Im on FM11 and have noticed inconsistency's with Whats supposed to be said, It does improve players performances though but does not guarantee like this wolf bloke is saying a win every-game.

anyone has good summary team talks can make a download link for it ?

i have a big problem morale is very low and i cant win any game how am i going to change their morale - :(

i have a big problem morale is very low and i cant win any game how am i going to change their morale - :(
general teamtalk: expect a win (home, clear favourites) - can win (away)
individual: morale below good -> no pressure - morale above good -> have faith
half-time: 6.9-7.5 -> pleased + have faith on goalscorer

be easy on your players but make sure to praise them when they are playing well during half-time and when match is done

be easy on your players but make sure to praise them when they are playing well during half-time and when match is done

Thank you for your reply.

I've made a simple resume of Wolfsong's TeamTalk Guide. So if you want, you can download it from here:

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

It's a pdf file, so you need adobe reader. This is reproduction of Wolfsong's TT, and is totaly based on his very impressive research. I do not pretend of any copyrights. I made it for myself, but I wish to share it with you.

cheers mate. i didn't want to have to read through this every match i played lol :p

if at half time the rating are below 6.9 what must say ?

---------- Post added at 03:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 AM ----------

if at half time th rating are below 6.9 what you must say thanks shunt

---------- Post added at 03:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 AM ----------

and these team talks shunt are for every situatuion or when morale is low ?

Great guide but it's so complex.... could anyone make a summary?

Mate iv got to hand it to you with this post i played this game for as long as i can remember, and ever since the team talk has been introduced to this game i didnt realise the importance of it. I thought it was a pointless feature, but boy i was wrong, inspiring stuff on this post has breathed new life into my game now trying to motivate players and get them to play better. Very very clever i can now see why SI have put this into the game, very real and very important, thanks for taking the time to do this post great depth in detail, iv learned alot from this post.

I've noticed some of the options you say to use in your scenarios aren't available to me. For instance i can't Sympathise with the overperforming players after we lose some of the time. Or if i'm down by a goal I get "Wheres the passion lads?" Instead of "I expect better from you" which you say to use.

I'm using an unpatched version if that makes any difference.

usually if they are in the same pos on the list they are the same. eg "delighted with performance" when you win is similar to "eelated" when you lose. also i have never in my career on fm11 seen "team:encourage" get any other reaction than "didnt seem to be paying attention" where as on fm08 i used to get major reactions from players, particularly ones that had scored already.

thanks wolfsong for making my struggling chelsea (plus 1 down from premier top with 3 games to go and 1 goal deficit from arsenal in the c.l semi-final 1st leg) win the premier with 5 point difference and the champions league winning arsenal 4-0 and real 2-1 (plus making anelka score 8 goals the 5 most crucial games with torres and drogba injured)

when you *** manager say's *** trying are a number of he squad are trying to blend into the squad. What do you say??

when you *** manager say's *** trying are a number of he squad are trying to blend into the squad. What do you say??

This, I don't consider to have anything to do with prematch teamtalks, but is basically information as to why things might cause you problems, players under performing due to not being settled. If the player is having a poor game, making lots of easy mistakes, I would go easy on him until he is settled.

If he has low confidence and look nervous because of this, then I would react and show him faith and release the pressure but not because of him not having gelled into the team but because of the state he is in. ( i.e an ungelled player with high morale, high confidence, I would treat like any other player prematch)

Last edited:
This, I don't consider to have anything to do with prematch teamtalks, but is basically information as to why things might cause you problems, players under performing due to not being settled. If the player is having a poor game, making lots of easy mistakes, I would go easy on him until he is settled.

If he has low confidence and look nervous because of this, then I would react and show him faith and release the pressure but not because of him not having gelled into the team but because of the state he is in. ( i.e an ungelled player with high morale, high confidence, I would treat like any other player prematch)

cheers much appreciated

Many comments in this thread seems to think we should check the player stats and not just the rating etc. I think in the real world that would be true (we would probably not have a rating in the real world), but since this a game, I am pretty sure all that is represented in the player rating. That is all I go on, and it has served me well.

well, for me i dont think this can be useful in my save on fm2011 patch 11.3. thats why i hired *** man. who have 19 motivation in his ability, so simple and it works :)

this is total dedication. i bow to you, oh master of the teamtalk (ten seasons? isn't fm 11 barely a year old? wow. impressed)