Wigan Athletic - Marching Up The Table

your doing pretty good with wigan.. demba ba is always a great striker i had a newcastle save and he scores 35 goals underated goal scorer

i will upload my tactic at the end of the season.

Last edited:
View attachment 245290

Season Review

View attachment 245291

Barclays Premier League

An amazing campaign in the Barclays Premier League for Wigan Athletic finishing 6th and qualifying for the Europa League. This years league position is the highest on record for the club beating last years 10th place position which was then the highest. Wigan Athletic again beat some of the big boys again including beating Chelsea FC 3-2 who also Wigan Athletic finished above. Wigan Athletic were expected to finish 11th but again have proved they are much better than expectation finish in 6th which is five places higher and we look forward to another great season next year.

Barclays Premier League Table
View attachment 245293

View attachment 245294

Carling Cup

Back to back Carling Cup wins for Wigan Athletic winning the competition for the second in two years. This how they won it by beating Chesterfield 3-1 , Blackpool 3-0 , Middlesborough 3-0 , Liverpool 2-0 and then 1-0 in the second leg and in the final Wigan Athletic beat Fulham FC 2-1 in extra time which is how they won it last year in extra time. It ours again and we hope we can get it again next season!

View attachment 245295
It's in our trophy cabinet again!

View attachment 245298

FA Cup

A first for Wigan Athletic in there history by winning there first FA Cup in there history. They got to the final like this beating Torquay 3-0 , Hull City 4-2 , Millwall 4-1 , West Ham 3-2 and beating Arsenal 2-0 in the semi final then finally at wembley in the final we beat Manchester United 1-0 an amazing victory and a surprising cup campaign winning it which was way above expectation and we hope we can win more.

View attachment 245299
Another Trophy in our expanding cabinet.

View attachment 245300

Europa League

Wigan Athletic first ever experience in Europe was a good won by surprisingly winning the Europa League. They qualified for it by beating Honka 5-0 on aggregate and Lokomotiv 4-3 on aggregate. In the group stages they drew against Club Brugge 2-2 and then lost against Ajax 6-4 and then beat Fiorentina 2-1 and then 4-2 next they beat Club Brugge 3-1 then finally beating Ajax 2-1 we meant that we finished top of our group. In the first knockout round we played we drew against Spartak Moscow and then in the second leg we won 4-0 after we played PSV in the next round winning 2-0 then 1-1. In the quarter final we played Marseille we beat them 1-0 over both legs then in the semi final we played Zenit we won the first round 3-2 then won the second leg 1-0.
Then in the final we played Dortmund which we won 2-0 in extra time to mark a massive milestone in our history and by qualifying for the competition through our league position we hope we can follow this with another strong campaign.

View attachment 245301
Our first European trophy in our first time in Europe!

Wigan do the treble

Wigan Athletic won a massive treble by winning the Carling Cup for the second year in a row , the FA Cup and the Europa League. This marks a massive milestone in there history. Wigan Athletic have done great under the management of Charlie House who has won four trophies in two seasons and storming up the Barclays Premier League Table.

Player Of The Season
View attachment 245302
A great first season for Demba Ba scoring 31 goals and setting up 15 goals which is an a massive achievement and we hope he will be even better next season.

Young Player Of The Season
View attachment 245303

A massive season for our wonder kid Wilfried Zaha scoring 21 goals he has proved that he also has a shout for the first team as well as Hugo Rodallega. I think that he will become a legend for the club over the many years i hope he stays at the club.

My tactic for those who wanted to know:

View attachment 245305 View attachment 245304

Last edited:
Back