Wolves: The Exciting Journey To Success

Travis Comery

Reaction score
Neves-wide.jpg

Wolves appoint Comery

Sky Sports News this morning have confirmed that ambitious Wolves have appointed young English manager Travis Comery as their new Head Coach.
Comery, 38, is a client of super agent Jorge Mendes, and has been since his coaching career began within Barcelona's youth system. An unknown manager, Travis has been highly regarded at Barcelona, and been mentored by the likes of Pep Guardiola and Luis Enrique.

Speaking to Sky Sports this morning, director Jeff Shi has released the following statement: 'Travis is a fantastic young coach, he has an excellent philosophy that matches ours, and has a superb CV. Despite him not managing in senior football, I believe Travis has the makings to take Wolves to the next stage. The sky is the limit.'

Wolves have already shown they are one of the most exciting sides in the Premier league, acquiring some excellent young talent, thanks to Mendes who works alongside the board of directors, assisting with recruitment.

Outlining my short and long term ambitions as Wolves Manager

So firstly, i just wanted to say that I am not usually the one to hop between careers. I got a lot of motivation to do this save from TheNotSoSpecialOne and his excellent Everton save. I am also personally a huge fan of Wolves, and love their ambitions/recruitment policy.

I am fortunate enough to have a very talented squad at Wolves. I already have very strong young players, Diogo Jota, Ruben Neves, Ruben Vinagre, Morgan Gibbs-White etc. But this is something I want to expand on. i want to build a real force at Wolves, and it is a save that i want to be taking the whole way.

I am using the most recently updated squads, which includes the recent acquisitions of Patrick Cutrone and Jesus Vallejo (Loan) But I am really excited to add some real talent to the squad, and prove that last seasons Europa League qualification was no fluke.

I have built up a long list of transfer targets, and have been looking at players that could be of use to us both now and in years to come. I am willing to invest in the youth to ensure our long term progression is on track.

My short term ambitions are to remain in and around the Europa League qualification, whilst focusing on continuing the exciting performances on the pitch. I want Wolves to grow as a club, i will be looking to increase Sponsorship worldwide and generate a much wider market for our club. This will start with our first pre season in China.

My long term ambitions, of course, are trophies, I am a winner, and would not have taken the role at Wolves if i did not believe my ambitions could be achieved. This squad, with the right additions, the right philosophy, can be a real force in the football world. Wolves are becoming a very attractive club for players to choose, especially those overseas with the premier league dream.

Analysing the Squad

So, without going into detail on every player in the squad, I want to highlight 3 key players this season, the players I will be looking to move on, and the ones to watch, who I think could be on the verge of breaking into the first team set up.

Key Players

Joao Moutinho
Moutinho-2.jpg

Moutinho is a star player for Wolves, A player with a real reputation in Europe. Only a couple of years ago, was regarded as one of the best midfielders in Europe, attracting interest from Barcelona, Real Madrid, PSG etc, before eventually signing for Monaco during their huge spending spree. Moutinho will be huge for me this season, he has the ability to score and create goals, and I am hoping to see Joao hit double figures for both this season.

Ruben Neves
PA_7d77aeba-9947-46d5-bca9-76baa9ce466e_20190113224304-787x1024.jpg

I simply had to add this man. Its quite scary to know that Ruben is only 21 years old... he has a huge career ahead of him, already stealing a lot of the limelight at Wolves with some superb goals and masterclass assists. It's fair to say, we will have to be doing very well to keep him away from the best clubs in the world. At just £15 million, it really shows what a bargain he was. Neves will not be leaving for any less than £80 million pounds.

Diogo Jota
diogo_jota_of_wolverhampton_wanderers_during_the_premier_league__915330.jpg

Diogo Jota. Another player that has raised eyebrows across the globe for his outstanding ability. He initially signed for Wolves on loan from Atletico Madrid, but since made his move permanent, signing a 4 year contract. In my opinion, he has all the makings to be the difference for us this season. He has extreme quality in front of goal and possesses huge talent.

Surplus to Requirements

Romain Saiss - Has been placed on the transfer list, willing to accept offers in excess of £5million.

Ryan Bennett, willing to accept a permanent move, or a loan with the option.

Leo Bonatini, willing to sell or loan. No longer needed.

I have spoken to their agents, and decided it is best for these 3 players to move in in this window, as I don't plan to register them for the forthcoming season.

Breakthrough Players To Watch

Ruben Vinagre
2_Vinagre.jpg

Ruben Vinagre. He is a huge part of my plans this season, i love his versatility. He can play Left back, wide attacking midfield or even central midfield. He is very composed, very determined, and poses outstanding technical ability. He is really one to watch this season.

Morgan Gibbs-White
morgan_gibbswhite_of_wolverhampton_wanderers_during_the_fa_cup_f_1102271.jpg

I am sure you guys expectied this young man to get a mention. Morgan really is a wonderkid. he has all the qualities to be a top England international, and certainly a huge player in my team. He is an academy graduate and has the home grown status at Wolves. He also loves the club and I can even see him captaining this side one day. He will be instantly involved in my first team squad.

Recruitment and Finances

The board of directors have given us a generous £30 million to spend this summer, as a result of the Europa Qualification last season. This, matched with hopefully a couple of outgoings, will give me plenty of resources to add my my talented squad. The areas I would like to strengthen are: Goalkeeper, I need a young, exciting number 2 to come in and learn from Rui Patricio. I am also looking for a couple of wingers, a striker and a CB in this window.
Financially, Wolves have reported a loss of £1.8 million in our last financial year. This is something I am really looking to assist with, by expanding our brand and gaining new Sponsorship overseas.

We are currently spending £1,276,900 on wages to our first team squad. With a budget of £1,500,000. So this gives us room to manoeuvre.

I have a very aggressive Pre-Season planned with a trip to China for 2 weeks, we will play 4 games in this time. Before returning home, and directly to a training camp in Cadiz, Spain.

I will be back with sealed business, failed transfers, pre season updates, league fixtures, and much more in my next update. Again, just to reiterate, this is a long term career here, and I hope you can all buy into it and join my on the journey!!

Thanks to TheNotSoSpecialOne for giving me the inspiration to do this career, as its one i'm actually really excited about.

FC73D5D0-C4B1-4E64-840D-25500A0B15F5.jpeg

Will be following mate. Similar to my Everton save I think you have a squad good enough for top half and start pushing for the challenge into the top six but similarly you'll have the issues I have with trying to keep your top players happy at the club when the big clubs come calling!

Will be following mate. Similar to my Everton save I think you have a squad good enough for top half and start pushing for the challenge into the top six but similarly you'll have the issues I have with trying to keep your top players happy at the club when the big clubs come calling!

Thanks mate. Not going to be as easy as it may seem, as you've mentioned, there will come a time when the big players will be looking to move on! Your Everton save is the reason I really want a shot at this one! Excellent story so far, will there be another update from you tonight? ^^)

Thanks mate. Not going to be as easy as it may seem, as you've mentioned, there will come a time when the big players will be looking to move on! Your Everton save is the reason I really want a shot at this one! Excellent story so far, will there be another update from you tonight? ^^)

Got family over at the moment but might be able to get my pre season post up depending what time they go. It's ready to be posted as I am 2 games into the season....Just need to find the time to post it

TRANSFER WINDOW CLOSED

165012893_3002246463001_SkySportsTransferCentreZoomed.jpg

Transfer Window Closed!

I managed to acquire 8 players this transfer window, spending just shy of £30 million pounds. But before I talk you through my signings, I just want to inform you of players we just missed out on during the window, or that we enquired about.
Ruben Dias - Benfica - Player was keen, club unwilling to shift on their £50 million valuation.

Florentino Luis - Similar situation, club unwilling to sell for any less than £30 million.

Laturo Martinez - Inter - Wanted to strike a loan deal, player and club keen to give him first team chance first

Bernard Mensah - Atletico Madrid - Deal almost completed, terms agreed £4.5 million, failed WP.

Tabith Chong - Man Utd unwilling to negotiate a permanent option, quite an ambitious attempt really.

This was a fairly frustrating start to the window, I was really keen to land one of the Benfica lads in this window, both have great qualities and are within our club transfer policy of young, exciting footballers.
I am a long term admirer of Laturo, he has all the attributes to be the ideal striker here at Wolves, I may revisit this the future.
Bernard Mensah was over in the Midlands, paperwork signed, deal agreed, pending WP. Unfortunately for us, his was denied despite a strong case for an appeal. He would have added real pace and quality in our side, gutted we could not strike a deal.

