Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register
Reaction score
Hi all,

Im currently about to start my second season as Wigan, i suprised my self in my 1st season finishing 6th in the prem with a shoe string budget.

Only problem is now my expectations are higher but my budgets arent.

Does anybody have any advice?

My currrent 1st 11 are as follows:
Ospina(free)
Boyce, Shotton(500k) Ramis Bridge(free)
Vaz Te (2.5m) Watson Bridcutt(3.5m) Mccarthy Gaitan (Loan
Kone

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Defence. Everytime I score the opposition seem to score immediately. Also I need a decent lone striker as this tactic has worked wonders I just need to get the players to compliment it.

Reaction score
Sell kone, though he was good, he is injury prone and kinda old.. i fetch 10m for him... Also, i sold ramis(forgot his name, he is CB)... then for defense, buy those CB that are recommended, caldwell is still good, but too small and slow.

Reaction score
Strangely enough after i read your advice valencia came in and met Ramis's release clause and bought him for 5mil but Dave whelan only gave me 3 to spend, this is a struggle.

Reaction score
Does anybody have any advice?

My currrent 1st 11 are as follows:
Ospina(free)
Boyce, Shotton(500k) Ramis Bridge(free)
Vaz Te (2.5m) Watson Bridcutt(3.5m) Mccarthy Gaitan (Loan
Kone
1. Was it SO difficult to include your exact/approximate budget?!
2. Try: Enzo Andia/Seb Toro/Siyianda Xulu/Eric Sviatchenko/Cristofer Dibon (also rb)/Alex Milosevic/Matheus (loan)

Reaction score
Thanks will check those names, and budget is 3m, wage budget 50k, told you dave whelan is a tight ****.

Reaction score
need help desperately, nearly being sacked now and dont understand whats gone wrong with my team, my team havent won in 8 games and im at risk of losing my job :(

Reaction score
need help desperately, nearly being sacked now and dont understand whats gone wrong with my team, my team havent won in 8 games and im at risk of losing my job :(
Screenie of tactics and team instructions to start with please mate?