Votes: 11 84.6%
  • no

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

hufter

Reaction score
Roy Hodgson is given his marching orders

roy-hodgson-christmas.jpg

In a shock turn around after just being appointed manager of Liverpool Football Club Roy Hodgson has now been sacked by the new owners of the club as they said they couldn't see him being able to turn around the fortunes of this club. The Manager had been in charge for a matter of just weeks.

When asked how he felt about this decision Roy answered " no offence to the new owners of the club when it comes to it they have the decision of what happens with the club but it is an absolutely outrageous decision i haven't even been given the oppurtunity to prove myself as the right man for the job, lets just hope the manager they bring in gets given a bit more than jus 5 minutes at the club, and i think it may be time now for me to give up on my career in football now and concentrate on family life".

Currently another manager has not yet been allocated the job at Liverpool so for the minute Sammy Lee has taken charge of the side while the difficult process of appointing a new boss begins.

William Hill Betting
Martin O'Neill 4/1
Kenny Dalglish 6/1
Sammy Lee 14/1
Dietmaar Hamman 25/1
Jose Mourinho 75/1​

Last edited:
nice start mate, Will be following. I wonder who gets the job. ;)

for a second I thought this was actual breaking news & I was like 'wtf?! how have I missed this???' haha (H)

alryt lads ill continue after frankie boyle hahaha :D thanks for approving and thanks to those who are gonna follow and of course its ment to make you think its real that makes a good introduction :D

---------- Post added at 04:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 AM ----------

Unknown Broadhurst Handed Mangerial Post at Liverpool

MysteryManES_228x262.jpg

In the biggest shock ever in football history young rookie Michael Broadhurst aged only 18 has been surprisingly handed the managers role at the Merseyside Club. Many fans have questioned what the owners where thinking employing such an inexperienced boss with managers like Martin O'neill still out of work and was many bookies favourites to take the role. When asked to explain his decision Liverpool Owner John Henry replied "I believe that Broadhurst was the ideal man for this job. at this interviews that where held Broadhurst was the stand out candidate with his great knowledge of football, his passion for the game and the ambition he has to take this Football Club back where it belongs at the summit of English football. Many people may think i have gone mad for appointing him as boss at such a big club but time will tell and i can promise you Broadhurst will be a big success at this club for many years to come and the good thing is he has youth on his side."

Broadhurst was then interview in front of Sky Sports Cameras and was asked how he felt at being appointed the dream job for him at such a young age he said. " Words can't describe how i feel at this moment i am utterly overwhelmed and delighted at being appointed the succeeder to Roy Hodgson. With being a Liverpool fan all my life i believe myself to be perfect for this role i believe i will be more passionate about this club than any other candidate. I know there will be alot of pressure and expectations on my shoulders but i am sure i can handle that and put the mini crisis behind our club and bring back trophies to Anfield. And i will hope to prove to fans who may doubt my appointment that it was a good decision by Mr Henry."

Liverpool will be looking to bounce back from a very poor season but will Broadhurst be able to prove his worth only time will tell.​

---------- Post added at 04:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 AM ----------

Broadhurst Identifies Key Players for the season ahead

gerrard.jpg

Stevie G will always be the influential skipper and is one of the best central midfield players in the world he has been at this club many years now and is in the latter stages of his career but he will still be the most important player for us this season. he has the ability to control games by himself and i hope to bring out the best of him.

Fernando-Torres-2.jpg

El nino when on form in my opinion is the best striker in the world i know last season he had many injuries and weren't at his best form so i hope to reinstall some confidence to his game and get him playing back at his best level again. fingers crossed he picks up no knocks

Daniel-Agger-Champions-League-PA_2356280.jpg

Daniel Agger with Jamie Carragher very near to retirement and drifting further from the first team squad Daniel will have a big role to play at the club now and i will be looking to him to be in control of the defence and really show his ability.

Pepe-Reina-Liverpool-Premier-League_2356275.jpg

Pepe Reina is defiantly the best goalkeeper in the premier league and was handed the perfect reward for his fine form by being voted our best player for last season he is the most consistent player in the squad and hope he will save us quite alot of points again this season to push us close to the top

Transfers

cardozopi6.jpg

Oscar Cardozo Brought in for £11.5 million as a well needed strike partner to Fernando Torres it may take time for him to settle in to the english game but i believe this to be a brilliant capture

KeisukeHonda_2432612.jpg

Keisuke Honda cost £11.25 million i brought him in so we can have more options in the centre of midfield as i believe we are short on quality players in the area of the field

philippe-mexes.jpg

Philippe Mexes cost £6.25 million brought in as a replacement for the outgoing Carragher well expereinced player and a great centre back hopefully the missing piece to us being a top side again​

I'm following just because of Honda. I love that man.

top quality isnt he haha

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 AM ----------

Pre Season Results

Untitled.jpg

A few good wins in pre season below par performances though and will be expecting a lot more from the side i know it will take time for them to gel and i'm sure on the big stage our top quality players are going to rise to the occasion.

Stand out players of pre season

shelvey.jpg

Jonjo Shelvey - A youngster trying to develop himself and is a hot prospect for the future and i hope he will be able to prove to me this season that he can break into the 1st team this season. he scored 3 goals in the 3 games he played from the centre of midfield which is a great contribution and earned himself 2 MOTM'S in the process

RyanBabel_1125247a.jpg

Ryan Babel - Many people have doubted Ryan over the last 18 months about his ability and whether he should be offloaded to another club. And i was even tempted to sell him myself even putting him up on the transfer window but when no one came calling for him i took him off and tried to patch things over with him and told him to fight for a permanent place in the side and he dually delivered with 2 great performances and he also got himself a few goals.

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Saturday 14th August

The first day of hopefully a long and successful career for the new Liverpool boss the season starts with a home fixture to West Ham United. And Broadhurst will be hoping to get off on the right note and provide a win at the start of what is going to be a crucial season for the club.When asked how he felt that the first match had finally arrived Broadhurst Replied. "What a day this is for me all my dreams will come true walking out to the thrilling atmosphere of all the great fans here will give me a crazy feeling. At this time i am filled with overwhelment at the opportunity i have been handed and i will try my best to not let anyone down and hope to get the season off to a flying start. I expect us to be there or thereabouts at the end of the season if we reach our full potential but i will be hoping for a top 4 finish at the minimum to take this club back to Champions League football, hopefully with the new signings and the confidence i have reinstalled to the players we will achieve great things"

hahaha lmao ill be reporting twice at most each month in game time mate so yano hahaha dont worry what you enjoying about it mate

I really like the layout but im also quite excited about what your team can do like with the good signings and stuff like that.
Is Danny Wilson in your plans at all

maybe next season not at the minute tbh

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

Broadhurst off to the start he wanted

steven-gerrard-006.jpg

Liverpool 3-1 West Ham United(Rodriguez 22, Cardozo 48, Gerrard 61, Ben Haim 40)
MOTM Steven Gerrard

Great start to the season for the reds with in the end a comfortable win against a poor West ham side they didn't really show any quality in this match and there goal was completely against the run of play, but Liverpool soon rectified the scoreline to put there first 3 points of the season on the board with there captain Steven Gerrard being as influential as ever and claiming the man of the match award. When asked what he felt about his teams performance today Broadhurst answered. "Very good start to the season for both me and the players as i had expected. I was happy that the performance earned us the 3 points but i believe we have another few gears in our game which will become visible when the team start to gel and settle down into the new season. But there is no complaints from me as we come away with the 3 points we deserved now hopefully we will push on and be a force in the league this season."

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

Babel and Skrtel make way to create funds for Valbuena

149-20100103193325_Babel__Ryan_Liverpool.jpg

skrtel438.jpg

Ryan Babel and Martin Skrtel where both sold for in the region of £4.5 million

Marseille-Mathieu-Valbuena-celeb_1795439.jpg

Matheiu Valbuena brought in for £20 million pounds with £14 million of it being paid over 48 months

I felt the need to offload Ryan and Martin as they where not happy at the club after such a promising pre season me and Ryan could not settle our differences from when i placed him on the transfer market and eventually i had to let him go to Atletico Madrid. Martin Skrtel is now my 4th choice centre back so i really didn't see much point keeping him at the club when he wants to be playing first team football and he ended up at Lyon

Matheiu has been brought in as a first choice right winger for the side it was an area where we was missing a player of real quality i know he may have been a bit pricey but i needed to fill this position and he is a top quality individual and im sure he will turn out to be a great signing for us and now there will be no more transfer transactions. I am completely happy with the squad i have​

niceee, some good signings :) i'm Wolves and i've only got £130,000... im VERY confused :S

haha gonna have to be loans and free transfers if possible for you then mate

---------- Post added at 01:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

August Update

Barclays Premier League

98646704_display_image.jpg

Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-0 Liverpool (Fletcher 43, Kyrgiakos o.g 71)
MOTM Kevin Doyle

MaxiRodriguez001-2010.jpg

Liverpool 4-1 West Bromwich Albion (Torres 23, Gerrard 27,31, Rodriguez 67, Odemwingie 29, Pablo Sent off 25)
MOTM Steven Gerrard

A mixed couple of games after a great start to the season against West Ham it was the complete opposite away to Wolves we couldn't create nothing and with Jamie Carragher and Daniel Agger injured at the moment my 4th choice centre back came in to the team and had a shocker netting an own goal aswell but i have to hand it to Wolves they deserved the win. Gladly we where on the top of our game against West Brom with Stevie leading from the front again and bagging a brace and the man of the match. Hopefully now Wolves was just a major slip up.

Upcoming Fixtures
Tottenham Hotspur (Away)
Wigan Athletic (Home)
Blackburn Rovers (Away)

Europa League

dirk-kuyt-liverpool.jpg

Qualifying 4th Round 1st Leg Liverpool 4-0 Red Star (Kuyt 38, Cardozo 52, Agger 63, Babel 74)
MOTM Oscar Cardozo

2nd Leg Red Star 2-0 Liverpool (Koroman 12, Jesic 53)
MOTM Ognjen Koroman

I was really happy with the 1st leg performance lucky enough we scored for because Red Star brought it back well in the 2nd leg halving the deficit but we are threw to the group stage and we have to be happy with that of course, because i see this as a competition we can win.

Europa League Group

Napoli
Liverpool
Leverkusen
OB

This will not be the easiest group to get threw if we can get the 3 home wins and get 2 draw away from home that should be enough for us to qualify for the knockout round.

Carling Cup 3rd Round

West Ham United vs Liverpool​

Last edited:
thanks mate i am trying my best like haha would like more comments like

Nice story so far :) Wish Liverpool played that well IRL though :(

dont we all mate haha more updates to come tonight lads

*deficit
good story though, how the **** did you only get 4.5m for skrtel and babel?! skrtel's quality, could have got more for him, or even kept him!
but fair play anyway, any emphasis on bringing up your youth players or are you going for an "at all costs" strategy to get in the top 4?