Good luck mate :) I like the club and international manager. What are your expectations in the world cup?

Good stuff so far mate. What tactic do you use?
Max's attacking tactic http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f72/maxs-goal-scoring-tactic-t25173.html#post252436

Good luck mate :) I like the club and international manager. What are your expectations in the world cup?
If I get the luck of the draw, which I haven't with Wigan, I'd like to get throught the group stage. But I'd just like to come within the top three in my group. If I came last it would be a letdown as I reckon I'm doing alright with them so far.

World cup draw!!!!!
I'm quite slow on the game so I'm slow at updating, sorry.

World Cup draw
World Cup 2010.png
Tough group but I'd say I could come 2nd tops. Germany have the real squad as I deleted the fake.lnc file.

Last edited:
Great layout and read and great reults too. But I guess half of the credit for the good results go to Max for his amazing tactics.

Wigan 1-0 Bolton (Scharner off 89, Rodallega 90+4)
With a sell out crowd of 25,138 expecting goals galore this game was set to be thriller. But the game was nothing short of ****. This was more boring than the Fulham game and so to speak should of been 0-0. It only came to life in the remaining five minutes when Paul Scharner was sent for an early, well not that early, bath for persistent fouling. So I felt ****** of that three straight wins was going down the *******. But it was not to be when super sub Hugo Rodallega scored a sublime goal one minute over schedule. Wasn't easy with 5 players injured. A truly awful derby. HUGO!
Wigan v Bolton .png

Man of the match - Mario Melchiot (c) (7.6)

Sorry for excess swearing XD

Last edited:
Arsenal 0-1 Wigan Athletic (Rowlands 2)
It was an amazing start to the game when Rowlands broke the offside trap with a defence splitting run to match a lethal pass but he hit the ball striking the post and merely crossing the line but the ball gratefully rolled over the line and it was 1-0 to Wigan. After this we were dominant for the first half but were unable to play football with Arsenal being over enthusiastic and committing so many fouls they picked up 6 yellow cards. Arsenal should have won the game but Kirkland was sublime.
Arsenal v Wigan .png

Man of the match - Chris Kirklands (8.7)

3rd in the league!!!
Barclays Premier League-2.png

Well done on getting Wigan 3rd and Colombia into the World cup finals.

I'l be following mate as Wigan are one of my local clubs being me coming from Preston.

This is a great read and a great layout, Your doing great
And Aidzz, you misspelt Preston North End in your support thing;
Its Preston **** End

Sorry for the off topic but it had to be said ^^)

This is a great read and a great layout, Your doing great
And Aidzz, you misspelt Preston North End in your support thing;
Its Preston **** End

Sorry for the off topic but it had to be said ^^)
Spot on pal. But yeah thanks to all who are reading even you Aidzz(H)

Blackburn 1-3 Wigan (Zaki inj. 15, Koumas 58, Nainggolan 65 - inj. 68, Scotland 87)
We were expected to hammer Blackburn with them having major players out to injury and us on cloud nine. Blackburn came close to breaking the deadlock in the first half on numerous occassions as well as Abraham Paz injuring Zaki. But karma was lurking around and caught up with Paz who's game was to be riddled with crucial mistakes. So out we came in the second half and gave it to 'em, well for 20 minutes anyway. A fantastic run by inspired sub N'Zogbia destroyed Chimbonda (*****!) and whipped in a superb for Koumas to poach in when Paz missed an interception. It was yet again another inspired sub who put us two goals ahead giving us a comfortbale lead. Belgian youngster Radja Nainggolan, an acquisition who the fans haven't took well to, ran into the Blackburn danger area towards the byline and shooting which deflected off the keeper into the net. But 12 minutes later Blackburn began to dictate the game after our spell of twenty minute dominance ended when Di Santo scored an amazing goal striking the underside of the bar and over Kingson. On the counter attack, substitute Maicon had a mazy run down the right flank where Paz got skinned twice and cut it back for Jason Scotland who scored a powerful effort on the edge of the area. We ended the game with 10 men as Nainggolan got injured by Paz shortly after his goal and we'd used all of the super subs.
Blackburn v Wigan .png