Signings made this window

Jorge Cuenca - Barcelona - Activated his £7.25 million release clause

1539445278541.jpg

Jorge has arrived on a 5 year deal here. He is a real talent with all the attributes to be a key centre half for us in the coming season. He is naturally very comfortable on the ball, as expected for a Barcelona youngster, and at the age of 19, i believe will be one to watch for the future. After signing for us, we have agreed with Girona over the loan for the season. I think it is going to be valuable experience for Jorge to be getting game time in La Liga before making the switch to the Premier league.I will be updating you on his progress with Girona throughout the season.

Mile Svilar - Benfica - £7 Million rising to £10 million if we qualify for the Europa League this season.

Mile+Svilar+SL+Benfica+v+Manchester+United+86rdCsIxH0sl.jpg

I made it my priority to bring in an exciting new goalkeeper this season, and I think i have hit the jackpot here. Mile is the Belgium u21's keeper, and has already participated in the Champions League, despite only being 18 years old! He provides us excellent competition for Rui, whilst also being one to watch in the coming years. Goalkeepers have saw their stock rise dramatically since the big money moves for the likes of Allison and Kepa, so for under 10 million, with the vast majority being paid over his 6 year contract in monthly instalments Only £3 million is paid upfront to Benfica.

Ferran Torres - Valencia - £10 million

valencia-s-ferran-torres-cleared-to-play-against-celtic__512783_.jpg

The highest transfer fee paid this season. The exciting starlet is one of the most promising world footballers since breaking onto the scene at Valencia last season. he possesses great pace and skill, and is part of the Spanish u21 squad. He is going to be a key player for me over the years, and i am keen to see his development. Torres signs a 5 year contract with a £105 million release clause.

Enes Unal - Villareal - £2.3 Million

IMG_20170819_065221.jpg

Enes Unal, a former Manchester City striker, was signed by Villarreal for £12 million only 2 years ago, but was transfer listed by request following a fall out with the manager. Unal, a turkish international is an absolute bargain for £2.3 million, and somebody who could prove to be a real piece of shrewd business. He signs on a 3 year contract with the club having an option to extend by a further year. He is also, only 21 years of age, and has already played over 100 senior games, the majority being in the Eredivisie and La Liga. Scoring 39 times in the process. Welcome to the Wolves, Enes.

Ademola Lookman - Full season Loan from RB Leipzig

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fdam%2Fimageserve%2F957640594%2F960x0.jpg%3Ffit%3Dscale

I am a long term admirer for Lookman. Pacey, exciting, clever, he has all the makings to be a massive addition to our squad. Since recently making the move to Germany, we were keen to discuss a potential deal for Lookman to continue his development in the EPL. Discussions went on for the majority of the window, before finally reaching an agreement for Ademola to sign here for the full duration of the campaign. Delighted to welcome Ademola on board, a player that adds quality and that 'something different' to our team.

Stefano Sensi - Season long loan from Inter Milan.

timthumb.php

Wow. Stefano is a player i rate very highly. Recently arrived at Inter Milan for a fee believed to be in the region of £25 million, not including the £4.5 million loan fee they paid to Sassuolo for him to arrive on loan before his permanent switch. Before signing for Inter, Sensi was being watched by like likes of Barcelona and Bayern Munich. He is an outstanding footballer and fits perfectly into our side. He can play either as a deep lying playmaker, or an advanced playmaker. He will be huge for us this season. We beat off stiff competition from Valencia, Roma and Lazio to secure Sensi for the season.

Exequiel Palacios - River Plate - £4 million

Arsenal-transfer-news-Exequiel-Palacios-1880500.jpg

What.A.Signing. Palacios is a fantastic talent, he had strong interest elsewhere, and we hijacked Napoli's deal to sign him within hours of the deadline day. He will be a massive part of my future plans here at Wolves, and is a world class talent. The fee is also extremely reasonable, River Plate were open to discuss a deal for Palacios as long as they had a 30% sell on fee, which I was happy to agree. Like Cuenca, Palacios departs immediately to Girona as he signed without a work permit. This loan will both help him get the work permit, but also be vital for his development. At only 19, I could not miss the opportunity to sign Palacios for that fee, he will have 5 years remaining on his contract once he returns from Girona next season.

Thomas Gaydu - Unattached - Free Transfer

thomas-leon-gaydu-of-fc-internazionale-milano-in-action-during-the-picture-id610732964

Finally, 19 year old Guadeloupe international Thomas Gaydu followed Stefano Sensi's from the San Siro to the Molineux. Gaydu has signed for us following a successful 2 month trial, and will join up with the u23's squad foe the forthcoming season. He signs a 2 year deal.

Players Departed during the transfer window

Jorge Cuenca - Girona - Season Long loan deal

Ezequiel Palacios - Girona - Season Long loan deal

Leo Bonatini - Gremio - Season Long loan deal with a view to make it a £6 million permanent switch

Roderick Miranda - Brentford - £300k

Michal Zyro - Legia - £600k

Romain Saiss - RB Slazburg - Season Long Loan deal with view to make it a £7.5 million permanent switch

A couple of youngsters also departed on loan

Pre Season results

969ef13d411e4ed0a7584ab2d143e136.jpg

China Pre season tour results

Wolves 5 - 0 Benfica - Cutrone x3, Neves, Coady

Wolves 3 - 0 RB Leipzig - Coady, Ennis, Cutrone

Wolves 3 - 0 Leeds - Ryan Giles, Elliott Watt, Diogo Jota

Wolves 2 - 1 Guangzhou - Boly, F.Torres

A fantastic time out in China, coming away with a 100% winning record. Scoring 13 goals and only conceding 1. We played against some really good sides, and expected to be much more challenged. We were fantastic in all games, it was also nice to see a lot of the youngsters getting game time and showing me we have a lot of youngsters that could be knocking on the door next season.

We then flew directly from China to Cadiz in Spain where we were to undertake a training camp. We also played against our affiliate club Jumilla and strolled home to an 7 - 1 victory against the Spanish 4th division side. This game saw Ashley-Seal (On loan from us) score Jumilla's goal.

Please let me know what you guys think so far, my next update will be my first competitive month in charge, with results from both our league games, and our Europa League qualifiers.

TELEMMGLPICT000185061489_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqYbHyc_BzkV-wGdElElElaEkamP_fWAQZmV2SbS74UVA.jpeg

Connor Coady keeps the armband with Ruben Neves as vice captain for the 2018/2019 season.​

Looking good so far mate! Love the detail, and some smart signings made in the 'Wolves model'.

All the best for the season ahead. Wolves are a great team to manage :)

The competitive start...

2559501_w1.jpg

Europa League

1st Round

1st leg: Gornik Zabrze 1 - 2 Wolves -
Diogo Jota, Ruben Neves

2nd leg: Wolves 2 - 0 Gornik Zabrze - Joao Moutinho, Adama Traore

An 'easy' fixture on paper, but certainly not the case. The polish first division side, with a stadium attendance of only 6000, Gornik proved a difficult side to beat at home. We kept chipping away and two moments of magic from our two Portuguese wonderkids gave us the victory in the end.
At home, we were much more fluid, and controlled the game very well from start to finish. A comfortable 2 - 0 victory.

2nd Round

1st leg: Basaksehir 0 - 1 Wolves - Stefano Sensi

2nd leg: Wolves 2 - 0 Basaksehir - Ademola Lookman, Niall Ennis

A tough fixture against a turkish side that had a striking partnership of Demba Ba and Robinho, which once upon a time, would have been deadly. We were again subject to a feisty atmosphere in Turkey, with almost the whole of the east stand lit with Pyro. Stefano Sensi scored our goal from a great move. The home tie was again much more comfortable, it could have been 4/5 realistically. Ademola Lookman was excellent, scoring and grabbing the assist for debutant Niall Ennis.

During these two opening Europa League qualifiers, we handed senior debuts to Elliott Watt, Niall Ennis, Ryan Giles and Taylor Perry.

3rd Round

1st leg: VFL Wolfsburg 1 - 2 Wolves -
Ademola Lookman, Diogo Jota

2nd leg: Wolves 2 - 2 Vfl Wolfsburg (AET) -
Ademola Lookman, Patrick Cutrone

The going just got much tougher in this competition. One of the toughest sides we could have faced at this stage of the competition. Wolfsburg have a lot of quality and much more European experience than us, but we played outstanding in both games, and massively deserved to qualify. The first leg, we went a goal down within 5 minutes, thanks to a wonder goal from Josip Brekolo. We then came out fighting in the second half, and turned the game on its head, Lookman with the first, Jota with a penalty to get a vital away win. The second leg was very tough, We found ourselves 2 - 1 down after 90 minutes. But Patrick Cutrone scored the winner in style on 114 minutes, rolling his marker before lofting the ball over the keeper.

