jayt97

Reaction score
Right, I'm half way through my 2nd season at spurs, and i'm now top of the league by 6 points. In my first season i won the uefa cup and finished 4th in the league, ahead of liverpool.
I play a 4-1-3-2 formation, which i've adapted from the 4-4-2 standard.
My DM rarely makes forward runs and my 3 AMs are right up the field with forward arrows playing behind 2 strikers.
I play a counter attacking game and normally a short and reasonably quick passing game, unless my scout tells me that the pitch favours a direct game, in which case i would adapt. The only problem is that my strikers are probably the worst team performers. My DM (Veloso) and my 3 AMs regularly have solid games. Results of the season so far - Beat Sevilla 3-1 away in my first CL game and just beat Manu Utd 3-1 at Old Trafford.
I struggled to find a good tactic at first, and I started my 1st season poorly, but this seems to be more successful now.
Good luck

Sounds good. Hope it lasts :)

The tactic I'm using atm for Arsenal is quite simialr to this, but I use a flat 4 in midfield. I'm only in October but I've won all my games apart from 1 (0-0 draw at Wigan) but that was 'cos all my strikers were injured so had to play Ashley Young and Luke Freeman up front :|

could some1 plz help us out with good tactics i'm finding it hard to find 1 that works
thanks

R
I play a 4-1-3-2 formation, which i've adapted from the 4-4-2 standard.
My DM rarely makes forward runs and my 3 AMs are right up the field with forward arrows playing behind 2 strikers.
I play a counter attacking game and normally a short and reasonably quick passing game, unless my scout tells me that the pitch favours a direct game, in which case i would adapt.

5 defensive players are soaking up all that pressure and releasing on the counter attack with short passing? Is Superman and Batman playing at CB?:p

Not superman or batman, just corluka and zapata, with bale and rafinha full backs and veloso ahead of them. I'm conceding goals, but unlike with other tactics i've tried, i'm scoring plenty too.

But then I am a genius at this game, so maybe it's hard for mere mortals to truly grasp this

Not superman or batman, just corluka and zapata, with bale and rafinha full backs and veloso ahead of them. I'm conceding goals, but unlike with other tactics i've tried, i'm scoring plenty too.

But then I am a genius at this game, so maybe it's hard for mere mortals to truly grasp this

;) Score more than they do.

A man from the Kevin Keegan school of management.

lol its the old barca way personally i hate 2 concede any goals if i win 4-1 still not happy with the 1 conceded
this game reminds me ov Premier Manager 2000 hard to get rgt tactic

does bale and rafinha bomb 4wd or stay back because there not really defence minded

Last edited:
ive found so far that a 4-1-3-2 with the full backs with farrows and the wide mids with farrows works fine for me, i play a direct to long-ish style depending on the weather conditions and play down the wings, if you slow the tempo down your fullbacks with overlap the wingers and get alot of balls into the middle, i personally always have my wide men cross from the byline.

not sure how this tactic will work at a higher level, but im playing it in N.Ireland Div 2 with Chimney Corner and we are winning everything, including beating N.I. Premiership sides to win two of the cup.

its halfway through the season won two cups got a 12 point lead in the league and have won the last 17 on the bounce (albeit some in extra time in the cups) if things keep on like this i'll be in Europe through the Cup next season.

if you find the need to change your tactic drastically, dont do it all at once, try to change it slowly over a few home games preferably, because although your team will suffer a little due to the change playing at home will combat this, you've also got a larger chance of winning so if you do get a good result your players moral wont suffer.

if you are bringing in player to either cover for injury or as new signings try to bring them in slowly othwise passes will go amiss and they will play out of position, this is especially true of defenders, they miss interceptions and are often pulled out of place, its not so obvious with attacking players as when they mess up like that it is rarely a highlight.

I have Bale and Rafinha bombing forward, crossing the ball a lot but with a normal mentality.

Just qualified from 1st stage of Champions League at the first attempt, winning every game, including beating Sevilla home and away. Score one more than them indeed.

Only problem is that one of my 2 strikers, Huntelaar, just can't seem to perform. Good thing the rest of them are!!

I love playing aggressively and on the attack all the time. I use 4-4-2 attacking style Against most teams my tactic is 4-1-1-2-2 or the 4-2-2-2 formation its been working very well for me at Manchester City argh I do have money but my guys just cant stop scoring.

My 2 CB's Defending and all the rest are on full scale attack with Vuoso DM and Diarra CM with Petrov and Shaun Wright Phillips playing on the wings attacking at every opportunity I would definitely recommend this against average clubs and against the likes of Manchester United use 2 Defensive midfielders and go for the goals on the counter attack its been working miracles with my team.

4-2-2-2 is 4 Defenders 2 Centre Midfielders 2 attacking Wingers and 2 strikers.

Last edited:
I play 4-4-2 but not a normal bog standard 4-4-2. I play with two wide attacking midfielders (wingers) with arrows going forward, two normal centre midfielders (not dm) and a back four with both full backs forward arrows and two centre halfs with backwards arrows. It works wonders with my short passing slow tempo play and getting it wide to cross for Gomis to score countless number of headers.

Love the game and how hard it is!!

i tired this tatic and it seam to work well but the only problem is my stirkers cant score. im aston villa and i have john carew, agbonlahor, huntelaar and henri saviet. i have missed the goal loads of times and hit the bar alot! any advice??

the tactic im using at qpr is

but the two wing backs with attacking lines forward

wingers attacking line forward

left centre mid line forwards

right centre mid line back

right foward line back

(attacking)
(direct)
(always closing down)
(quick tempo)
(hard tackling)
(time wasting rarley)
(COUNTER ATTACK)

i lost my first match 4-1 to burnley LOL

but i then beat wycombe in cup, derby title contenders, palace title contenders, and atm its half time and im beating palace in the cup,

Last edited:
Nice i just play 4-4-2 with tramiere with liverpools el zar right mid ( on load and he has scored 27 ). I also loaned jay wallace from everton with him scoring 41 goals !!!! i am now top 14 points clear

-

I have Bale and Rafinha bombing forward, crossing the ball a lot but with a normal mentality.

Just qualified from 1st stage of Champions League at the first attempt, winning every game, including beating Sevilla home and away. Score one more than them indeed.

Only problem is that one of my 2 strikers, Huntelaar, just can't seem to perform. Good thing the rest of them are!!

You have 3am with arrows fwd and 2 st ive tried this b4 and it sort of pushs
1 of your fwds out of the way does huntelaar get many chances and whos his strike partner mayb try 1 up front and 2 anchormen one just siting back helping
ur back 2 and other just cleaning up in midfield with plenty of throw balls and thn give bale and rafinha more attacking down flanks :D

Last edited:
tried one up front but doesn't seem to work that well. I'm playing pavlyuchenko as huntelaars pertner and he's banging them in left right and centre but Huntelaar is literally rubbish, even when i play him in pav's position.

also don't want to move my full backs as they're on fire, along with everyone else bar hunt.

Patience

I think patience is key. I am halfway through my 3rd season with Crystal Palace and have got them to 8th in the premiership. I was reading this forum and changing my formation and tactics trying to find a consistant performer with little success. Then i stuck to 442 with a few tweaks for around 12 games and my results are getting more and more consistant. all players are on standard tacktics for their positions apart from i get them to close down more and i have the team attacking a bit more. also i get my best header to challenge keeper on corners of course although it doesnt work nearly as much as before.

I do have a bunch of new young stars in my team so i guess they are getting acclimatised as well

Last edited: