Wimbledon 2011

Was really impressed with sabine lisicki throughout the tournament. Disappointed that she lost wanted her to win. Most impressive thing about her was the way she came back after that horrific injury in march. And what attitude towards the game;she was smiling even when she was not winning. She is the perfect package it seems;she is witty.charming,positive,and good in her game. Definitely one to look out in the future. What u guys think about her?

If Murray does manage to beat Nadal, I'm certain he'll go the distance!

Was really impressed with sabine lisicki throughout the tournament. Disappointed that she lost wanted her to win. Most impressive thing about her was the way she came back after that horrific injury in march. And what attitude towards the game;she was smiling even when she was not winning. She is the perfect package it seems;she is witty.charming,positive,and good in her game. Definitely one to look out in the future. What u guys think about her?

She was really Impressive and she was just out there to enjoy herself, Don't think next year she will be all smiles if she loses because she is back now and will expect to do well. But she is definately one to look out for.

Also liked the look of Laura Robson during the match however Sharapova is my favourite to win can't see past her however will be an interesting final.

If Murray does manage to beat Nadal, I'm certain he'll go the distance!

I think he can do it. He's not showing his full potential yet and Nadal seems to be nursing that ankle injury he picked up. Murray should be able to take advantage of that because his returning has been fantastic!

Anyone watching the Tsonga vs Djokovic match ? superb so far! 3rd set has been phenomenal with some great rally's and points won.

Just Heard Djokovic will become world number 1 after Wimbledon no matter what happens he will replace Rafa.

Last edited:
Sorry, but Murray will be ripped apart by Nadal. Be a repeat of last time with the straight sets loss. Have a feeling his hip injury will have a part to play.

1-0 Murray so far in sets. 7-5. Been a very solid performance so far but it's far from over yet however he needs to stay focused and take this game to Nadal in the second set.

Andy Murray has started very well and just had a great chance to break Nadal for the second time. I expect a strong come back from Rafael Nadal though and reach Sundays final.

It's went from Murray's Mount to Henman hill quite rapidly. He'll be getting called Scottish soon. Bottling it.

Was amused when an footballer tweeted that Murray wouldn't win it cause he's a "total bottlejob" lol. Looks like he's right. Think was an Altrincham player

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of tennis but did anyone actually think Andy Murray could actually beat Rafael Nadal?

I'm not a fan of tennis but did anyone actually think Andy Murray could actually beat Rafael Nadal?

I never did think he could/would tbh. Not a chance in ****. Questionable fitness, questionable mentality, he's basically bottling it right now. His thighs going on him aswell. Going to be an even longer wait for a brit to get to the final.

I thought he could beat him but it would have had to be something special. He started off superb and when he had the chance to go two break points up he blew it and since then threw away some simple overhead shots the lot and let Rafa get his teeth into the game and thats all he needs.

Murray hasn't bottled it. Have you seen how well Nadal is playing?!? He has stepped it up another level and Murray can't compete.

Jack, Murray has bottled it, too many times has he hit unforced errors such as overhand shots and 2 double faults in a row. Granted Nadal has stepped it up and some shots Murray can't do anything about but he has definately bottled many shots.

Nadal is just a machine simple as that. Pure specimen!!

No he hasn't bottled it. Nadal is just better than him at the minute. Murray is still in it but Nadal has that little something extra. Example - that cross court winner then.

How can you say he hasn't bottle it, Look at the unforced errors from the 2nd set. His second set it was 12 unforced errors to 0. Thats the difference between a champion and a loser. Nadal is the better player and majority of his shot's have been world class and unreturnable but there have been plenty of missed opportunitys where Murray has bottled it and put it out or hit the net.

Well I'm sure he'll rue those missed opportunities. What about the points Nadal has won where he's been too good for Murray?

But those points aren't the difference from Murray bottling it those are points earned by Nadal, Rafa has played class I agree but too many great chances handing points to Nadal change the game which to me classes as bottling it. As I said before he had the chance to go 40-15 up 2 break points he had a simple overhead shot which he missed (Bottled) which changed the momentum of the game and lead to many more mistakes from Andy to help Nadal take control of the game.