Europa League Group Stages Announced

AS Roma
Celtic
Wolves
FC St. Gallen

A tough group, AS Roma and Celtic both have masses of European experience, mainly in the Champions League, so it will be a tough group for us. I am looking forward to testing ourselves. We start by welcoming Roma to the Molineux on the 20th September.

gettyimages-955258330-1024x703.jpg

English Premier League

Game 1

Wolves 2 - 0 Watford - Diogo Jota, Patrick Cutrone

Starting 11: Patricio, Vinagre, Coady (C) Boly, Doherty, Dendoncker, Neves, Sensi, Diogo Jota, Lookman, Cutrone (4-3-3)

A fantastic performance and result in our opening game of the 2018/2019 season. We played with great control, and created many goalscoring opportunities. A strong Watford team only managed 1 shot on target all game. A goal in either half sealed the win for the Wolves.

Aston Villa 1 - 2 Wolves -
Leander Dendoncker, Ruben Neves

Starting 11: Patricio, Vinagre, Coady (C) Boly, Doherty, Dendoncker, Neves, Sensi, Diogo Jota, Adama, Cutrone (4-3-3)

Another really strong performance for our boys. A visit to Villa Park was always going to be difficult, a local derby, and Villa's return to the EPL. Villa were smashed 4-0 to Bournemouth on the opening day, so we were full expecting a different animal on this game. We started very fast, with Dendoncker scoring a bullet header from a Diogo Jota corner. Just before the break, Wesley was brought down in the area, and Grealish scored the spot kick. The second half was all Wolves, and we finally got what we deserved when Ruben Neves picked the ball up on the half turn and struck a thunderbolt into the top corner from 25 yards out. A special player.

Liverpool 0 - 0 Wolves

Starting 11: Patricio, Jonny, Vallejo, Boly, Doherty, Coady (C) Dendoncker, Moutinho, Diogo Jota, Lookman, Jiminez (4-2-3-1)

A change in shape for the game away at Anfield. I changed to a more defensive 4-2-3-1 system, with Connor Coady and Leander Dendoncker sitting in front of the back 4. Liverpool, one of the best sides in the world, were unbeaten all last season at Anfield, so i knew we would have to change the system slightly to make it more difficult for them to break us down. It worked really well. Both sides had little opportunities to score, the best actually fell to ***** Boly who headed against the crossbar deep into the second half. Coady showed his versatility with a man of the match performance from holding midfield. Neves was rested, allowing Moutinho's comeback from injury. A fantastic result for us, still unbeaten, and showed that we have a plan B for different games.

Player of the month

conor_coady_of_wolverhampton_wanderers_celebrates_wolves_equalis_1105277.jpg

Talk about leading by example... Connor hasn't been substituted yet this season, and has been absolutely outstanding week in week out. He is versatile, comfortable on the ball, determined, and a real leader. i am very fortunate to have him here. His good form has recently resulted in being tipped for the next England squad.

Performance Review

I can't really complain can I? 8 games all crammed into one month, and we are yet to taste defeat. I am really proud of the lads, with some great results achieved. We have achieved our first goal, of reaching the group stages of the Europa league, and are currently sat on 7 points from a possible 9 in the league. A few players to mention, Ademola Lookman, he has been great, possesses great energy, lightening pace, and plays with confidence. This has been shown in his games, with 3 goals and 2 assists in 5 starts on his first month in the West Midlands.

Just a little teaser for you. We have just landed signing number 9 for the season, it is one for the future, as a 17 year old from Chievo has signed a pre-contract agreement to sign for us, as of 1st January. We beat off strong competition from Juventus as the player has a desire to play in the Premier League. he signs a 5 year deal and will join up with our u23's in January. His name will be revealed upon his arrival.

Please let me know your thoughts so far guys :) I'll be back next with results from September and October.

Last edited:
Solid enough start....a better transfer deal on exequiel palacios rather than the 35 million I paid for him lol

September and October results

EPL-Instagram-Article.png

English Premier League

Wolves 0 - 0 Everton

Starting 11: Patricio, Vinagre, Coady (C) Vallejo, Doherty, Neves, Sensi, Moutinho, Diogo Jota, Adama Traore, Jimenez
We welcomed Everton following our trip to Merseyside the weekend before. Everton had done their homework and it seemed they were very happy to come away with a draw. We had many chances to win, Everton didn't have a single shot on target for the full 90 minutes. One of those days.

​Wolves 3 - 0 Newcastle - Joao Moutinho, Diogo Jota, Patrick Cutrone

Starting 11:
Patricio, Vinagre, Coady (C) Vallejo, Doherty, Neves, Sensi, Moutinho, Diogo Jota, Lookman, Cutrone

Fantastic result. We looked far superior of Newcastle today, and comfortably dictated the game. A penalty from Joao Moutinho, Free-kick from Jota and fantastic header from Cutrone made it an excellent watch for supporters. At this stage, we are 5 games in, and still yet to be beaten.

Leicester 2 - 0 Wolves

Patricio, Vinagre, Coady (C) Boly, Jonny, Dendoncker, Sensi, Moutinho, Diogo Jota, Lookman, Cutrone

Until now... Leicester were very strong at home, and a James Maddison brace taught us a valuable lesson. Leicester controlled the game, and I expect them to be challenging for the Europa League spots this season. Despite Leicester's positives, we didn't really show up on the day.

Wolves 0 - 0 AS Roma (Europa League)

A draw against our group favourites. Roma are very lucky to be going home with a point on the board. We were given a standing ovation for penning Roma back pretty much all game. A disallowed goal, a couple of fantastic saves, and missed penalty pretty much sums up our day. A lot of positives.

Everton 1 - 0 Wolves (Carabao Cup)

A tough one to take, because on paper that 3 games without a win. But I do think this will be a blessing in disguise. We are playing an awful lot of games at them minute, and the Carabao Cup takes that pressure off the lads slightly. Taylor Perry, Niall Ennis, Elliot Watt and Ryan Giles all started this game, with Morgan Gibbs-White named captain. Very young squad out, didn't look out of place at Goodison Park.

Wolves 3 - 2 Chelsea -
Patrick Cutrone x2, Adama Traore

Patricio, Jonny, Coady (C) Vallejo, Doherty, Neves, Sensi, Moutinho, Diogo Jota, Adama, Cutrone

What better way to end the month? A fantastic win over a great Chelsea side. Cutrone is getting better week on week, and at the age of only 20, shows that a real talent he is. This game really set a statement out to the league, we aren't messing around.

Player of the Month

patrick_cutrone_of_wolverhampton_wanderers_during_the_uefa_europ_1295054.jpg

Our No.63. Patrick Cutrone. Really starting to show what he is capable of for us, possesses great energy, and has scored 3 times this month, two goals vitally coming against Chelsea. It is frightening that he is only 20! I am delighted to see him under contract for 5 years.

September Performance Review

I may be being slightly harsh here, but I am disappointed with our results this month. We managed to only win twice in September, where we played 6 games. A season has highs and lows, and i am still content with our start to the season. We are seeing some really good performances from Jota, Neves, Moutinho, Cutrone, who are all proving to be key members of the squad.

October Results

Celtic 1 - 2 Wolves (Europa League) -
Raul
Jimenez, Diogo Jota

A trip to Celtic Park, a club that value themselves as one of the best sides in the UK. I am delighted to have gone there and caused an upset. We handed a start to Taylor Perry, to make him one of the youngest players ever to play in Europe. He is a fantastic talent, and has been with the first team squad since taking both the u18's and u23's by storm.We were very good in this game, and were very comfortable. Celtic's goal came as a consolation when Gamboa headed home from a set piece in stoppage time.

Crystal Palace 0 - 2 Wolves -
Diogo Jota, Stefano Sensi

Patricio, Vinagre, Coady (C) Vallejo, Doherty, Neves, Sensi, Moutinho, Torres, Adama, Jimenez

A result I am really, really pleased with. Away against a side that have been in this league for many years now, they have a strong squad and a good mentality. We performed very well to best Palace. Sensi was excellent, collecting the MOM award. He scored the best goal of the game, a 20 yard drilled strike across the keeper into the bottom corner.

