Wolves: The Exciting Journey To Success

Mixed Start to the new season...

14728354-7133567-image-a-8_1560405641105.jpg

Start of the 2019/2020 season...

August Results

Manchester City 0 - 1 Wolves - Pedro

Starting 11: Patricio, Vinagre, Coady (C) Vallejo, Trippier, Llorente, Neves, Lo Celso, Joao Felix, Chong, Pedro

Wow what a win!! I handed 6 debut starts for new signings in this game. We couldn't have really had a more difficult start. Facing Manchester City away from home on the opening game. We played slightly different, we sat in and soaked up the pressure, allowing City to have the ball, and dictate the play, whilst we waited for the right time to catch City with quick counter attacks. This happened a couple of times first half, but we didn't manage to beat Ederson. In the second half, City
continued to ask questions, but 5 minutes from time, Chong, who possesses great pace and skill, beat 3 players before slotting a perfectly timed through ball to Pedro, who shown great compose to beat Ederson 1 v 1. Pedro was given a yellow card for removing his shirt during the wild celebrations.

Crystal Palace 0 - 0 Wolves

Starting 11: Patricio, Sessengon, Boly, Vallejo, Doherty, Neves, Lo Celso, Moutinho, Joao Felix, Chong, Pedro

Stalemate. Poor result for us, we looked a different side to the one that beat Man City. We must do better. Created a lot of half chances, lacked the ability to create anything clear cut. Palace GK picked up a well deserved MOM, keeping our 13 shots on target at bay.

Wolves 1 - 3 Brighton - Pedro

Starting 11: Patricio, Vinagre, Coady (C) Vallejo, Trippier, Neves, Lo Celso, Puig, Joao Felix, Chong, Cutrone
Shocking. Bitterly disappointed with this, and I was quick to make my feelings known to the players afterwards. We must be winning these games at home, and found ourselves unstuck against a very average Brighton side. Need a very quick pick up from this! on a positive note, Puig got his first senior appearance today, and was only of the only positives to take from the match, 100% pass completion over his 65 minutes.

Bournemouth 0 - 4 Wolves - Pedro x2, Palacios x2

Starting 11: Patricio, Sessengon, Boly, Vallejo, Dani Alves, Neves, Palacios, Lo Celso, Joao Felix, Chong, Pedro
Much much better. A great result for our boys away at Bournemouth. I asked for a reaction, and i certainly got one. This was Ezequiel Palacios' first appearance this season following his groin strain in pre season. he was superb, scoring 2 belters from outside the area. Pedro looks a real talent, 2 more goals for him, but i have to mention Tabith Chong, he got a hat-rick of assists, looked dangerous every time he got on the ball. Him and Joao Felix work very well on the flanks, Felix drifts inside finding pockets of space, whilst Chong provides us great width.

Player of the Month

pedro-fluminense.jpg

A few others came close, but this man has moved from Brazil, a very different style of football in that league, and has spent no time adapting. The injury to Cutrone meant Pedro was thrown into the deep end, and he didn't disappoint. 4 goals in his first 4 games. Excited to see how his season progresses, note to remember that Pedro is only 21!

August Performance Review

Inconsistent. Some excellent wins, Man City away, Bournemouth away, but two disappointing performances and results at home. We're floating around mid table at the minute, and i'm hoping for a strong September. We have been without Patrick Cutrone, Adama Traore, Ferran Torres, and Morgan Gibbs-White this month who are all injured. Torres and Traore are likely to be out for the whole of September also.

September results

Liverpool 4 - 1 Wolves - Pedro

Starting 11: Patricio, Sessengon, Boly, Vallejo, Neves, Palacios, Lo Celso, Joao Felix, Chong, Pedro
Tough tough game. Liverpool are a top side, and the victory over us made it 5 in 5 for the reigning champions. We couldn't cope with their ability. They press very high and quick, which lead to us unable to control the game like we normally do. We actually went a goal up, as Pedro headed home after 7 minutes, but things quickly took a turn. Wanting the lads to move on from this one, the performance wasn't actually that bad.

Ajax 0 - 1 Wolves (Europa League)- Cutrone

Starting 11: Svilar, Vinagre, Coady, Denconcker, Doherty, Llorente, Puig, Gibbs-White, Sessengon, Quina, Cutrone
11 Changes made to the starting XI for our first Europa League group stage game against Dutch giants Ajax. We introduced Quina for his first start. We also gave brought on Taylor Perry, Bright Enobakhare and Emmanuel Vignato. Vignato and Bright making their senior debuts. We were excellent here, dominated the game against a strong opponent. This result and performance fills me with optimism and really shows our squad depth.

Wolves 4 - 1 Watford - Joao Felix, Palacios x2, Lo Celso

Starting 11: Patricio, Vinagre, Coady (C) Vallejo, Trippier, Neves, Llorente, Lo Celso, Joao Felix, Quina, Pedro

Quina kept his place for his Wolves premier league debut against his former club. Great win. Finally something for the home fans to enjoy! We controlled the game from start to finish, Palacios and Felix wowed the fans, unbelievable talents. Delighted to have them both here at Wolves. Lo Celso's goal could be goal of the season already, 30 yard screamer.

