Reaction score
Wigan_Athletic-logo-9768D66726-seeklogo.com.gif

Club name: Wigan Athletic Football Club
Nickname: Latics
Founding year: 1932
Ground name: DW Stadium
Manager: Rasheed Sheikh-Omar

The Story
Wigan Athletic Football Club is an English professional football club based in Wigan, Greater Manchester. Since 2005, the club has competed in the Premier League, the highest tier of English football. Their current spell in the Premier League is the only top flight run in the club's history and Wigan Athletic is the only club which have never been relegated from the top flight in the history of English football.
They have played at the DW Stadium since 1999, sharing the stadium with rugby league club Wigan Warriors. They previously played at Springfield Park for 67 years. The club's nickname is Latics, derived from a contraction of the word "Athletic".
As of the 2012–13 season, Wigan Athletic are the youngest club in the Premier League, having only been formed in 1932.
(Source: Wikipedia)

The
Ideology
The Wigan board has entrusted Rasheed with the future of Wigan Athletic Football Club. Rasheed is implementing a five year plan, in which the aim is to enter European football. Due to the fact that Wigan has a limited amount of funds, we will be aiming to bring in youngster to the club, and grow them into superstars. Rasheeds ideology about playing football is quite similar to that of Roberto Martinez. A possession based game that integrated high pressing whilst defending (Zonal when opponents enter our half) and short, direct passes when attacking. The aim is to wear down the defense, whilst keeping possession. When we find that last killer pass, when the defense makes that mistake, we pounce and exploit it!

Last edited:

AUGUST 2012

Wigan vs Liverpool
1-0
icon-football.png
S Maloney (84)

Awesome game, Maloney came on for Jordi Gomez and changed the game completely revitalized the side. We had them penned in their half for the majority of the game, completely shut down Suarez. Really happy with this result.​

Manchester United vs Wigan
2-4

icon-football.png
J Hernandez (70), R Van Persie (90+2)
icon-football.png
A Kone (48, 83, 90+3), J Mc Carthy (55)​

PoM: A Kone
Again, this is an awesome result for the team. Manchester united is really strong at home. They held is till just after half time, where I made a few tactical changes and decided to hit them through the middle. Kone had an awesome game, bagging a hatrick.

SEPTEMBER 2012

Wigan vs Arsenal
0-2
icon-football.png
A Arshavin (2), S Cazorla (71)

First loss of the season, really disappointed with the game. The team dropped after the Arshavin goal. We created so many chances, but couldn't put any away, really disappointed.

Aston Villa vs Wigan
2-2
icon-football.png
Bent (31), R Vlaar (58)
icon-football.png
Figueroa (29), A Kone (81)

Should have won this, completely dominated the entire game.

West Ham vs Wigan
2-1
icon-football.png
A Carroll (28), Benyanoun (78)
icon-football.png
F di Santo (41)

Watson and Mc Carthy got sent off late second half, which made us lose the draw. Appealed the red card for Watson and it was over turned (YAY)

Wigan vs Liverpool (Capital one cup)
4-0
icon-football.png
Jones (pen, 12), A Kone (24), Boselli (39), Romulo (78)
Liverpool played one of their best squads (suarez, gerrard, etc) and we still gave them a good hiding. Hopefully can string a few league wins together now!

With this win Rasheed Sheikh-Omar has achieved the season objective for the capital one cup!

Wigan vs Chelsea
2-4
icon-football.png
Di Santo (18, 34)
icon-football.png
Ben Arfa (30), Hazard (69, 87), Mata (76)
Defense made me sick, should have had this easily.

First two months have been a bit disappointing, we have dropped a few more points than I would like, but still the future awaits!
We are currently sitting in 12th place in the premier league. Even tho we have dropped points, we have also got quite a few excellent wins (Liverpoolx2, Manchester United).
Let's hope for some more results, the next two months fixtures are looking quite good.

Last edited:
I'm doing a Wigan story as well so it will be good to see how you get on. I'll be following :)

OCTOBER 2012

QPR vs Wigan
1-0
icon-football.png
D Cisee (76)

Lucky goal, defensive mistake. Should have at least drawn.

Everton vs Wigan
3-2
icon-football.png
Jelavic (50), S Pienaar (66), B Oviedo (90+5)
icon-football.png
A Kone (26), J Mc Carthy (pen 40)​

Was expecting a draw, but Oviedo scored a freak goal.

