whys removal of shirt a bookable offence?

Nigel Winterburn and Andy Townsend were just havin' a go at that rule. Fans pay money and turn up week in, week out to watch their players win the game and celebrate.
Now Piquionne's been sent off for a nothing offence and he'll miss the next game, an extremely important one for a relegation struggler and they really need him.
Stupid rule.

Wether its a stupid rule or not though the player knows he was on the yellow card and would be sent off. Of course he has been caught up in the moment and the rule is stupid he is aware of the circumstances and failed to follow wether the rule is stupid or not, So Piquionne is stupid for doing it in the first place.

I've removed my shirt playing sunday-league football after we won the cup on penalties, it's a natural reaction of elation and passion.

It doesn't even have to show passion.

It's in the heat of the moment. The andrenaline. It's a bit like anger kept under the rug for a long time - something will happen and it will jump out. Taking off your shirt is not a sign of disrepect by any means. It's normal in sport for someone to celebrate a goal, touchdown, try or put (whatever) with an emotive celebration.

I wouldn't say it's unnecessary for a player to score the last-minute winner in the World Cup final. Just look at Andres Iniesta. I remember when Bastian Schweinsteiger took of his shirt against Portugal in the 2006 World Cup when he scored and got booked. He never swore at the Portuguese fans, but it was just in the heat of the moment that he did. And he shouldn't have been booked.

I would take off my shirt and run mad with it if I scored a last-minute winner.

Ok I'm clearly working for the FA

Because it stops players like Heskey from removing there shirts. (H)

Ok I'm clearly working for the FA

I am not criticising you, so I don't know what you are trying to get at with sarcasm.

I am trying to put forward my opinion, in which the removal of a shirt when celebrating a goal should not be an automatic booking.

I am not criticising you, so I don't know what you are trying to get at with sarcasm.

I am trying to put forward my opinion, in which the removal of a shirt when celebrating a goal should not be an automatic booking.

That wasn't sarcasm, it was the opposite, I am sayin maybe I have been a bit over the top with my posts

That wasn't sarcasm, it was the opposite, I am sayin maybe I have been a bit over the top with my posts

Well, it did have a hint of sarcasm. Nonetheless, I am appreciative of you looking to the other side and accepting other viewpoints.

The instruction to referees within Law 12 was intended to stop the display of political messages or slogans and was necessary when, in 2002, shirts consisted of two joined layers which were very difficult to get back on when damp. In those cases players were cautioned for delaying the restart of play. Nowadays the law states it is just classed as unsporting behaviour.