WiganAth

Reaction score
My other Wigan story went to pot so I decided to start a new game on the 10.2 patch. My exp. is set to sunday league footballer.

Wigan announce Adams as new manager
Wigan have announced virtually unknown Jamie Adams as their manager. Adams, 30, was appointed after Roberto Martinez left the job for personal reasons. The new manager was said to be "chuffed as a butty" and would celebrate it with " a meyt 'n' preyter pie with a babbies yed from Yates' chippy."

I'm already in November. So I'll just show the past few months.

My aim for this season is to finish Mid table/Top half.

Transfers
Wigan Athletic.png

Finances
Wigan Athletic-2.png
Not the nicest thing to look at. But now the window is over finances will pick up.

Clauses
Wigan Athletic-6.png
As you can see I've used the 48 months to my advantage with Maicon as I spotted we'll get money from Valencia and Palacios

Pre-Season Fixtures
Wigan Athletic-3.png
Predictable pre-season. Not the happiest with the Schalke result but they're a good side.

League Fixtures
Wigan Athletic-4.png
Awful start but our form has picked up and we're now unbeaten in four.

Carling Cup Fixtures
Wigan Athletic-5.png
Lost to United on penalties, so unlucky.

League Table
Barclays Premier League.png

Colombia appoint Adams as manager
I was shocked to get the job with my experience as Sunday league footballer. I applied as soon as my game started and forgot that I had done but I accepted the role. When I started we were 7th in the CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifiers.

Colombia fixtures
Colombia.png
My first game in charge was against Ecuador.

CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifiers
FIFA World Cup CONMEBOL Qualifying Section.png
As you can see I got to the play-offs. I face Honduras over two legs.
FIFA World Cup CONMEBOL Qualifying Section-2.png

Colombia confidence
Colombia-2.png

Last edited:
looks good also, i like the layout aswell. Good luck
What happened to the other wigan story?

Last edited:
I just lost interest and the new patches came out so I started a game with less bugs. Thanks.

Wigan 3-0 Birmingham (Rowlands 17, Scharner 54, Zaki 79)
We started off very well with Rowlands taking advantage of a mistake from Barry Ferguson and headed the ball which hit the underside of the bar and went in. We dominated the rest of the half, infact the we dominated thee whole game. Scharner go us off to a flying start nine minutes into the second half. Amr Zaki rounded off a comfortable win with his back turned to goal (something I've asked for him to do) and powered a piledriver of a shot.
Wigan v Birmingham .png
Man of the match - Paul Scharner (8.0)

Honduras 1-2 Colombia (1st Leg) (Vargas 2, Cordoba off 17, E.Perea 60)
We started amazingly with Fabian Vargas powering in a header just one minute into the game. But Honduras replied almost ten minutes later when Carlos Costly robbed Cordoba of the ball and fired in a low shot past Robinson Zapata. To make matters worse, Cordoba seemed to take revenge somewhat with a two footed challenge on former Birmingham loanee Costly, which was worthy of a red card. He complained but the Brazilian referee, Rodrigo Martins Cintra, was having none of it and dished out the red card. We put Sanchez from central midfield to centre-back, trying to avoid making unnecessary substitutions and switched to a defensive style. At half-time the Colombian team were told to play their hearts out for the supporters. We changed to an attacking style at the break and it paid off. Edixon Perea scored a low shot past the keeper who had not a cat in hells chance. After the goal we changed to a standard style of play and held on to the lead and were rewarded with a first leg win away from home.
Honduras v Colombia .png
Man of the match - Fabian Vargas (7.5)

Sorry if my reports are a bit long.

More good news:
Jamie Adams.png

Last edited:
Colombia (4) 2-0 (1) Honduras (2nd Leg) (Angel 1, E.Perea 18, Grisales Inj. 89)
Once again we scored very early. Actually, Juan Pablo Angel got into the record books by scoring in 18 seconds with a defence splitting pass to guide him to a one-on-one situation with the keeper. He remained calm and scored a fine goal. Edixon Perea then rounded off the scoring with 3 goals in as many games.
Colombia v Honduras .png
Man of the match - Robinson Zapata (7.9)

Colombia off to the world cup!

Last edited:
Aston Villa 1-2 Wigan (Maicon 45+2, Zaki 73, Diame inj. 75)
Our fantastic form has carried on and it was the Brazilian striker Maicon who finally ended his goal drought when he put us in the lead after he pounced on the ball when Friedel dropped the ball in his six yard box. Egyptian striker Amr Zaki came on as a half time sub and scored a header when he rose above Villa full back Luke Young to extend our lead. But an instant reply came from John Carew who scored just seconds after the restart with some poor defending to help him. Our exhaustion showed when we had to bring three subs on at half time but this was further strained when strong defensive midfieder Mohamed Diame got injured. We ended the game with five at the back and Villa piled on the pressure. To be fair our true hero was Mike Pollitt, standing in for injured Chris Kirkland, who showed his real ability to round off a great 500th career appearence, by making some word class saves. Villa should have really won this one.
Aston Villa v Wigan .png
Man of the match - Jason scotland (7.6)
Wigan to sign Samassa and Roberts
Wigan have agreed a peanuts £2k fee with En Avant de Guingamp for 19 year old French goalkeeper Mamad Samassa. Adams admitted "We don't know whether to sell him to make a profit or to play him when he gains experience." Samassa joins in January along with Blackburn Rovers striker Jason Roberts. Roberts is joining for a fee of £750k which will be paid over 4 years.
24. Mamadou Samassa.png
9. Jason Roberts.png
Wigan Athletic-8.png
Figueroa has reached the yellow cards limit and will miss one game whereas Diame is expected to be out for the best part of 3 months. Diame is a big blow but it opens up opportunites for players like Thomas and Cho to break into the first team.
27. Mohamed Diamé.png
31. Maynor Figueroa.png

Fulham next then I will post screenie of the table
. Update tomorrow.

Last edited:
Guys what do you think I should do with Samassa? Thanks.

Last edited:
can we see his current stats and scout/coach report?

well looking at that, he has no where near the potential to be better than chris kirkland so i'd loan him our for a season or two (maybe even 3) so hs stats improve slightly and his value goes up and then sell him as he's never going to break the first team

Fulham 0-2 Wigan (Zaki 53, Maicon 84)
It was a very boring first half so I didn't have to make any changes at half time, Koumas having the only clear cut chance but shooting straight at the keeper. That all changed when Zaki scored a header making that 3 in 4 for the Egyptian who's attributes have plummeted down. Maicon came on as a sub and when Fredrik Stoor was seen dallying at the back he takcled him ran the length of the half and blasted the ball into left-hand top corner. Not the most entertaining match but nevertheless it was a well earned 3 points.
Man of the match
- Maicon (7.8)
Fulham v Wigan .png

Zaki's attributes :S
13. Amr Zaki.png
Keeps getting injured in the match due to other teams knowing he's a threat and using hard tackling. Infact when I bought him, two days later Liverpool offered £4.7m for him.

Last edited:
Really great read. This story deserves more comments than it's getting, really interesting :) I've only just found this but definitely following.

Thanks Max. Your beloved Pompey not won a game yet. :S I'm using your attacking tactics aswell. With Colombia I score early because I put it to Attacking and put get ball forward and pass to feet then after 20 mins switch back to control and retain possession, pass to feet, take a breather.

League table
Barclays Premier League.png

Last edited:
Doesn't really matter how many comments this gets, people are following no doubt. But I'll make up for the lack of comments -

Good luck for the rest of the story. Really enjoyed the read so far, and it's a very nice layout. It is nice to see a story grabbing people's attention, and you've certainly done it to me ^^) I'm following.

EDIT: Good first 15 games :) Keep it up.

November results
Wigan Athletic.png

Goal of the month - Maicon vs Fulham
Jamie Adams.png

Manager of the month - 1st Redknapp, 2nd Adams, 3rd Ancelotti
Jamie Adams-2.png

November report
Did fantastic couldn't of asked for more. Kapo will get his chance in the team after becoming home sick and me giving him absence leave. Three straight wins and seven games unbeaten brings us to a great 7th place.

FA Cup - Liverpool (a)
Jamie Adams-3.png
With our recent form this is a winnable game but it would of been better if we had the home advantage.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of recalling all the loan players and selling them besides de ridder because a fee was involved and cannot be recalled. Our finances aren't improving and I need to raise funds.
Wigan Athletic-2.png
What do you think I should do. The loan repayments take a considerable chunk of the budget.

Last edited: