Wigan V Liverpool

Ben

I am a biased ****.
Reaction score
Wigan Athletic Team News:

James McCarthy is a long term casualty, Emmerson Boyce is still out injured and Steve Gohouri is suspended after picking up 5 yellows

Possible Wigan team:
Al-Habsi, Stam, G. Caldwell, Alcaraz, Figueroa, Thomas, Diame, Gomez, N'Zogbia, Rodallega, Di Santo.

Liverpool Team News:

Daniel Agger is still out with a calf injury, Joe Cole is unlikely to start with his hamstring problem and Kyrgiakos is still suffering from tonsillitis, keeping him out.

Possible Liverpool team:
Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Skrtel, Konchesky, Lucas, R.Meireles, M.Rodriguez, Gerrard, Kuyt, F.Torres

Prediction: Wigan 0-2 Liverpool

Last edited:
If i remember correctly Wigan have an ok record at home against Pool?? Im going to say 0-0.

If i remember correctly Wigan have an ok record at home against Pool?? Im going to say 0-0.

They have a good record generally against us, home and away. Beat us 1-0 last time out. Expecting a win though with the form we're starting to get into.

Hope Cleverley gets the start. Wigan had good record at home, hope they get something from this game.

NZogbia :wub:

Yeah same here with Cleverley, hopefully we'll put on a good performance

They have a good record generally against us, home and away. Beat us 1-0 last time out. Expecting a win though with the form we're starting to get into.

Good record generally? Played 10, Liverpool have won 7, 2 draws and 1 win for Wigan. Saying that, more recent form has been slightly close with the last five seeing only two Liverpool wins with two draws and that loss in March.

Wigan 0 - 3 Liverpool

Torres x2
N'Gog

Hopefully Torres will have a good game and boost his confidence.

I'm hoping Roy starts the same as he did against Chelsea, playing a 4-4-2 but I'd rather see N'Gog & Torres up-front and Kuyt on the right instead of Maxi.

Good record generally? Played 10, Liverpool have won 7, 2 draws and 1 win for Wigan. Saying that, more recent form has been slightly close with the last five seeing only two Liverpool wins with two draws and that loss in March.

I meant more recently:

08/03/2010 - Prem - Latics 1 Liverpool 0
16/12/2009 - Prem - Liverpool 2 Latics 1
28/01/2009 - Prem - Latics 1 Liverpool 1
18/10/2008 - Prem - Liverpool 3 Latics 2
02/01/2008 - Prem - Liverpool 1 Latics 1
29/09/2007 - Prem - Latics 0 Liverpool 1

Even though we have won the majority, we only win by a goal or so.

I'm generally **** on predictions. So I'm gonna say a 1-1 draw. LOL!

I meant more recently:

08/03/2010 - Prem - Latics 1 Liverpool 0
16/12/2009 - Prem - Liverpool 2 Latics 1
28/01/2009 - Prem - Latics 1 Liverpool 1
18/10/2008 - Prem - Liverpool 3 Latics 2
02/01/2008 - Prem - Liverpool 1 Latics 1
29/09/2007 - Prem - Latics 0 Liverpool 1

Even though we have won the majority, we only win by a goal or so.

Yeah, I agree, more recently it has been much closer but its still a good head to head record and following the way we have played recently, I reckon we should win and possibly comfortably. Completely agree with Coach Carter and hope we line up the same as Sunday, none of this nonsense about resting players because lets face it, another win tonight and we are possibly in the top six, imagine saying that 3 weeks ago.

Might as well add that they guy from RAWK who is never wrong about team selection has said it is the same team tonight. If correct, happy days.

---------- Post added at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:53 PM ----------

And the guy was right, as usual, same team as Saturday. :)

Yeah pleased with the lineup, hopefully it'll be a similar performance :D

Going for a shock 2-0 Wigan victory.

Liverpool could suffer from over-confidence and Wigan may take advantage of that.

Hope Cleverley scores or at least makes an impact in this game.

Early goal. Liverpool 1-0 Wigan - Fernando Torres.