help

im playing a 4-1-2-1-2 tactic modified from 4-4-2 attacking tactic,winning games but only scraping em im man utd berbatov scores a few rooney is terrible playe him up front and in attacking mid nothing seems to work with him any ideas or change of tactics?cheers

-

tried one up front but doesn't seem to work that well. I'm playing pavlyuchenko as huntelaars pertner and he's banging them in left right and centre but Huntelaar is literally rubbish, even when i play him in pav's position.

also don't want to move my full backs as they're on fire, along with everyone else bar hunt.

i know huntelaar is a lone striker at ajax . is one OF them a targetman

can i ask does everyone use same tactic home and away and in euro games
home and away!!!

im playing a 4-1-2-1-2 tactic modified from 4-4-2 attacking tactic,winning games but only scraping em im man utd berbatov scores a few rooney is terrible playe him up front and in attacking mid nothing seems to work with him any ideas or change of tactics?cheers

u could try berbatov up front on his own with rooney behind but move him 2
the left with arrow fwd and use berbatov as a targetman . berbatov will come 4 the ball then that will leave rooney racing ahead with his pace

i use this with mancity but its my home tactic also your team tactic will
be different to mine because you have better players

yes, i'm using pavly as a target man. tried huntelaar in that position too but nothing.

And yes, i play the same formation home/away/europe, the only thing i change is my passing/tempo/defensive line and tackling.

any chance of uploading tactic you may have done already but i new and cant find it :)

u could try berbatov up front on his own with rooney behind but move him 2
the left with arrow fwd and use berbatov as a targetman . berbatov will come 4 the ball then that will leave rooney racing ahead with his pace

i use this with mancity but its my home tactic also your team tactic will
be different to mine because you have better players

This is the tactic to go with the above just held chelsea to 0-0
no 1 likes a nil nil but rather that than a thumping got 2 be realistic
with the team ive got ;(

I'm using a 4-2-3-1 formation with liverpool, its their default formation and have only fiddled with the tactics. Currently lie 2nd in league after 15 games, 1 point off Arsenal. Have the two highest goalscorers Torres N Babel, Most assist from Alonso and best average ratings for Gerrard. Only lost one game was league match to Arsenal, even though I totally dominated the 2nd half and they were lucky according to the reports.
have sold several players like Dossena, Deggen, Itandje, Yussi, Pennant Ngog, and brought J Mattock (leics) T Henry (barca) and Defour (Standard) and they not regulars in my 1st team.

Very attacking, score a lot of goals against the smaller teams 5-nil against west brom followed by 4-0 againtst fulham both away. Beat Chelsea 2-0 at the bridge, but games have been toghter against the likes of Villa and Spurs Everton.

I spent time and restarted the game 5 times, that gave me time to develop a tactic suited to the players I had in my Liverpool team.

Will post details when finish work.

i'm also spurs and doing quite well with huntelaar and pav up front. only thing is hunt is banging them in for fun and pav is struggling. hunt29 in 31, pav 12 in 26

i tired this tatic and it seam to work well but the only problem is my stirkers cant score. im aston villa and i have john carew, agbonlahor, huntelaar and henri saviet. i have missed the goal loads of times and hit the bar alot! any advice??

i did a season with villa and played 1 st, 2 wing forwards, 2 cm and a holding midfielder (i used reo coker or petrov) and then a flat 4. buy a player called arthur boka to cover for when shorey gets injured.

i had an attacking mentality, mixed passing, i didnt focus it down one particular area

worked for me lol

managed to win the premiership after a shaky start, 3 wins and 10 draws out of the first 13 games *****. developed a winning run, beat the big teams 1-0 2-1 etc, won the premiership by one point :)

i could agree that there actually doesnt exist so called THE BEST TACTIC , its just tactic best combined with youre asset of players. So far im playing with Wolves came in premier league and managed to survive first season as no 16 like 4 points from relegation zone. I was using tactic with only one striker 4-1-2-2-1 with dmf two cmf and two aml amr as offense wingers its cool if u have a tall players as i have Iwelumo made him target man and so far it just works fine also i found a player called Ryan McGowan Australian fella he becomes awsome with a proper training wonderkid also i found dmf as i needed that one for wolves Lukman Haruma he is ******* good :p.

