LOL @ this FM mini dissertation. WOW. great work Woody

er, what do i say to substitues? i JUST realised i could give them team talks when i bring them on halfway through a match. is it in the guide? cause it's quite lengthy and hard to search...

er, what do i say to substitues? i JUST realised i could give them team talks when i bring them on halfway through a match. is it in the guide? cause it's quite lengthy and hard to search...
You mean your too lazy to read it?

depend's on their form, morale and stature. if you bring on Ngog for Torres for example and his morale is anything above good, you must say to him "you have faith" or "even no pressure"
but if bringing on David Beckham for Kwadwo Asamoah you will say to him "i expect a performance" or "you have faith"

all depends on morale, but normally anyone under the age of 24 i say "no pressure and above i say expect performance" but you need to see what best suits your players personallities and how they react to what you say to them.. :D

The best and most in depth team talk guide I have ever read! Respect to Wolfsong for writing it and JP for posting it up :)

I've noticed some of the options you say to use in your scenarios aren't available to me. For instance i can't Sympathise with the overperforming players after we lose some of the time. Or if i'm down by a goal I get "Wheres the passion lads?" Instead of "I expect better from you" which you say to use.

I'm using an unpatched version if that makes any difference.

I've noticed some of the options you say to use in your scenarios aren't available to me. For instance i can't Sympathise with the overperforming players after we lose some of the time. Or if i'm down by a goal I get "Wheres the passion lads?" Instead of "I expect better from you" which you say to use.

Some will be available as Talks for the whole team others you will find by giving a player an individual talk.

The way around this is to sympathize with the team and then give individual talks to those who did not perform well and say disappointed or not good enough to them.

Great Guide mate I can see the raise in the performances of my players

tried this last night for the first time - all I used prior to that was the *** team talk, average rating over a season for most players 6.8 - with Wolfsong team talk I'm getting players at 9/8 6.9 the lowest - thanks a million, maybe my players will start getting on with me now

how could u read all that it would take ages

WOW:O

how could u read all that it would take ages

WOW:O
You have obviously never read a book i take it. oO)

Seems to be alot of people these days unwilling to feed their brains with a little written knowledge. :(

Last edited:
You have obviously never read a book i take it. oO)

Seems to be alot of people these days unwilling to feed their brains with a little written knowledge. :(

The ones who won't spend 5-20 minuted to read this, or even spend hours on understanding it all, wont benefit from the knowledge regardless. I think there's a connection there :p

I enjoy things like this, not only to read it, but add it to my game and really see that it works and use it to my advantage.

This guide is fantastic, 0-0 at half-time I said 'dissapointing' and I had then scored 3 goals within 10 mins into the second half from the team talk.

And I went on to win the game 4-1 :)

Last edited:
what do I say to a player who is suffering from low morale due to a goal drought at the beginning of a match

i think u dont need to read all of the guide
all you need is play the game and read scenario that happen on match
unless you dont really want to try 'alternative way to play fm'