Disappointing months overall, couldn't notch up a win.

NOVEMBER 2012

Wigan vs Sunderland
1-2
icon-football.png
J Beasejour (56)
icon-football.png
Mc Clean (35), D Fletcher (69)

Extremely disappointed yet again, the boys performance has dropped so much lately.

Wigan vs Manchester City
1-2
icon-football.png
J McCarthy (37)
icon-football.png
Aguero (12), D Silva (58)

Erh.

Tottenham vs Wigan
3-0
icon-football.png
T Huddlestone (pen, 8), M Dawson (62), Defoe (87)

Penalty shouldn't have been awarded, but hey.

Fulham vs Wigan
2-1
icon-football.png
D Duff (9), Petric (28)
icon-football.png
Kone (34)
Wigan vs West Brom
0-2
icon-football.png
Peter Odemwingie (23, 54)

Defense has really been letting me down lately, try to tweak a few things!

Second two months have been terrible, not a single win.

I'm doing a Wigan story as well so it will be good to see how you get on. I'll be following :)

Thanks man, I'll have a look at yours.

Wigan is quite Enjoyable as they are very hard to hold midtable. :p

Thanks man, I'll have a look at yours.

Wigan is quite Enjoyable as they are very hard to hold midtable. :p

Thanks :) and yeah they are a good save but with the right players you can get them into Europe in a couple of seasons

Thanks :) and yeah they are a good save but with the right players you can get them into Europe in a couple of seasons

Yeah :)
I decided to not post any updates for season 1, was quite regular. Finished 14th.

Will start posting from now :D

SEASON TWO

Transfers
Bit of a flurry, I've decided to let a few people go, whilst bringing in a few youngsters.

Out
Emmerson Boyce
Shaun Maloney

I let a fair few no-namers leave

IN
Koray Gunter
Romulo
Per Ciljan
Will Hughes
Javier Soner
David Ospina
Leandro Paredas

Pre-Season Games

Plymouth vs Wigan
2-1

Sheffield Wednesday vs Wigan
3-2

Crawley vs Wigan
4-1

Wigan vs Athletico Madrid
2-1

Doncaster vs Wigan
1-0

Wigan vs Acrefair
9-0

Opening game of the season: Arsenal

nice mate :) good win against Atletico!

glad to see you got my boy Soner and Paredes :) two good youngsters!

which Romulo did you manage to get?

nice mate :) good win against Atletico!

glad to see you got my boy Soner and Paredes :) two good youngsters!

which Romulo did you manage to get?

Paredes still trying to get his visa lol.

And the Fiorentina one.

Season Overview
What a season!
Almost qualified for European competition (if I had beaten United I would have done it), semi-finals of the FA cup.
Finished 8th, highest finish ever for Wigan.
Next season I am aiming for a top 6 finish, with at least one piece of silverware.
The youngsters are really stepping up to the plate (Koray gunter, Javier Soner, Dicker, etc)

Will be aiming to build depth next year to so I can manage the dense fixtures that come with European championship​

Yeah, I'll start doing that. I just keep forgetting to come back here after each match, and I realize after like ten games :p

What I do sometimes is play ahead for quite a while and then go back and write up the results so I don't miss anyway. I'll be following as well

SEASON #3
News
Created an affiliate with Livingstone in order to give some youngsters first team game time. I helped them achieve promotion to the Clydesdale premier league (through loans).

Transfers
Not sure if I'll sell anybody. I've been handed a handy transfer budget (16million). I had a pretty strong defence, and that was with my best defender loaned out. I will possibly be purchasing a target man up front so I can base my attacks around him (I play him as support), so I can hopefully push into European spots. Will also be looking for a young DM I can build for the future.

Affiliate Loans
Campabadal
McManaman

Outgoing
Sold
Ben Watson (free)
Jordi Gomez (free)
Boselli (5m)

Loaned
Chow (Loaned to Port Vale)

Dicko (Loaned to Leicester)
Fyvie (Loaned to Rangers)
Golobart (Loaned to Sheffield United)

Incoming
Andy Carroll (7m)
Wilfried Zaha (9m)

I have decided to keep the majority of the transfer kitty for January, so I can properly assess where I need to invest.

Pre-Season Games

Last edited: