Willian -Shakhtar The Brazillian Messi

AgentVinz

Reaction score
*the title is just to attract attention;) , but I swear he plays like Messi in game!

Name: Willian
Club: Shakhtar
D.O.B: 9-8-1988 ( 22 yrs)
Nationality: Brazil
Position: AMCRL, MC

Strengths: speed,dribbling,first touch,creativity,flair,teamwork

Weaknesses: heading,balance,strength (that's useless attributes so actually he have almost no weakness!)

Description: midfield playmaker
Personality: spirited

Suggested Roles: AML-Inside Forward AMC- Attacking Mid AMR- Winger

View attachment 204869View attachment 204870View attachment 204871View attachment 206726
Look at his immense stats!!!

This guy must be the best signing in FM 12(really have no idea why nobody talk about him but instead always Neymar or Hazard)!!! Forget about the overpriced Neymars or Hazards, you can get this beast with just 10M !!. He can just walk into any club's 1st team, and a really good backup for top club (Madrid, Barca) .
I'm not joking with the title, the way he play is similar to Messi (when he played as winger), cutting inside and either score or assisting. AML inside forward is his best position where he can cut into his right foot and wreak havoc. He can also be a great AMC but you won't fully utilise his speed though. If you decide to play him on right set him to Winger as he can't use his left foot but that will waste his creativity. Although his finishing and composure is quite low but strangely he score loads (just score hattrick against Bolton) . Teach him killer balls/knock balls past opponent/place shot ASAP and watch him destroying other teams!

Last edited:
I've always liked him but atm, I'm doing a Sporting CP save and I have VERY limited money :( max of £2m every season.

Yeah he is amazing, awesome option for that price! Does really well in the Prem!

I like this guy because he can play almost anywhere in midfield, he's available for cheap at around 7.5m, he doesn't ask for much wages, and he's just a quality player. Must have!

Poor man's Messi. He scores a decent amount too, for instance he scored 12 in the league last season for Marseille in my save.

Ive just signed this player for my man utd save in 2nd season as ive heard alot about him on this site:) looking forward to watching him

Poor man's Messi. He scores a decent amount too, for instance he scored 12 in the league last season for Marseille in my save.

Well he does cost millions and millions less ;) Poor mans Messi indeed

For the price he is hard to beat, specially with his range of positions, I love versitile players

i`m looking to buy him, but my wingers are on ML and MR position. is that a good idea to buy him and train him to MR position?

Bought him for 7.75m pounds at the beginning of the game on my Spurs save.. is now worth more than double that, ripping teams up exactly as you suggest, AML inside forward. If he's not there banging in the goals he's racking up the assists. What's not to like?! Un-teach him his runs down the left role though, kinda defeats the point of being an elite inside forward..

ac milan got him for 22 mil but looks good...want solid players get eriksen10mil and plays central and attacking mid...reason didnt get wilian is because dont use wingers

Lol yeah poor man's Messi but I prefer to call him 'Brazillian Messi' instead because the way he play is really world class;) . Btw I'm sure that you'll get even better out of him if you manage him yourself instead of AI.

Well he does cost millions and millions less ;) Poor mans Messi indeed

For the price he is hard to beat, specially with his range of positions, I love versatile players
Yeah he's versatile but I only play him on the left . He's good on the midfield too but he'll get less **** to run than at the flank.

i`m looking to buy him, but my wingers are on ML and MR position. is that a good idea to buy him and train him to MR position?
It depends on you whether you want him as a winger or inside forward?? Play him at the left as inside forward and right as winger. Also do you want your wingers to track back and defend when not in possession? If so I don't think Willian really suits because he has low defensive attributes.

Bought him for 7.75m pounds at the beginning of the game on my Spurs save.. is now worth more than double that, ripping teams up exactly as you suggest, AML inside forward. If he's not there banging in the goals he's racking up the assists. What's not to like?! Un-teach him his runs down the left role though, kinda defeats the point of being an elite inside forward..
Yeah he's very good signing for Spurs. I have him at the left and Lennon on the right as a classic winger ,sometimes I let them to swap positions too. What's his match stats?
I haven't unteach him to run the left (he's currently learning killer balls) but I don't think that's necessary, because usually when he run down the left wing to the byline, he'll start cutting inside to cause problem. It's helpful that he can't use his left foot because that make him cut inside automatically that you don't need to teach him 'cut inside'!

Neymar is the brazilian Messi ;)
I don't think he'll reach the same level as Messi(maybe) because Messi has played in the top level when he's at Neymar age (CMIIW) and other than his dribbling and tricks he's not really special (judging from his copa america performance):)

Lol yeah poor man's Messi but I prefer to call him 'Brazillian Messi' instead because the way he play is really world class;) . Btw I'm sure that you'll get even better out of him if you manage him yourself instead of AI.

Yeah he's versatile but I only play him on the left . He's good on the midfield too but he'll get less **** to run than at the flank.

It depends on you whether you want him as a winger or inside forward?? Play him at the left as inside forward and right as winger. Also do you want your wingers to track back and defend when not in possession? If so I don't think Willian really suits because he has low defensive attributes.

Yeah he's very good signing for Spurs. I have him at the left and Lennon on the right as a classic winger ,sometimes I let them to swap positions too. What's his match stats?
I haven't unteach him to run the left (he's currently learning killer balls) but I don't think that's necessary, because usually when he run down the left wing to the byline, he'll start cutting inside to cause problem. It's helpful that he can't use his left foot because that make him cut inside automatically that you don't need to teach him 'cut inside'!

I don't think he'll reach the same level as Messi(maybe) because Messi has played in the top level when he's at Neymar age (CMIIW) and other than his dribbling and tricks he's not really special (judging from his copa america performance):)

Are you judging on real life or game? If real life then how the **** can you compare willian to messi?

Hey im playing as Brazil just read this post and thought id try this guy out as inside left this is the result :D
View attachment 205136
Wish i got this guy instead of lucas lol

I'm at work right now, but will let you know as soon as I have access to the game!

It's also funny to note that I've taught him Cut Inside and he's unwilling to unlearn Runs Down The Left.. he must be in all sorts of dilemmas when he gets the ball hahah! However I've noticed he much prefers running all the way to the goal line and tries to shoot from there.. very annoying when it would have made more sense to cut inside and look for a killer pass.

Ive got Willian and im thiniking off teaching him 'To pass rather than score' as his finishing is only 12

Hey im playing as Brazil just read this post and thought id try this guy out as inside left this is the result :D
View attachment 205136
Wish i got this guy instead of lucas lol
Lucas Moura you mean? He is one of my must-buy list in FM 11 but in FM12 his price really skyrockets!! It's quite ridiculous that he hasn't got his 1st cap in my save lol

I'm at work right now, but will let you know as soon as I have access to the game!

It's also funny to note that I've taught him Cut Inside and he's unwilling to unlearn Runs Down The Left.. he must be in all sorts of dilemmas when he gets the ball hahah! However I've noticed he much prefers running all the way to the goal line and tries to shoot from there.. very annoying when it would have made more sense to cut inside and look for a killer pass.
Ah that must be PI problem. What instructions you give to him? I think you have him to 'run from deep' often right? I suggest set it to 'sometimes' so that we won't running straight to the goal but instead cutting inside more often although that depends on your tactic/formation.

Ive got Willian and im thiniking off teaching him 'To pass rather than score' as his finishing is only 12
I don't think that's really necessary because his teamwork already 16 (really high for a player in his position!) but instead teach him killer balls and knock balls or place shot. Although his finishing and composure is only 12 but he scores quite often!

Strength and balance are useless attributes...................? oO)

Yeah, I've been high on him since last season. He is a complete beast in the game.