Man of the match - Jason Koumas (7.8)

I think it's safe to say we're injury ravaged and that's no help with two keepers injured so we have to resort to recently transfer-listed Richard Kingson.
Barclays Premier League-3.png

It's also safe to say that we're the form team at the minute.
Barclays Premier League-4.png

And Colombia have shifted two places up to 19th in the world rankings
Jamie Adams-5.png

Last edited:
Spot on pal. But yeah thanks to all who are reading even you Aidzz(H)

Well that's a wee bit grand coming from a Lasher and a Pie Muncher. :p

Nah, never mind. I don't mind Wigan too much as I have good memories of getting promoted at your ground in front of 7000 away fans. XD

Good luck mate with the save.

Well that's a wee bit grand coming from a Lasher and a Pie Muncher. :p

Nah, never mind. I don't mind Wigan too much as I have good memories of getting promoted at your ground in front of 7000 away fans. XD

Good luck mate with the save.
Cheers mate at least I beat dingles.

Wigan 1-1 Man Citeh (Maicon 42)
In a game I was expecting our bubble to burst, we held on to a 1-1 draw with second place City. It was Robinho who put Citeh in front scoring in the tenth minute after a poor clearance from big Titus. They dominated from the word go but I wasn't planning on losing this match. Yet again a full DW Stadium watched a relatively dull match in what seemed to be the samba show. So after reading that the opposition concede most of their goals between the 31st minute to half-time we switched to overload and it paid off. Maicon was given plenty time on the ball and with his back to goal he turned and curled a sweet strike into the back of the net. There was nothing to be of the second half besides Robinho terrorising our defence. I'd say a pair of new full backs would come in handy but we simply don't have the funds.
Wigan v Man City .png

Man of the match - Maicon (7.5)

We're just waiting on injuries to clear up and have a fresh squad before the start of 2010.
Barclays Premier League-5.png

your progressing well, mate. can we see a screenshot of maicon cos i havent heard of him before. cheers :)

Sorry for being so slow. Will post Wolves, Sunderland and Everton games soon then month report.

Wolves 2-4 Wigan (Scotland 9, 83, Maicon 20, Koumas 70)
This was an absolute thriller! We took the lead with a slick passing move where Scotland scored a 2 yarder but Wolves replied with Stefan Maierhofer only minutes later. On form Brazilian youngster Maicon scored after his pace allowed him to steer past the Wolves defence beating Elokobi to the ball and blasting it into the top corner. Playmaker Jordi Gomez got the assist. Route one football allowed Maierhofer to nod the ball to Kightly who applied the finish. Koumas then made it 3-2 as Maicon took the ball right up to the keeper before cuting it back to Koumas for him to slot in. Jason Scotland extended the lead with his second goal of the game with N'Zogbia making a pin point cross for Scotland to latch onto.

Man of the match - Jason Scotland (8.5)
View attachment 23730

Wigan 2-1 Sunderland (Rodallega 73, 88)
Sunderland are nose diving to relegation with shocking form and I was surprised to see Darrent Bent put Sunderland in front after 14 minutes. It took just under an hour to happen but Rodallega fired in an equaliser almost twenty minutes from time. He strook again with a late and well deserved goal on 88 minutes against Steve Bruce's side, the man who brought him to Wigan.

Man of the match - Hugo Rodallega (8.5)
View attachment 23731

Everton 1-3 Wigan (Rodallega 15, pen 22, 43, Maicon inj. 22)
We were expecting a draw with an away tie to the toffees and Hugo Rodallega got us off the mark with a header on 15 minutes with sloppy defending. Joseph Yobo went in hard on Maicon and injured him with Rodallega scoring from the spot. Everton striker Yakubu put us in our place with a superb effort from the edge of the box. But Hugo was there agains to capitalise on bad defending to place a shot past Tim Howard. Thats 5 in 2 for the Colombian who deservedly got a hat-trick. The rest of the game was boring with both sides having minimal chances created.

Man of the match - Hugo Rodallega (9.4)
View attachment 23732

We've notched up 3 wins on the bounce and are unbeaten in 14!!!
View attachment 23741