Wimbledon 2011

sanketutd

Reaction score
I am surprised that no one started a thread about wimbledon as it is the greatest grand sjam according to me. So just feel free to talk about your favorite players and stuff. For me it's Rafael Nadal and Caroline Wozniacki though she is Liverpool fan which is only problem for me but she is just fantastic and these both players just don't give up!

currently watching Roddick :)

wimbledon is the only tennis i watch

Andy Murray is going to do it this year! I have a feeling... mark my words! he was fantastic in his last game! if he can just keep his head, concentrate and play to his ability he will pull it off this year!

Na Li was knocked out last night 2nd round, was a fly by night win for her in the French Open though...

Soderling looked good in the last 3 sets against Hewitt! Nadal looks good as usual!

I was hoping Megatron (Serena Williams) would be knocked out after she lost the 1st set to that teenager but she manned up and thrashed her....

not too fussed about the womens side of it to be honest, all that groaning and moaning (should turn us men on) actually irritates me!

Serena and Venus > ........................................................ Everybody else
I would love Djokovic to win Wimbledon, but Federer is the best.

currently watching Roddick :)

wimbledon is the only tennis i watch

Watching Roddick too.

I never understand that, why do you only watch Wimbledon?

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

Serena and Venus > ........................................................ Everybody else
I would love Djokovic to win Wimbledon, but Federer is the best.

Federer is the best? When did you last watch tennis? 3 years ago?

And Serena and Venus have been out injured for ages and aren't looking all that special IMO.

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Andy Murray is going to do it this year! I have a feeling... mark my words! he was fantastic in his last game! if he can just keep his head, concentrate and play to his ability he will pull it off this year!

No, just no.

C'me on Tim!!!!!!

Oops. Oh well...got caught in the moment

Just got Robson and Sharapova on. I appreciate a bit of female flesh in Wimbledon.

Watching Robson-Sharapova also, Marias grunting does my head in but oh my what a looker and player. Laura's been unlucky and has played well, Think Maria can win it this year. And Nadal for the mens. Murray hasn't been that impressive hes just done what he's had to and no more. Hewitt-Soderling was a good match and a good comeback from Soderling as he looked down and out 2-0 down. Venus's opening match was a great match too.

Laura Robson will win a grand slam before andy murray. She is really good and she is only 17 and she will get better. She has better attitude than andy murray. And she will get stronger physically. I have really big hopes for!

Not Sure about her winning one before Murray tbh, Murray is very close to winning a grand slam albeit I don't think it will be Wimbledon I would say maybe Roland Garros or the Us but he is close. Robson is still a good bit away from that as Maria proved today, Laura will get better and better and become a great player however many parts of her game needs to improve before that happens. I do agree though high hopes for her also.

Was gutted when Baghdatis went out today, he's such a legend. Shame about Soderling but will be interesting to see how Tomic progresses. Personally think that Federer will win this years Wimbledon.

I reckon nobody will stop Nadal this year. Love to be proved wrong by Federer of course.

Federer. <3 Hope Murray wins it, but think Federer will take it. Prefer Federer to Nadal or NoDjo anyway.

I'm going with Federer to win Wimbledon. He's looking ominous again, and whilst Nadal is probably the favourite, I think Federer has regained some of his confidence and that could just give him is edge back.

Murray needs results to go his way if he's to win Wimbledon.

Gutted that caroline wozniacki went out. I just love her hopefully she'll win a grand slam soon. Days of shock so far williams sisters out too!

so awesome that polish "tennis" player went out,

Gutted that caroline wozniacki went out. I just love her hopefully she'll win a grand slam soon. Days of shock so far williams sisters out too!

I thought Serena might of pulled it back to a set a piece then power through :/