Wolves plan £40m ground expansion

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Wolverhampton Wanderers announce a £40m plan to increase capacity at Molineux to 50,000 from its present 30,000.

More...

Would they even get 50,000 fans? lol oO)

They need a smaller stadium, like Stoke. Smaller clubs should have smaller stadiums to get a good atmosphere to get behind the team. It would be echoing with 50k.

i dont know, cause a smaller staduims, means they could in theory lower ticket prices, Attracting more people, cause if you lived in birmingham and could go see wolves play for 15-12 quid premiership football, i would go.

I doubt they would spend 40m in developments if they didn't think it would be dividends.

I doubt they would spend 40m in developments if they didn't think it would be dividends.

Well put. Perhaps trying to muscle in on the 2018/2022 bid?
Will probably make them more attractive for other events such as music concerts etc, bringing more money in.

they must of had a high demand for season ticketts for this to be an issue, fair play to them.

good on them it shows there trying to become a bigger club, without spending stupid money on players

wow its a quick way for wolves to get into debt

Not really, £40m on expanding a stadium to 50,000 is better investment that bringing in a player for the same price.

Not really, £40m on expanding a stadium to 50,000 is better investment that bringing in a player for the same price.
they're going about being a bigger club the right way. more incoming revenue, which pays for better players, which brings better finishes in the table, which brings more revenue etc. best of luck to them

they're going about being a bigger club the right way. more incoming revenue, which pays for better players, which brings better finishes in the table, which brings more revenue etc. best of luck to them

Exactly, they could just do a Chelsea or more likely a Portsmouth, having a tiny stadium and a small fan base therefore not generating much money then spend huge amounts on players with no regards to the long term ending up in either losing tens of millions a year (Chelsea) or going into administration (Pompey) so this is a better idea, as long as they can stay up for the next few years.

But my point still stands, do they even have 50,000 fans (6)

This could be a stupid decision. They may regret this if they go down.
EDIT: Screw that I just realised about parachute payments :P

This could be a stupid decision. They may regret this if they go down.
EDIT: Screw that I just realised about parachute payments :P

They won't go down.

They have Kevin Doyle.

They had an average attendance of 28,000 plus last season -- not bad for a team fighting relegation :)

Currently in average attendance last season they where 11th. If they filled out a 50,000 seat stadium they would be 3rd (behind Arsenal and Man Utd). The amount of extra revenue from this would be very handy especially for a team like Wolves. Good idea me thinks :)

Currently in average attendance last season they where 11th. If they filled out a 50,000 seat stadium they would be 3rd (behind Arsenal and Man Utd). The amount of extra revenue from this would be very handy especially for a team like Wolves. Good idea me thinks :)

Not next season, they would be 4th after the TOON in 3rd! :)

By the time it's built, Tottenham will have our 56,250 seater so they'll be 4th. I'm assuming Newcastle will be back in the Championship in 2014. ;)

Wolves are a small time club who should remain small time, I don't think they should be allowed to expand but thats just my personal opinion. Every league needs the cannon fodder to make the big teams look good and I think Wolves should remain cannon fodder, thats just my opinion tho.

Back