Wolves 2 - 0 Brighton -
Adama Traore, Ademola Lookman

Patricio, Jonny, Boly, Vallejo, Doherty, Neves (C), Sensi, Moutinho, Diogo Jota, Torres, Cutrone

A funny game this one. It look us 87 minutes to grab our first goal, both goalscorer came on with 15 minutes remaining, and proved to be decisive. I would have been disappointed to not pick up 3 points in this one, as Brighton sit rock bottom of the league.

Wolves 4 - 1 FC St. Gallen - Taylor Perry, Enes Unal x2, Adama Traore

Enes Unal has been struggling with fitness since signing, and has yet to feature for the first team until today. He was put straight into the starting XI and scored his first Wolves goal after just 3 minutes. He looked sharp all game, and really one to watch. Can he get himself in the first team more regularly? Taylor Perry also grabbed his first professional goal with a great strike into the roof of the net. Good win, was expected.

Manchester United 4 - 1 Wolves - Joao Moutinho

Patricio, Vinagre, Coady (C) Boly, Doherty, Dendoncker, Neves, Gibbs-White, Diogo Jota, Adama, Cutrone

A very difficult game, as we expected. Manchester United were ruthless after going 2-1 up. We equalised on the hour mark, and I really expected us to go on and give United a real game, but they regained the lead 5 minutes later, before adding 2 more in the final 10 minutes. Disappointing result, never happy to concede 4.

Player of the Month

adama_traore_of_wolverhampton_wanderers_during_the_premier_leagu_918590.jpg

Adama Traore is such an important member of my team. He gives 110% effort every game, and gives us such a threat going forward. Adama has been very good this month, not only because he found the net a couple of times, but also because of his overall performances. His average rating is high, and his morale is Superb, which rubs off on the rest of the players.

October Performance Review.

Much happier. Only 1 defeat this month, and some excellent results in the EPL. We are sat 4th place in the league, which I am delighted with. Even though it is early days, I am very excited with my side and what they have to offer. I have found out a couple of areas we need to work on, and have pinpointed them to our coaching staff. Positive vibes all round in the Wolves camp.
I'll be back next in January, with November and December's results, recruitment plans (if any) and also a look into how Jorge Cuenca and Ezequiel Palacios are getting on in La Liga.

Last edited:
January 1st 2019 - 1/2 season complete.

GettyImages-1133190864-eb0f1a9.jpg

Hi guys, I'm back, just landed in Lanzarote and can finally get you an update over! Apologies for the time taken to update you that are following.

November results

Wolves 1 - 0 Burnley
- Joao Moutinho

Starting 11: Patricio, Vinagre, Coady, Vallejo, Jonny, Neves, Moutinho, Sensi, Diogo Jota, Adama Traore, Cutrone

The thing I really love about our side, is our ability to bounce back following defeats. Last time out we were battered by a strong Manchester united side. But we avoided the rot again, by a pleasing 1-0 victory against Burnley, who are certainly no pushovers. A Joao Moutinho free kick was the different between the two sides. Pleasing 3 points.

Wolves 3 - 1 FC St Gallen - Taylor Perry, Adama Traore, OG

A good win. Delighted to see young Perry score again. Real prospect he is, has taken senior football in his stride, and has made the bench on numerous occasions in the Premier League. Good victory, this put us through to the knockout stages officially.

Bournemouth 1 - 0 Wolves

Starting 11: Patricio, Vinagre, Coady (C) Boly, Jonny, Dendoncker, Neves, Gibbs-White, Diogo Jota, Torres, Jiminez

I fielded quite a few changes for the trip to Bournemouth, mainly due to fatigue. I still was fully confident in the side that i started with. We were actually very good in this game. Good tempo, possession was high, but for me, didn't create enough chances to score. Draw was probably fair, but Bournemouth pipped it with 10 to go, Fraser scoring the hosts' goal.

Wolves 1 - 1 Manchester City -
Patrick Cutrone

Starting 11: Patricio, Vinagre, Coady (C) Boly, Buur, Neves, Moutinho, Sensi, Diogo Jota, Lookman, Cutrone

Very pleasing result. With the injuries to Matt Doherty and Jonny, we were forced to give an opportunity to young Oskar Buur. the young danish u21's international did himself no harm, actually picking up the MOM award for his outstanding delivery which created Cutrone's goal. The luck was on our side here as Sane missed a penalty in the 93rd minute, striking the crossbar and over. Anyone would be happy with a point against the champions right? Taylor Perry made his Premier League debut in this game, at 17 years of age. Coming on for the final 15 minutes.

AS Roma 1 - 2 Wolves -
Joao Moutinho

Roma showed their experience in European football in this tie. Controlled the game after going 1-0 up, and made it very difficult for us to get back into it. We scored late on, in what was very much a consolation goal. A lot of learning still to do for our young squad.

Player of the Month

perry.jpg

This young man deserves this award. Let me tell you why. Taylor Perry constantly gives the best rating for training sessions, ever since his first involvement in the first team squad back in September. He has now gone on to make his EPL debut, and scored 2 goals for the senior side in the Europa League. i am delighted with his progress and since rewarded him with a new 3 year contract, which extends by a further 2 years on his 18th birthday in August. One to watch.

November Performance Review

Another solid month for us. We have had some tough fixtures, with Man City and Roma back to back, but did not look out of place in either game. As expected, Spurs are finding their feet now, and putting solid pressure on us from behind. I am happy we are continuing to outgrow expectations. Long may it last.

Busy December - Results

Wolves 0 - 0 West Ham

Starting 11: Patricio, Vinagre, Coady, Boly, Buur, Dendoncker, Neves, Moutinho, Lookman, Torres, Cutrone

This game was just as you imaged, terribly tedious. West Ham came to us with a clear game plan. Stop us playing, and that they did, we really struggled to break the Hammers down, only having 3 shots, 2 on target all game. They had a similarly poor statistic of only 2 shots, 1 on target. This is something I need to address quickly, as we need to understand teams will come here and do exactly what West Ham have done, the more they find out what we are capable of.

Tottenham 0 - 2 Wolves -
Patrick Cutrone, Stefano Sensi

Starting 11: Patricio, Vinagre, Coady (C) Vallejo, Doherty, Neves, Sensi, Moutinho, Diogo Jota, Adama Traore, Cutrone

Live on Sky Sports, we absolutely destroyed Tottenham on their own back yard. This game honestly could have been double the scoreline. I gave the lads a very passionate team talk before the game, and they reacted excellently, with Cutrone finding himself 1 v 1 with Gazzinga inside the opening minute. He doesn't miss those chances, 1 - 0. We then went on to dominate Spurs, with their only real chances falling to Harry Kane twice from a corner, his 2 shots were saved by Patricio. Sensi then went on to magically juggle the ball around a crowd of players before striking low into the bottom corner. He is proving to be a shrewd loan signing. Delighted with this win.

Norwich 0 - 1 Wolves - Jimenez

Starting 11: Svilar, Vinagre, Vallejo, Boly, Buur, Dendoncker, Moutinho (C), Perry, Lookman, Torres, Cutrone

Wholesale changes to the starting XI as we travelled to struggling Norwich, sat 20th in the Premier League. I introduced Mile Svilar to the Premier League, who has been our goalkeeper for European games. I also gave last months Player of the Month Taylor Perry his first Premier League start. Moutinho took the armband as both Connor Coady and Ruben Neves were absent from the match day squad. A good win, it came late on, from substitute Raul Jimenez. A cracking header from a Ferran Torres delivery on 78 minutes. Another 3 points. Very happy.

Wolves 5 - 0 Celtic - Patrick Cutrone x2, Diogo Jota x2, Matt Doherty

Further starts for Svilar, Taylor Perry and Ferran Torres, who all proved vital in the demolition of Scottish Champions Celtic. We had way too much enthusiasm, skill and ability for Celtic, and sent them back to Scotland with a thumping. I am delighted to have qualified for the knockout stages this season, something we should be extremely proud of.

Wolves 0 - 2 Arsenal

Starting 11: Patricio, Vinagre, Coady (C) Boly, Doherty, Neves, Moutinho, Sensi, Diogo Jota, Torres, Cutrone
Credit where it is due, absolutely outclassed. A Dani Ceballos masterclass performance. Arsenal taught us a real lesson on our own back yard, playing a style very much similar to ours. I didn't expect much coming into the game with Arsenal being in fine form, and of course being one of the biggest clubs in English football. I would kill for Dani Ceballos in my side!!

Watford 1 - 1 Wolves -
Cutrone

Starting 11: Patricio, Jonny, Coady (C) Vallejo, Doherty, Dendoncker, Neves, Moutinho, Lookman, Adama Traore, Jiminez

A late equaliser for substitute Cutrone sealed a hard fought draw against a good Watford side. They lead for the majority of the game, and the more likely to double their lead. Fortunately we changed the shape slightly to bringing Cutrone on alongside Jimenez, and our talisman grabbed the vital equaliser.

Wolves 2 - 0 Sheffield United - Coady, Jimenez

Starting 11: Patricio, Vinagre, Coady (C) Boly, Jonny, Neves, Dendoncker, Sensi, Lookman, Torres, Cutrone

Strong performance, another 3 points. Sheffield United, like Norwich, look likely to return to the Championship, so I was glad we were resolute enough to secure the victory at home.

Southampton 1 - 1 Wolves - Dendoncker

Starting 11: Patricio, Jonny, Vallejo, Dendoncker, Doherty, Neves (C), Moutinho, Sensi, Lookman, Torres, Jimenez

A tough result to take, thought we were really poor on the south coast. Very lucky to ****** a point. Dendoncker slotted into the CB role with Coady being rested, and ***** Boly suffered from concussion in training following a clash of heads with youngster Dion Sanderson (Also missed u23's game). We barely created anything, and a lapse of concentration from the Southampton backline allowed Dendoncker a feee header with 10 to go. At this point, I shut up shop, and defended the point.

Player of the Month

2a0d6785-000_1ce2la.jpg

Fans favourite Diogo Jota has been a star man for me all season. but particularly this month, i can always rely on him to pull something out of the bag. He was unstoppable against Celtic, 2 goals, 2 assists. He absolutely ran the show. What a player we have here. I'm slightly concerned though, as Bayern Munich and Valencia are believed to be monitoring his progress.

December Performance review

For me, and i've always said it, the most difficult month in the season. We have had 8 tough games all crammed in, and around the Christmas hype too. We have had a fantastic month, and approach the halfway point in the season sat in 5th place in the Premier League. I am really happy with how things are going.

og-default-1024x538.jpg

The first round knockouts have been drawn, and today we have found out that we face Spanish side Valencia. A very tough test for us, but one I am very optimistic about. We go into the game as huge underdogs with no pressure. Lets show them that we are no pushovers! The first leg is to be played at home on the 14th February.

January transfer Plans

5c62da88dd11b.jpeg

Work Permit request granted. Ezequiel Palacios, the £4 million summer signing can now return to Wolves following a successful stint in Spain with Girona.

I have decided to exercise my option to recall Palacios. as of December 31st 2018, he was granted a work permit, which is fantastic news. He is a huge talent, with unreal potential. So I am delighted to welcome him to Wolves and get him settled in England.

I am not ruling out any incomings in this window, but I believe Ezequiel joining up with the squad will be the best piece of business we are likely to make. unless we can strike another loan deal in a similar situation to Ademola Lookman or Stefano Sensi.

Sorry its a long one guys, thanks very much for following. Loving this career, be back soon with how we get on in the January window, and all results up until the end of February.

Last edited:
Entering the business half of the season...

165012893_3002246463001_SkySportsTransferCentreZoomed.jpg

With January complete, I am delighted to announce we have landed 2 players this window, along with the return of Ezequiel Palacios from his loan spell with Girona.

Emmanuel Vignato - Chievo - 975k compensation.

Emanuel-Vignato.jpg

Emmanuel Vignato, another youngster has signed for us. At only 17 years of age, he turned down professional contracts at his former club Chievo, as well as other European clubs such as AC Milan, PSG, Dortmund, Napoli. We actually sealed this deal back in September. But Vignato remained with Chievo until he joined up with our u23's on the 1st January.
He is tipped for big things, and he has signed a 3 year deal, but this will be extended on his 18th birthday to 5 years. Delighted to welcome him.

Carles Alena - Barcelona - Season long loan

6fead18376c615b0cd282558b7740045.jpg

I am delighted to add some extra quality to our midfield area with Carles Alena signing for us on a Season Long Loan Deal. He is, of course, extremely talented, and has great technical qualities. With only 11 substitute appearances and 1 start for Barcelona, they were very happy to allow him to join us on loan. He brings in extra competition to an already competitive midfield.

Outgoings

Ryan Bennett - Sheffield United - £1.5 million
Oskar Buur - Fleetwood Town - Season Long Loan (& new contract)
Leo Bonatini - Eibar - Season Long Loan
Niall Ennis - Wycombe - Season Long Loan (& new contract)

Quite a lot of outgoings this January. Ryan has been playing with the 23's, so it was his and our priority to move him on this window. he turned down moves to Nottingham Forest and Cardiff in order to move to the Premier League newcomers. Oskar Buur and Niall Ennis are highly regarding here, and both signed long term new deals, before departing to League 1, for some vital first team football. Gremio exercised an option in Leo Bonatini's loan contract to terminate his loan in January. He hasn't shown enough during his loan spell to get an opportunity in our squad, so moves out to Spain with Eibar, who also have the option to purchase Leo for £5 million.

We also had a £25 million bid for Matt Doherty, and a £19 million bid for ***** Boly this window. From West Ham and Vitesse Kobe. I quickly rejected both. I have no interest in selling any of our first team players for anything other than 'silly money.'

We made loan bids for Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Kieran Tierney this window. Wan-Bissaka unfortunately failed a medical, and Tierney decided against leaving on loan, despite Arsenal's wishes. he actually made a deadline day move back to Celtic on loan, which surprised me.

Loan Watch

Jorge Cuenca
Jorge, who is currently with Girona in La Liga, is performing very well in their starting XI. He has 29 appearances so far, 28 being starts. An average match rating of 7.02, grabbing 3 assists and 1 goal in the process. I am looking forward to welcoming him back in pre season, but at only the age of 19, i am not ruling out allowing him to continue his development abroad next season.

Romain Saiss
Romain has been fantastic for RB Slazburg this season. He has 18 starts to his name, 7 substitute appearances, but has contributed with 7 assists and 4 goals, with an overall match rating of 7.37. If the Austrian decline to make his move permanent, I may have a look at him in pre season.

Helder Costa & Ivan Cavaleiro
Two huge players for Wolves in their promotion campaign. Helder Costa (Leeds) and Ivan Cavaleiro (Fulham) have both been putting on a real show in the Championship. Cavaleiro has scored 12 times, and also contributed to 8 assists, while Helder Costa has scored 6 times with 4 assists. Both are first team regulars at their current clubs, but i doubt they will pay the £15 million permanent fee that is in their contract. Despite their good form, I don't believe either have much more to offer Wolves as we look to push on next season, so they are likely to be made surplus to requirements in the summer.

In other news, I am delighted to welcome u23's manager Rob Edwards to the first team set up as a coach. His role has been taken up by former Brighton duo Liam Rosenior and Leigh Bromley. Both very talented young, english coaches. Ian Cathro departed for an Assistant managers position at Hearts, and Julio Ferriera becomes Assistant manager at Nuno's new club, Rio Ave.

January Results

Wolves 1 - 0 Aston Villa - Matt Doherty

Starting 11: Patricio, Vinagre, Coady (C) Vallejo, Doherty, Neves, Gibbs-White, Sensi, Lookman, Torres, Cutrone

Nice win. Villa always tough, local derby makes in a cracking atmosphere. Well deserved victory, we looked very classy and controlled the tempo of the game well.

QPR 1 - 5 Wolves (FA CUP) - Perry, Gibbs-White x2, Jimenez x2
A lovely start to the FA Cup. Beating a very weak QPR side comfortably. Our starting 11 included 3 academy graduates, 2 of which got themselves on the scoresheet. Nice to see Jimenez grab a brace too, after a disappointing campaign for him so far.

Wolves 0 - 3 Liverpool

Starting 11: Patricio, Jonny, Coady (C) Dendoncker, Doherty, Neves, Moutinho, Alena, Lookman, Adama Traore, Cutrone

I have to take my hat off to Liverpool. Top of the league so far this season, and still in the CL, FA Cup, and Carabao Cup. They were outstanding against us, and grabbed a well deserved 3 - 0 win. Their infamous fromt 3 grabbing the goals. Not much more to say on this one.

Everton 0 - 1 Wolves - Diogo Jota

Starting 11: Patricio, Vinagre, Coady (C) Boly, Jonny, Neves, Sensi, Moutinho, Torres, Adama Traore, Jimenez

Diogo Jota grabbed the decider on his return from injury, and what a stunning goal it was, he picked the ball up in his own half, beat 2 players, played a sharp 1-2 with Jimenez, and lofted the committed keeper. Outstanding stuff. Other than that, not much in the game. Delighted to take home the 3 points against a good side.

Wolves 3 - 1 Birmingham (FA CUP) - Cutrone, Diogo Jota, Moutinho

Lovely win!! We drew bitter rivals Birmingham in the 4th round of the FA Cup, and gave the most hated side in the West Midlands a good hiding. An intense atmosphere was on show, but we quickly silenced the travelling supporters when Cutrone put us ahead after 4 minutes. A feisty affair, Birmingham were reduced to 9 men by the end of the 9 minutes. Ruben Neves was also sent off during the match. We, and Birmingham were fined by the FA over the players discipline.

Newcastle 1 - 1 Wolves - OG

Starting 11: Patricio, Vinagre, Coady (C) Boly, Doherty, Neves, Moutinho, Alena, Diogo Jota, Adama Traore, Cutrone
Good game of football, two sides that could have easily won on another day. Probably a fair result, if anything, lucky to come away with a point, a huge mistake by Jamal Lascelles with a terrible pass-back to our keeper resorted to the ball crossing the line.

Player of the month

matt_doherty_of_wolverhampton_wanderers_runs_with_the_ball_durin_1096686.jpg

West Ham target Matt Doherty was excellent this month, as he has been all season. Taken that RB spot in our side, and contributes regularly with goals and assists. He has made turning down that £25 million West Ham bid in January all the worth it this month!

January Performance Review

Another good month. Only 1 defeat, which came to the league leaders Liverpool. We got some excellent results this month, and maintain a very difficult side to beat. I am also happy with the business done this month. Boly and Doherty remained Wolves players, Alena made his move over on loan. Slightly disappointed about the Wan-Bissaka / Tierney saga. Would have liked to have further strengthened the LB department.

February Results

Wolves 1 - 1 Leicester -
Cutrone

Starting 11: Patricio, Jonny, Coady, Vallejo, Doherty, Neves, Alena, Sensi, Lookman, Torres, Cutrone

We can count ourelves very thankful for Rui Patricio this game. He saved a 93rd minute Jamie Vardy penalty, and his rebound!! to keep the scores level for full time. Wake up call was needed. Cutrone back on the score sheet though, tapping in the rebound from a Ferran Torres long range drive.

Chelsea 0 - 1 Wolves -
Jonny

Starting 11: Patricio, Jonny, Coady, Vallejo, Doherty, Dendoncker, Sensi, Moutinho, Torres, Jota, Cutrone

We've done the double over the blues! Chelsea have had the worst Premier League campaign so far for over 20 years, and find themselves 14th in the league. 20 points behind us in 5th. Frank Lampard and co are under serious pressure to keep their jobs. Funnily enough, Rio Ave boss, and former Wolves boss: Nuno Santo is reported to take over at Stamford Bridge. A great win, and a cracking solo strike to go with it.

Wolves 1 - 1 Valencia (Europa League) - Adama Traore

Starting 11: Svilar, Vinagre, Vallejo, Boly, Coady, Neves, Moutinho, Torres, Adama Traore, Diogo Jota

Well respected draw. Valencia are obviously a very good side, amongst the best we have faced all season judged on the game. So i was ecstatic at our performance. We snatched a vital late equaliser through Adama Traore. Ferran Torres with a man of the match display against his former club.

Liverpool 3 - 2 Wolves (FA CUP) - Ezequiel Palacios, Ferran Torres

Starting 11: Svillar, Vinagre, Dendoncker, Vallejo, Doherty, Neves (C), Palacios, Gibbs-White, Torres, Alena, Cutrone

A little fact for you. Our starting 11 in this game had an average age of only 21. That is something I am really proud of. We have heavily invested in youth both internally and externally, and for our first team to remain competitive whilst fielding such a young side is a huge bonus. We were just pipped too a replay in this one, Ezequiel Palacios got his first start, after catching up on fitness since returning from Girona, he also grabbed a lovely goal, showing real promising signs. Ferran Torres was superb again, scoring a free kick, and assisting Palacios' goal. We lead 2-1 at the break, but Liverpool brought on Keita, Mane and Salah at the hour mark, and then completed the comeback. our bench included Dion Sanderson, a 18 year old academy graduate, making the senior squad for the first time.

Valencia 2 - 1 Wolves AET (Europa League) - Moutinho

Starting 11: Svillar, Vinagre, Coady (C) Boly, Doherty, Neves, Palacios, Moutinho, Torres, Adama Traore, Diogo Jota

Gutted. We held Valencia for so long, both scoring in the first 20 minutes to equal the tie on aggregate. In the 117th minute, ***** Boly brought down Guedes in the box and received a straight red card for a professional foul. Svillar then SAVED the penalty, but they managed to score from the resulting corner moments later. Real tough one to swallow. Time to focus solely on the league. Svilar really shoeing his potential, remember, he is only 19...

Wolves 2 - 0 Crystal Palace - Jimenez, Diogo Jota

Starting 11:patricio, Jonny, Coady (C), Vallejo, Doherty, Gibbs-White, Moutinho, Sensi, Alena, Diogo Jota, Jimenez

With Cutrone out of form recently, Jimenez was gifted the golden opportunity to step up, and that he did, winning and scoring the penalty to put us a goal ahead 20 minutes from time. Jota then sealed the deal in stoppage time.

Player of the Month

Barcelona-Real-Madrid-Transfer-News-Ferran-Torres-Valencia-906183.jpg

A real breakthrough in terms of his development for this young man. Signed for a fairly large transfer fee in the summer, but has shown glimpses of his potential all season. This month he grabbed 2 MOM awards, 2 goals, and 2 assists. At only 19 years of age, he is going to be a real player for us. We turned down a loan deal from Real Sociedad in January, one I was very tempted to consider. I'm glad I decided to keep him at Wolves. Great month for the young man.

February Performance Review

Pleased, proud, excited, to name a few words of how i am feeling this month. An excellent showing all month, especially in the two games against Valencia. Despite being knocked out, we were superb. We are really coming on more and more. We are currently sat in 5th place in the Premier League, but likely to be passed by Spurs in 6th, who have 2 games in hand over us and are 2 points behind. We are on course to qualify for Europa League football again next season, which really would be an amazing season.

Other News

Getafe_logo.png

Board Return with affiliation verdict.

Back in December, I requested for our board to make a new partnership with a club overseas, where we can send exciting players on loan, and vice versa. After considerable negotiation with clubs in Spain, italy and Portugal, they have sealed the deal with Getafe CF of La liga, Spain. They are really struggling this season, and sit one place, and 2 points outside the drop zone. They are currently in debt, so the affiliation with Wolves, will, I'm sure, be massively beneficial to them in the future years to come. I have already discussed the possibility of sending Jorge Cuenca, Ezequiel Palacios, Rafa Mir, and even Ferran Torres there next season, and have taken a look at their star man Amath N'Diaye.

Exciting Times!!

First Season Complete: European football is back

skysports-wolverhampton-wanderers_4692370.jpg

Last 10 games of the season results

Wolves 0 - 0 Manchester United

Starting 11: Patricio, Jonny, Coady (C) Boly, Doherty, Dendoncker, Neves, Alena, Traore, Torres, Cutrone

This game shown how capable we are of competing with the big sides in this league. We couldn't quite grab the 3 points, but kept Man Utd at bay for 90 minutes, with no clear cut chances.

Burnley 1 - 0 Wolves

Starting 11: Patricio, Jonny, Coady (C) Vallejo, Doherty, Dendoncker, Moutinho, Palacios, Traore, Lookman, Cutrone

Very out of character performance from us. We were really poor. Ruben Neves was dismissed with 15 minutes to go, which was the cherry on top really, to a disappointing day. Really missed Diogo Jota today, who was ruled out with a calf strain.

Wolves 1 - 0 Bournemouth - Ruben Neves

Starting 11: Patricio, Vinagre, Boly, Vallejo, Doherty, Neves, Sensi, Moutinho, Diogo Jota, Torres, Jimenez

Better from us, but still feel we are slightly out of form. It took us 82 minutes to grab the goal, which came thanks to a wonder strike from vice captain Ruben Neves. Good to have him back.

Manchester City 2 - 2 Wolves -
Diogo Jota, Cutrone

Starting 11: Patricio, Vinagre, Vallejo, Boly, Doherty, Neves (C) Moutinho, Palacios, Diogo Jota, Lookman, Cutrone

Excellent result for us. We actually should have won. Went into the break 2 - 0 up against the champions, but an Aguero double got them level pretty quickly in the second half. Vallejo had a header disallowed for 'pushing' with 2 minute remaining. I was furious over this decision, and will serve a touchline ban for our next game as a result of my comments after the match.

Wolves 2 - 4 Norwich - Diogo Jota, Cutrone

Starting 11: Patricio, Jonny, Coady (C) Boly, Doherty, Taylor Perry, Sensi, Alena, Torres, Adama Traore, Jimenez

Perhaps my fault for this. We found ourselves 4 - 0 down at half time to Norwich. I fielded quite a few changes, to help with fatigue for the final 5 games, but this didn't go to plan at all. I was forced to make 3 changes at half time, bringing Patrick Cutrone, Diogo Jota and Jesus Vallejo on. We were much better second half, but the damage was already done. Really disappointing.

West Ham 0 - 0 Wolves

Starting 11: Patricio, Vinagre, Vallejo, Boly, Jonny, Neves (C) Moutinho, Palacios, Diogo Jota, Adama Traore, Cutrone

Bore draw.

Wolves 3 - 1 Tottenham - Adama Traore, Patrick Cutrone, Ruben Neves

Starting 11: Patricio, Vinagre, Boly, Vallejo, Doherty, Neves (C) Moutinho, Sensi, Diogo Jota, Torres, Cutrone

Fantastic win for us. Spurs were 1 point ahead with 2 games in hand, but this really closes the gap for 5th place. We were excellent which was vital after recent poor form.

Arsenal 0 - 0 Wolves

Starting 11: Patricio, Vinagre, Vallejo, Coady (C) Doherty, Dendoncker, Neves, Moutinho, Diogo Jota, Adama Traore, Cutrone

I'll take that! A cracking result away at Arsenal. They sit 3rd in the league, and battered us in the reverse fixture. I am delighted to come away with a point. Superb show from Rui Patricio, another clean sheet, and another penalty saved. Vital player for us, unsung hero.

Wolves 2 - 0 Southampton - Ruben Neves, Jesus Vallejo

Starting 11: Svilar, Vinagre, Vallejo, Sanderson, Jonny, Neves (C), Watt, Palacios, Torres, Lookman, Cutrone

A game against an already doomed Southampton. This victory for us, meant their 24th Premier League game without a win. they have been 20th in the Premier League since November. A really shocking season for Southampton. We fielded Premier League debuts to Mile Svilar, Dion Sanderson, and Elliott Watt. Dion and Elliot have the highest rating in the u23's side, and have both been training with the first team over the last 4/5 months. Didn't look out of place. This win also meant Europa league football was secured for the 2019/2020 season.

Sheffield United 1 - 2 Wolves - Cutrone, Diogo Jota

Starting 11: Patricio, Vinagre, Coady (C) Dendoncker, Doherty, Neves, Moutinho, Sensi, Diogo Jota, Torres, Cutrone

Sad day for Sheffield united supporters, as they turned out to see their side drop back down to the Championship via goal difference on the final day of the season. I wanted to ensure we took good form into next season and ended on high. Good performance from our boys.

wolverhampton-wanderers-v-liverpool-emirates-fa-cup-third-round-molineux-12-390x285.jpg

2018/2019 SEASON FINISHED

Premier League Table

Liverpool
Manchester City
Arsenal
Manchester United
Tottenham
Wolves
Watford
Chelsea
Everton
Bournemouth
West Ham
Leicester
Norwich
Burnley
Crystal Palace
Brighton
Newcastle
Sheffield United R
Aston Villa R
Southampton R

Summary

Well I am absolutely delighted to have secured European football again next season. I really did not expect such a successful first season, but remain very much focused on next season. We have had some outstanding performances this season, and the squad togetherness is excellent.

Player Awards

Fans Player of the year (68% of votes) - RUBEN NEVES

ruben-neves-wolverhampton-wanderers.jpg

What a season for our sensational midfielder. He has taken the Premier League in his stride the last 2 seasons, and has got what it takes to play at the very top already. he featured 43 times this season. Only Rui Patricio made more appearances (48) To say Ruben picked up 2 red cards, that is an outstanding total. He also contributed with 7 goals, and 7 assists.

Young Player of the Season - Ruben Vinagre (79% of votes)

16508996-7286587-image-a-22_1564087734757.jpg

Absolutely love this player. Ruben Vinagre was superb this season for us, playing mostly at left back, he offers great pace, dynamic runs forward, quality on the ball, and fierce determination. he is only 19, and picked up almost 80% of the votes!! It is important to note that Vinagre also won the award for 'Portuguese u21 player of the year' for 2018. Ruben made 30 starts, grabbed 8 assists and scored 1 goal.

Managers Player of the season - Jesus Vallejo

jesus_vallejo_front_of_real_madrid_celebrates_after_scoring_a_go_1280608.jpg

Jesus really does deserve this award. He has been superb for me this season on loan from Real Madrid. He has the highest average rating in the team, slightly beating Ruben Neves with 7.29. he is a ball playing CB and has excellent ability. Real Madrid are keen to allow Vallejo back next season on loan, but i am looking at bringing Jesus back permanently.

Top Goalscorer Award - Patrick Cutrone

new_wolverhampton_wanderers_signing_patrick_cutrone_is_unveiled__1284138.jpg

With 16 Premier League goals, Patrick Cutrone finishes as our Top Goalscorer for the 2018/2019 season. His first season in England, he will be delighted to have picked up this award. At the age of 21, he has a huge future ahead of him.

Golden Glove - Rui Patricio (Wolves)

TELEMMGLPICT000176299411_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqIN6aNUgAQsMTFa8UXGlndqCd4T-Yzsr19q9uADGLSV4.jpeg

I am delighted to announce our keeper Rui Patricio was awarded Golden Glove for the season. (most clean sheets) Rui managed to keep 22 clean sheets in the league this season, whilst also saving 4 penalties in the process. (Conceding 1)
An outstanding season for our first choice keeper.

Manager of the season - Travis Comery (Wolves)

I am delighted to have on the Premier league manager of the season award in my first season at Wolves. I didn't pick up any manager of the month awards, so was pretty surprised to have been presented with the award. I also picked up a lovely new 3 year deal in the process.

Board Set Initial Budgets

'The Wolves board are delighted with your performance this season and therefore provide a transfer budget of £70 million to spend.'

A huge budget for me to work with. it really shows the ambition of Jeff Chi and the Wolves board of directors.

Summer Recruitment Plans

First priority will be to strike a deal for Jesus Vallejo to return, ideally we can reach an agreement with Real Madrid to make his move permenant, but failing that, i would be happy to see him back her next season on loan.

We have a job on our hands this summer, as we must replace Stefano Sensi and Ademola Lookman. Two players that have been vital this season. Especially Sensi who finished with the most assists (10) and the highest pass completion. Inter Milan and reluctant to see Sensi depart, and swiftly rebuffed my enquiry. Lookman is exciting, and causes defenders a nightmare. He will also need replacing.

I will be looking to bring in 5/6 players next season, and see 7/8 depart (including departing loanee's) I have targets in mind, one specifically is a player that our chief scout has been monitoring since December last year. A striker, very talented.

Thanks so much for following this season guys. I will be back once the fixtures are announced and give you an update before Pre Season starts.

14728354-7133567-image-a-8_1560405641105.jpg

Great first season mate, and loving the detail in this. Looking forward to seeing who you recruit!

Really appreciate that mate, very interesting window. Some huge signings made, which i can't believe I've managed to sign! next post will be interesting

Squads are in... Extremely busy window for Wolves

skysportstransfercentrezo-transfer-centre-january_3060639.jpg

The transfer window has slammed shut, and we have finalised our squad for the forthcoming season. There has been a lot of movement, both incomings and outgoings. I didn't necessarily want to do this much this summer, but things things happen in football, and sometimes the last thing you expect to happen, happens...

We completed the window with 10 new, very exciting signings...

Outgoings

Diogo Jota - Arsenal - £60 million, will rise to £70 million if Arsenal win the a domestic trophy this season.

Dont get me wrong, I am absolutely gutted to see the back of Diogo Jota. A fans favourite here, and a massive talent. But i felt the he transfer fee was too hard to turn down. I did stall on the decision, but Diogo Jota handed in a transfer request tp push through to move, so this, of course, twisted my hand. A very good player, but a huge fee.

Jonny Otto - Leicester City - £30 million

Another excellent player, and a tough call to allow to leave. This one was very difficult because Jonny offered us valuable versatility across the back line. But again, for an upfront fee of £30 million pounds, this was hard to refuse.

Ivan Cavaleiro - West Ham - £9 million

No brainer, wanted to allow him to leave, free up room to bring in new players. Good business in my opinion.

