Willsters New Tactic (Great Results)

Hey Willster, do you ever set your DMs or FBs to man mark any of the opposition? I often find that because of the 1 CB I can get done by long balls over the top to a pacy striker (Man City, Newcastle and Man Utd always turn me over) but I dont wanna man mark in case it leaves me horribly exposed or do you ever tweak the formation when your away from home? (currently 3rd and about 10 points off Utd with only about 8 games left)

cheers

Nah I dont man mark fella, just tight marking in specific positions usually just wing backs def mids wingers and 1 of the strikers. Try it out and let me know how you get on.

Willster

Hey Willster, do you ever set your DMs or FBs to man mark any of the opposition? I often find that because of the 1 CB I can get done by long balls over the top to a pacy striker (Man City, Newcastle and Man Utd always turn me over) but I dont wanna man mark in case it leaves me horribly exposed or do you ever tweak the formation when your away from home? (currently 3rd and about 10 points off Utd with only about 8 games left)

cheers

Watch the game carefully whoever is popping over the long balls (usally the Dc's) use closing down and hard tackling because they are **** on the ball. Drop the defensive line off a bit and if they have any brains at all they will clean up the mess. Its hard though with players like Tevez because the f**ker just runs all day! Don't play offside trap against good teams they will always get at least one chance p/game and probably slot it.;(;(

Ronmaiden I saw your post earlier I was actually going to ask who you used on the wings because I was planning on getting Balotelli. However I got Mata for 2.5m transfer listed! I was going to have him provide cover for Riera. Did you find any success with Dirk Kuyt on right wing?

Ronmaiden I saw your post earlier I was actually going to ask who you used on the wings because I was planning on getting Balotelli. However I got Mata for 2.5m transfer listed! I was going to have him provide cover for Riera. Did you find any success with Dirk Kuyt on right wing?

I use Balotelli on the left and Simao on the right, both were average before I switched to this tactic and with it they are both great - Simao gets knackered quick and I have to sub him frequently but gets high ratings and goals.

I tried Kuyt and Riera early on but soon sold em, bought Mata myself but he did nothing so transfer listed him less than 6 months after I got him

Sorry to hear that about Riera he's turned out to be a great signing for us this year! I doubted Kuyt from the beginning I'm not surprised to hear that he didn't work for you. I am however going to try and train Babel as a winger for that right side

Hey there, I just joined up here after searching for a 09 tactic and finding this thread and this tactic.

In my first season with Man City (Liverpool supporter but hey, I love the transfer market!) and I'm currently 7th in the league with 30 games played, but only 4 points are split between 5th and 7th place. I've got the FA Cup final with Man Utd sometime soon as well.

Here's my current team anyway;

GK: Hart/Schmeichel
DC: Cáceres/Kompany
DL: Roberto Carlos/Gooré
DR: Jagielka/Zabaleta
DM: Veloso/Polombo
MC: Hamsik/Johnson
ML: Robinho/Petrov
MR: S.W.P/Arshavin
ST: Pandev/Jo
ST: Balotelli/Hulk

Yeah you might be wondering why there is no Richards and its because I sold him to Barcelona for 20mil, as well as Dunne for 15mil, hence the major changes in two transfer windows.

So yeah, so far the tactic is great, so many thanks Willster, I'm experimenting with it just keeping back one DM and have my other DM play up as MC, and moving Arshavin upto AMC as he's not performing at all on the wing. I'm letting a lot of goals in but scoring many more than usual, for example I just beat Middlesbrough 4 - 2.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I think the tactic has to be tweaked slightly defensively as it does cause a few goals to be conceded. The tactic was merely a template for you guys to try and adapt to suit accordingly. I am currently working on a new Tactic. I'll be doing a Home & Away version so will post it in the downloads section when ready.

Willster

I'm very satisfied with the results of your tactic Willster! Unbeaten in 10 and the only team I really bled goals to was Werder Bremen and that was at the start of the season. Beat Chelsea 3-0! Thanks again mate

Good stuff fellas, like I said i'm currently testing a new tactic just now I'm not quite ready to release it yet just a few more tweaks and It'll be sorted.
BTW just beat Liverpool 4-1 away!! And theyre top of the league:D:D

Willster

I love beating the top four with the tactic, I beat Chelsea 3-1 yesterday away, and they only scored in the final minute as well!

hey will, im having trouble uploading the tactic, so if you can do me a favour but only if possible. can you take a screenshot of the tactic, and the team instruction ( PRINT SCREEN) and maybe post here as ill always be checking this topic. please mate and very well done on finding a tactic that works for most people...which is why i really need it:D

This tactis hasnt been an instant hit, I lost 2-0 at home to liverpool with my man city played alright though and tey are flying at the top, 6/10 on initial reaction but i'll tweak it around my team and has the basis of a good tactic :)

hi everyone..what are the best tactic for liverpool which using 2 striker..
i need help..:) tq...