting behaviour to remove your shirt in celebration, hence the yellow card.

I remember hearing it was for Religious reasons, like certain religions don't like flesh being shown? I might sound wrong and a bit weird, but I think that might be it.

yeah, something like Kaka's "I belong to Jesus" and Kanoute's support for Palestine.
that's why shirt removal for a goal celebration is a booking

by the way, this rule has ran about three or four (or even more) years
didn't you notice Iniesta in WC10 final? he got a yellow card after showing his sleeve inside his jersey

He may have done for his Sunday league team, so don't jump to conclusions!

At the age off 13, I couldn't really imagine him removing his shirt, and jumping into thousands off fans, a Sunday league game usually has a attendance off 20, tops.

I can vaguely see what you mean but what I'm trying to say is that it is completely unnecessary to remove your shirt because I don't believe it shows passion at all

The rule is a stupid one, But It also stops the time wasted after a goal scored, waiting for him to put his shirt back on. I don't think it should be fair to stop allowing it for religous reasons to the country because end of the day its our country and it's not us that get offended by it, Should be implemented in countrys who don't agree with it etc..

Piquionne just got sent off for scoring the winner against Everton and jumping into the crowd to celebrate with fans..

Ridiculous.

EDIT: Wasn't the winner, but still a late goal.

End of the day he knew he was on a yellow card and would get another one so it's his own fault. Although the rule is dumb

I thought it was something to do with the sponsor on the shirt always having to be shown?

Shirts get taken off at the end of the game though so it's not always being shown, Also if you go abroad some countrys your not allowed to advertise drink so therefore that rule cannot be vaild as certain teams have drink as sponsors. Plus to advertise a clubs sponsor there is many numerous boardings etc advertised in the stadium for it to be always advertised.

At the age off 13, I couldn't really imagine him removing his shirt, and jumping into thousands off fans, a Sunday league game usually has a attendance off 20, tops.

That exact situation happens to me weekly, wether I have experienced or not has nothing to do with it

Unsporting behaviour, nothing to do with sponsors oO)

That exact situation happens to me weekly, wether I have experienced or not has nothing to do with it

So you score goals at Sunday league level (u13's) and go running into the crowd.
oO)

Nigel Winterburn and Andy Townsend were just havin' a go at that rule. Fans pay money and turn up week in, week out to watch their players win the game and celebrate.
Now Piquionne's been sent off for a nothing offence and he'll miss the next game, an extremely important one for a relegation struggler and they really need him.
Stupid rule.

I can vaguely see what you mean but what I'm trying to say is that it is completely unnecessary to remove your shirt because I don't believe it shows passion at all

It doesn't even have to show passion.

It's in the heat of the moment. The andrenaline. It's a bit like anger kept under the rug for a long time - something will happen and it will jump out. Taking off your shirt is not a sign of disrepect by any means. It's normal in sport for someone to celebrate a goal, touchdown, try or put (whatever) with an emotive celebration.

I wouldn't say it's unnecessary for a player to score the last-minute winner in the World Cup final. Just look at Andres Iniesta. I remember when Bastian Schweinsteiger took of his shirt against Portugal in the 2006 World Cup when he scored and got booked. He never swore at the Portuguese fans, but it was just in the heat of the moment that he did. And he shouldn't have been booked.

I would take off my shirt and run mad with it if I scored a last-minute winner.