luckiboi

Reaction score
Guys I have problem with the Winger roles..I've noticed that every match my cross completed rate is really low..My winger has been spraying 15+ crosses every match but only 1 or 2 completed, as a result I never score from crosses and my winger (Antonio Valencia) rating is really lowww , 6 match without even 1 assist..I've tried float and drill cross, changing the wide play and used some great winger such as Lennon and Valencia but still no success.. Here is my Winger's instruction
View attachment 120540

Help pls:'(

I noticed that too, way too low cross complete ratio for me, on any tactic . . i tried tottenham / lyon / valencia . . nothing working . . so i stopped using wingers :/

Valencia made 15+ assists in his first season on my Man Utd save, and he was benched in January when i bought in Bale.

Think about the type of player you are crossing to.

Last edited:
I noticed that too, way too low cross complete ratio for me, on any tactic . . i tried tottenham / lyon / valencia . . nothing working . . so i stopped using wingers :/
glad that I'm not alone(H) well usually I use inside forward , compared to Winger they are FAR better, scoring and assisting as well, but occassionally you'll come across to player like Valencia who can't play as inside forwards :/

Nani is an inside forward.

Valencia is not.

nani has 32 assists in all competitions for me, valencia 22. think about where valencia is crossing from and where your forwards are in the box

IMO wide players - except inside Fs - were pretty useless in FM10 and are only slightlt better in FM11.

IMO wide players - except inside Fs - were pretty useless in FM10 and are only slightlt better in FM11.
all wide players are very effective in fm11, i actually wonder if wingers are too effective

Valencia made 15+ assists in his first season on my Man Utd save.

Think about the type of player you are crossing to.
I have Milevskyi, Berba, Hernandez, and Rooney upfront. I think Milevskyi is quite powerful in the air , and Rooney has decent heading. But if they found Hernandez why they can't just give a low cross??Basically I want my winger to cross and my strikers do a close range tap in.. I've tried drill cross but still no success

I have Milevskyi, Berba, Hernandez, and Rooney upfront. I think Milevskyi is quite powerful in the air , and Rooney has decent heading. But if they found Hernandez why they can't just give a low cross??Basically I want my winger to cross and my strikers do a close range tap in.. I've tried drill cross but still no success
why arent you allowing valencia to roam? how often is he on the ball, does he get a lot of supply

Hernandez is maybe your only poacher, and unless you are playing a world class poacher up front, you will rarely score a close range tap in against premiership defences.

nani has 32 assists in all competitions for me, valencia 22. think about where valencia is crossing from and where your forwards are in the box

all wide players are very effective in fm11, i actually wonder if wingers are too effective

why arent you allowing valencia to roam? how often is he on the ball, does he get a lot of supply

So I must set him to roam??All my forwards are inside the box ,I set all of their wideplay to 'normal' and not roaming..Yes he get a lot of ball and he make about 15+ cross a game but most of the time only 1 0r 2 completed and neither of them are dangerous one.. And Nani 32 assitsts oO) ??In my save he keep doing pointless long shots!!

try to change your cross aim to far post if Milevskyi is quite powerful in the air than macheda.

I belive you. But i usually play 4-3-1-2 or 4-1-3-2 and my "outer" CMs perform as good as most wingers/wide mid, either attacking or covering my wingbacks. they´ll play 1-2´s and the AMC adv.playmaker can be (most often than not) devastating.
Whenever i try to play wingers, well, i seem to get it all wrong, and both my wingers and WB/FB will have a torrid time defending and wont attack that good either

Hernandez is maybe your only poacher, and unless you are playing a world class poacher up front, you will rarely score a close range tap in against premiership defences.

try to change your cross aim to far post if Milevskyi is quite powerful in the air than macheda.

So all of you score most of the crosses from headers?? Even most headers always over the bar in this game:(

I belive you. But i usually play 4-3-1-2 or 4-1-3-2 and my "outer" CMs perform as good as most wingers/wide mid, either attacking or covering my wingbacks. they´ll play 1-2´s and the AMC adv.playmaker can be (most often than not) devastating.
Whenever i try to play wingers, well, i seem to get it all wrong, and both my wingers and WB/FB will have a torrid time defending and wont attack that good either
its horses for courses, it may well be that you are just much better at setting your team up to play through the middle. im the opposite, i'm not particularly good with narrow formations :D

Its all about 4-1-2-1-1 no wingers for boring easy wins. Won the lot with no wingers. Using wingers has got to be the way forward though. Reason being, your team will score all kinds of goals and ultimately play more attractive football. Try setting both wingers to what ever highlights there best statistics then adjust your target man accordingly to his strengths, with team instructions set as wide.

Its all about 4-1-2-1-1 no wingers for boring easy wins. Won the lot with no wingers. Using wingers has got to be the way forward though. Reason being, your team will score all kinds of goals and ultimately play more attractive football. Try setting both wingers to what ever highlights there best statistics then adjust your target man accordingly to his strengths, with team instructions set as wide.

you can take a look at my winger's instruction. Have I got it correctly?

Right, play as Sevilla with Perotti and Jesus Navas on the wings and buy Llorente to go in the middle. Then tell me wingers don't work.

Wing play is my favourite part of the game, and if you use it right it can be devastatingly effective.

Well, it should be convenient to use 10 outfield players eh?