Wolves plan £40m ground expansion

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 2K
Wolves are a small time club who should remain small time, I don't think they should be allowed to expand but thats just my personal opinion. Every league needs the cannon fodder to make the big teams look good and I think Wolves should remain cannon fodder, thats just my opinion tho.
as you proved when you made that alex ferguson thread, your opinon is bollocks. shine on

Wolves are a small time club who should remain small time, I don't think they should be allowed to expand but thats just my personal opinion. Every league needs the cannon fodder to make the big teams look good and I think Wolves should remain cannon fodder, thats just my opinion tho.
You been making some stupid comment lately first Alex Ferguson is overrated and now that clubs should have no ambition, bow your head in shame

No need to make personal insults, I have a right to my opinion.
then dont make ridiculous statments like that. you know its a pointless thing to say. all clubs were small time at one point, they all have to make that first step to becoming a big club.

---------- Post added at 01:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 AM ----------

if you make a stupid remark, you should expect to get rapped over it, i'm tired of being diplomatic towards numpties

then dont make ridiculous statments like that. you know its a pointless thing to say. all clubs were small time at one point, they all have to make that first step to becoming a big club.

---------- Post added at 01:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 AM ----------

if you make a stupid remark, you should expect to get rapped over it, i'm tired of being diplomatic towards numpties

Well then maybe you should find another forum because personal insults towards innocent members are not tolerated here.

Wolves aren't that small. They have good support -- they filled their stadium despite a relegation threatened season.

Your statement that Wolves should 'remain cannon fodder' is quite harsh -- they have just as much right as any other team to play in the Premier Division. You do realise that this 'small time' club you talk about have enjoyed European success in their past and also were instrumental in the formation of the football league and the European Cup. Also, your Manchester United were not always great either -- they were once declared bankcrupt and saved by a group of business men. They spent a lot of time bouncing between divisions too, so don't think they're anymore special than any other team.

Wolves are a very important club in the history of the game.

Wolves aren't that small. They have good support -- they filled their stadium despite a relegation threatened season.

Your statement that Wolves should 'remain cannon fodder' is quite harsh -- they have just as much right as any other team to play in the Premier Division. You do realise that this 'small time' club you talk about have enjoyed European success in their past and also were instrumental in the formation of the football league and the European Cup. Also, your Manchester United were not always great either -- they were once declared bankcrupt and saved by a group of business men. They spent a lot of time bouncing between divisions too, so don't think they're anymore special than any other team.

Wolves are a very important club in the history of the game.

I completely disagree with that but you have a right to your opinion.

Okay, lets not turn it into a ***** fight - but I still think you're off your head, so-called "SuperDude"

I completely disagree with that but you have a right to your opinion.
First Division/Premier League

Second Division/Championship

Third Division (North)/Third Division

Fourth Division

[edit] Cup

UEFA Cup

FA Cup

Football League Cup

• Winners: 1974, 1980
  • Semi-finalists: 1973
FA Charity Shield

Football League Trophy

[edit] Minor honours

Texaco Cup

• Winners: 1971
Football League War Cup

FA Youth Cup

United Soccer Association

North American Soccer League International Cup

The Central League

• Winners 1931–32 1950–51 1951–52 1952–53 1957–58 1958–59
[edit] Club records

Main article: Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C. records
Gates

• Attendance: 61,315 — Liverpool (FA Cup Fifth Round, 11 February 1939)
Tell me how they are not a very important club in the history of the game
+ i think that last bit is quite interesting
+ yes this was all taken from wiki

First Division/Premier League

Second Division/Championship

Third Division (North)/Third Division

Fourth Division

[edit] Cup

UEFA Cup

FA Cup

Football League Cup

• Winners: 1974, 1980
  • Semi-finalists: 1973
FA Charity Shield

Football League Trophy

[edit] Minor honours

Texaco Cup

• Winners: 1971
Football League War Cup

FA Youth Cup

United Soccer Association

North American Soccer League International Cup

The Central League

• Winners 1931–32 1950–51 1951–52 1952–53 1957–58 1958–59
[edit] Club records

Main article: Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C. records
Gates

• Attendance: 61,315 — Liverpool (FA Cup Fifth Round, 11 February 1939)
Tell me how they are not a very important club in the history of the game
+ i think that last bit is quite interesting
+ yes this was all taken from wiki

You might have edited those facts so I don't know if I can trust them, in any case you can prove anything with statistics so I don't really pay attention to them.

You might have edited those facts so I don't know if I can trust them, in any case you can prove anything with statistics so I don't really pay attention to them.

If you can prove something with statistics, it's proof clown.

SuperDude -- you can disagree all you like with my previous statement, but on what basis? The league and the European competition your team play in every season may not have been around if it weren't for this 'small time' club. I would say that makes them important to our game.

Please,stop contradicting people's posts and actually accept that Wolves were a big club.
Corrected ;)

Silly idea at this point in time, I can see them going down next year, dunno why but I can.

Back