Raul Jimenez - Fiorentina - £7.5 million

Raul simply wasn't good enough last season, and fora player sat on 60k per week, I cannot tolerate the lack of action from a striker. We purchased a striker at the very start of the new season, so i was happy to offload Raul.

Leo Bonatini - Part Exchange *New Striker* See below...

Romain Saiss, Rafa Mir, Enes Unal, and Helder Costa all join affiliate club Getafe on loan for the season.

New Signings

Signing Number 1: Pedro - Fluminese - £14.5 million, rising to £21 million.

1_dj_fluxchape_26052018_4__3_-6845537.jpg

I am absolutely delighted to welcome Pedro to the club. He is a fine striker, one that i have tracked since December last season. Pedro scored 31 goals in all competitions last season for Brazilian side Fluminese, and has been touted as the new 'Ronaldo' in his home country. He is only 21, frightening pace, power and strength, and also possesses great finishing. He signs a 6 year contract here and will be a huge part of my plans moving forward. I am delighted to have acted quickly as Atletico Madrid and Napoli were tracking Pedro last season alongside us. As part of the deal for Pedro, Leo Bonatini returns to Brazil permanently.

Signing 2: Kieran Trippier - Atletico Madrid - £11 million

_107920092_hi055355715.jpg

I am delighted to welcome Kieran back to the Premier League. He fills a void left by Jonny, who departed for Leicester. I feel I have a real bargain here, as Trippier is very well know to be one of the best full backs in England, and will certainly add to the already talented squad we have. Trippier sings for an upfront fee of £11 million, for a 4 year contract.

Domingos Quina - Watford - £3.5 million, rising to £7 million after international appearances.

2018-12-16_spo_46572618_I1.JPG

Bags of potential. Quina was transfer listed by request at Watford. So we tested the water pretty quickly to persuade him to join the revelation here at Wolves. It didn't take much persuading, Watford accepted a cut price £3.5 million initially, which rises to £7 million after his first 5 international appearances. In modern day football, this is a another bargain. Quina is only 19 years old, but has massive potential.

Riqui Puig - Barcelona - Activated £3.3 million release clause.

15655663223570.jpg

Another real good piece of business. I noticed Puig had a release clause at only £3.3 million last season when i snapped up Jorge Cuenca from Barcelona, but he was unwilling to join at the time. This time round, he jumped at the chance. He actually turned down a new deal at Barcelona to sign here. He has signed a 5 year deal with a release clause set in his contract at £60 million pounds. Puig is also only 19.

BIG ONE: Joao Felix - Atletico Madrid - Season long loan (Ln Fee £9 million)

joao-felix-759.jpg

Atletico Madrid's record signing found it very difficult adapting to the 'high life' in Madrid last season. So after weeks and weeks of negotiation, we decided to pay the £9 million fee for Joao to arrive on loan for the season. He is no doubt one of the biggest football talents in the world, and i am over the moon with his arrival. He is a perfect replacement for Diogo Jota short term, and will be a huge asset for me this season. The loan fee is spread out monthly, and may rise based on appearances. Felix is also only 19, and fits our criteria of players, which is why he decided to join Wolves.

Dani Alves - Sao Paulo - Loan until January (Brazil off season)

as2.jpg

On paper, the most successful footballer of all time. Dani Alves is nothing short of a legend. He has expressed his desire to try one more challenge before retiring at the end of Sao Paulo's season, which starts in January. He adds obvious quality, but also a wealth of experience, which I believe to be vital. His move has also generated huge sponsorship, and we are likely to recoup the costs back in kit sales. We will take over 100% of his wages of £33k per week during his time here.

Tabith Chong - Manchester United - Season long loan

1_GettyImages-1147118726.jpg

The championship young player of the season 2018/2019, Tabith Chong has joined on a season long loan, coming in to replace Ademola Lookman. Very similarly to Lookman, Chong is exciting, direct, and extremely talented. He comes in following an outstanding season in the championship, scoring 14 and grabbing 12 assists whilst on loan at Huddlesfield.

Ryan Sessengon - PSG - Season long loan

ryan_sessegnon_of_fulham_looks_dejected_after_his_team_concede_a_1187907.jpg

Everyone knows about this young man. Ryan Sessengon made the £10 million move to PSG at the start of the 2018/2019 season, but spent last season on loan with Fulham. He was made available for loan again after Thomas Tuchel decided he wasn't ready for PSG. We acted swiftly to bring Ryan in, he brings great versatility.

Marcos Llorente - Atletico Madrid - £5.5 Million

_107473160_llorente.jpg

Personally, by best piece of business all window. The third player joining from Atletico Madrid this season, Marcos really struggled to adjust to new surroundings since his move from bitter rivals Real Madrid. The Spanish international joins for a cut price deal of £5.5 million. Atletico will be due 35% of the profit made in his next move. But Marcos signs a 5 year deal here, with the option for us to further extend his stay by 2 years.

WOLVES BREAK THEIR TRANSFER RECORD FEE

Giovani Lo Celso - Real Betis - Activated £27.5 million release clause

giovani.jpg

Argentina international, and Real Betis star man Giovani Lo Celso had a clause in his contract which allowed No domestic clubs to activate a release clause of £27.5 miiilon. This was made apparent to me by my chief scout of deadline day, and with plenty in the bank, I acted quick to secure his move. He has tremendous potential and I am delighted we managed to persuade him to join us on a 5 year contract. He breaks Wolves record fee of £18 million for Jonny Otto in 2018.

Jesus Vallejo, as i mentioned, also rejoins on loan, but we have an option to make this move permanent at the end of the season.

I am absolutely buzzing with my business this window. We have spent just shy of £80 million pounds this summer. But with the initial budget of £70 million, and then the £115 million made in monies from the outgoings, we were comfortably able to purchase some excellent players during this window.

We rejected the following approaches:

Mile Svilar - Chelsea £15 million REJECTED

Ruben Neves - Bayern Munich £45 million REJECTED

***** Boly - Villareal £17 million REJECTED

Patrick Cutrone - Napoli £19 million REJECTED

We missed out on the following transfer targets:

James Rodriguez - Real Madrid - Loan (Player Rejected)

Gedson Fernandes - Joined Liverpool

Arthur - Barcelona - Loan Joined PSG

Alex Grimaldo - Benfica - Joined PSG

Everton - Gremio - Player demanded too much money, later joined Liverpool

Laturo Martinez - Inter - Loan (Player failed WP)GuttedI think we have really strengthened this window, and shown we mean business for the upcoming campaign, despite missing out on some high profile signings, which is something the board told me i must do this window.

anonymous-20190425180001.jpg

PRE SEASON RESULTS

AFC Telford 0 - 11 Wolves -
Joao Felix x3, Pedro x3, Ruben Neves, Niall Ennis x2, Connor Coady, Ruben Vinagre

Benfica 1 - 3 Wolves - Palacios, Ruben Neves, ***** Boly

Rangers 1 - 1 Wolves -Taylor Perry

Wolves 6 - 1 Luton Town -
Pedro, Cutrone x2, Vallejo, Quina x2

Inter Milan 0 - 0 Wolves

Jumilla 0 - 3 Wolves -
Jorge Cuenca, Joao Felix, Pedro

As you can see, a really tough set of fixtures this pre season. But some huge results for us. Notably the 11 - 0 thrashing of Telford, and then 6 - 1 of Luton. Great to see Pedro and Joao Felix scoring.

We had a long list of injuries to report though:

Patrick Cutrone - Hernia (6 weeks)
Joao Moutinho - Hip flexor (4 weeks)
Adama Traore - Torn calf (3-4 months)
***** Boly - Pulled hamstring - (4 weeks)

Fell very hard done too with the injuries, some key players going to be out of action for a while. This is what makes me thankful i added strength in depth.

PREMIER LEAGUE OPENING FIXTURES

Our first 3 games in the Premier League are:

Manchester City (A)

Crystal Palace (H)

Brighton (H)

I will be delighted to take 7 points from this game, but will certainly be happy with 6.

Season Goals\Expectations

So with the money spent this season, and my genuine belief that we have made massive strides in terms of squad quality, I feel we must be looking to qualify for Europe again at the bare minimum. We finished 21 points off 4th in 6th place last season, so to close that gap, would be a real step forward. I do however understand that I am being very optimistic. Last season was a real over achievement, but to finish in the top 6 of the EPL again would be amazing.

PS: Connor Coady keeps the armband, Ruben Neves remains vice captain.

I'll be back next with all the action from the first 2 months of the season :)