I've slightly ajusted my tactic since the last post. i've now moved one of my strikers to a central midfielder, leving just huntelaar up front. he's playing better and scoring, i'm at the beginning of april 2010, i'm 13 points clear at the top of the league, in the semi finals of the FA Cup and quarters of the champions league having just knocked out AC Milan 2-1 on aggregate.

Scored the most in the league and conceded the least

yeah this tactic is working for me, heres hoping it keeps up (H)(H)

4-3-1-2 Arsenal

I play with veloso in the middle of fabregas and denilson with nasri behind van persie and adebayor. clichy and sagna both set to play as attacking wingbacks and put plenty of crosses in. with veloso (arrow from cm to dmc) mopping up infront of 2 good centre backs in toure and gallas not much seems to get through to my keeper.

i play a possesion and short passing game that not only guarentees high passing percentages (i.e. good mid ratings) but also makes your opponent chase the game and therefore tire themselves out.

only problem with this formation is that your 2 strikers are prone to have an off game from time to time. to combat this make sure your amc (nasri) is set to play more through balls than long shots and also holds the ball up for fabregas denilson clichy and sagna to join into the attack to provide more service for your frontmen.

settings for denilson and fabregas vary depending on the opposition but generally they are set to play in an attacking role without moving the arrows forward.

In my first season i won the league by scoring the most goals and conceding the fewest with van persie scoring 45 goals and nasri assisting in no fewer than 38 team goals an contributing 18 from amc. i made the seim finals of the champs league and my kids gained valuabl experiance in the domestic cups by reaching the quater finals of both the F.A. and League Cups.

I play beautifull football the arsenal way without buying superstars or cheating myself with the editor. if you spend more than 10mil on a single player your not playing the game right :) (veloso 9.5mil with percentages of next sale and a friendly - like im ever gona sell him lol)

can you post up a link to this tactic? Wanna try it. My team is doing garbage at the mo.

right it seems to be huntelaar and pavylchenko are the problem!
first of all i'd offload one of them, their to alike as players! then try and sign a small tricky forward that plays as an ATTACKING MIDFIELDER with a RUN up to join the striker, so they're playing off the front man. idealy he would need good dribbling, pace, etc. (i found that bellamy, tevez and aguero are all good in this position when i managed west ham, united and Atl madrid)
then use a target man e.g berbatov, dean ashton, forlan.

your passing needs to be FAIRLY DIRECT to cut out the forward and give him the chance to get up behind the target man.

NOW onto your MIDFIELD. this needs to be a good BALANCE. if you play 4-4-1-1 then i'd have to fairly defensive minded players in the middle of the park e.g carrick and velosso and have your wingers attacking (this doesn't leave you exposed when you caught on the counter)

IF however you play 4-1-3-1-1 then you should have 2 defensive midfielders, (one that plays as an actual defensive midfielder and 1 that plays devensively in cntre mid and two attacking minded midfielders. a bit like A.C milan where they have Gattuso, Pirlo, Kaka and seedorf.

now onto your DEFENCE, your defenders should all be good at defending i wouldn't bother with the attacking wing backs, (it adds nothing to the attack and leaves you exposed at back)

its worked for me so far :D hope you get the same result.

Last edited:
top tactics

i play the same tactics as jayt97 only i play it with 2 holding midfielders and 1 striker, i play it with liverpool reina, arbeloa, aurellio, agger, carragher, alonso, macherano(top quality player in this game), kuyt, gerrard, babel(another quality player on this game) and torres. very good tactic i play it with a direct attacking style

I play with a 3-4-3 or a 3-4-1-2 in difficult away matches - all the back are central.

I play a rather offensive style football with the offensive bar 4 left of the max, just short of much creative freedom, pace and broadth and a short passing style, a high pressing defensive line, on half closing down and rare time wasting..

12 games in I have 36 points, with a 28-2 score

I play a 4-1-3-2 formation, which i've adapted from the 4-4-2 standard.
My DM rarely makes forward runs and my 3 AMs are right up the field with forward arrows playing behind 2 strikers.

with the attacking mid's do you have 3 CAM's, or a LAM, CAM, RAM?