Wolves 1 - 1 Leicester (Carabao Cup)- Gibbs White (Wolves win on Penalties)
Starting 11: Svilar, Sessengon, Boly, Diallo, Dani Alves (C), Llorente, Moutinho, Gibbs-White, Perry, Quina, Cutrone

We handed another debut today, this time to Sadou Diallo, the u23's skipper, and regular performer. He didn't look out of place as the versatile Guinean partnered Boly at CB. Dani Alves took the armband in absence of Coady and Neves, and the fans
still are coming to terms with him in a Wolves shirt. We looked to have the tie wrapped up, but Leicester equalised in the 95th minute through Lucas Nemcha. Svillar then saved a James Maddison penalty in extra time, before saving 2 more spot kicks in the shoot out, sending is through to the next round.

Wolves 0 - 0 Newcastle

Starting 11: Patricio, Vinagre, Coady, Vallejo, Trippier, Neves, Gibbs-White, Palacios, Joao Felix, Chong, CutroneWe missed fire power today, as Newcastle held us to a goalless draw at home. We had plenty of opportunities to punish Newcastle, but didn't take our chances. Pedro came on at half time, and did hit the back of the net, but his goal was judged offside.

Player of the Month

multimedia.miniatura.bd656ddd9e774be1.5f4d475f313130335f6d696e6961747572612e4a5047.JPG

A close shave for the POTM in August, Palacios has taken this season by storm. Scoring goals, grabbing assists, covering ground, all huge factors of his game. Palacios has been credited by pundits and tipped for big things, PSG are monitoring his progress, bUt I have absolutely no desire to offload him. He also picked up the award for Premier League young player of the month award for September.

September Performance Review

Better but not complete. We only picked up 1 defeat, to Champions Liverpool, who have already beat Man Utd 5 - 0, and Milwall 7 - 1 this season. We have showed the depth of our squad by beating Ajax away, and also Leicester in the Carabao Cup. We are currently sat 9th in the English Premier League, with 3 wins, 2 draws, and 2 defeats from our opening 7 games. We do however have a game in hand on the trans above, and a win could take us up to 6th. Content with things so far.

Extra News

Jorge Cuenca
made a deadline day move to Southampton on loan. I felt Jorge needed some English experience, and with Southampton hoping to return to the Premier League quickly, they were the perfect side for his development. He has started and finished all 9 games so far, and is very much considered a key player there. Southampton sit 1st in the league.

Dion Sanderson, Carlos Heredia, Will Norris, Sylvan Deslandes and Cameron John, all have had their contracts terminated by mutual consent. My Managing Director Laurie Darylmple and Head of Youth Development Gareth Prosser deal with the youth set up, and brought their decision to my attention on the 31st August 2019. I am quite surprised at Dion's release, he made his senior bow at the end of last season, but due to Sadou Diallo, and Ed Francis' development, he fell down the pecking order. He signed for Notts County of League 2, and is a star player for them.

I'' be back with my next update for the results of October and November!

I love that you signed Pedro, as I support Fluminense myself, he's great irl and in the game :D:D

New season is looking good for you and I hope ya get some chips

Thanks mate, Pedro is a massive talent. Cost me £14.5 million plus add ons. Delighted with him so far... Looking at a few more young Brazilians, let me know of any you recommend!!

January is here....

images

Sorry for the long wait for an update guys, as i mentioned, i am away on holiday, so trying to play as much as possible without the Mrs giving me the death stare!!

I'll kick us straight off with our results from October, November, and manic December.

October Results

Wolves 1 - 0 Club Brugge (Europa League)-
Puig

Starting 11: Svilar, Vinagre, Coady, Diallo, Dani Alves, Llorente, Puig, Palacios, Adama, Torres, Cutrone

A decent victory. Should have been 4/5 judging by the chances created. A further start for Sadou Diallo who is showing signs of a big future. Yet to feature in the matchday squad in a league game.

Milwall 4 - 3 Wolves - Pedro x2, Cutrone

Starting 11: Patricio, Sessengon, Coady, Trippier, Vallejo, Neves, Moutinho, Lo Celso, Joao Felix, Chong, Pedro

****** off to be honest. Shocking crumble from us, we led this game 2-0 at the break, and then were reduced to 10 men following Sessengon's late challenge and second yellow, giftinggritty Milwall a penalty. We then gave them another penalty 5 minutes later, Patricio brought down Loader, he also saw red. Disaster... Svilar, comes in, saves the penalty, but they score from the rebound of his save. We then went ahead again, Super Pedro is unstoppable, but mil wall capitalised on the extra men and scored 2 goals inside the last 10 minutes to seal victory. I was Fuming.

Wolves 0 - 0 Chelsea

Starting 11: Svilar, Vinagre, Boly, Vallejo, Trippier, Neves (C) Lo Celso, Palacios, Joao Felix, Chong, Pedro

So unlucky not to win. We did the double over Chelsea last year, and they certainly don't like facing us. We attempted almost 3 times the amounts of shots on target that Chelsea did, and controlled possession. Chelsea sit 1st in the league with 0 defeats, so i would be wrong to be disappointed with a 0 - 0 draw.

Wolves 5 - 0 Vorksla Poltava (Europa League) - Chong, Neves, Vallejo, Sessengon

Starting 11: Svilar, Vinagre, Diallo, Vallejo, Llorente, Perry, Puig, Sessengon, Chong, Cutrone

Good solid win. A poor opposition, we could have really made it embarrassing for them here, but missed a few key chances. Sessengon played higher up as an inside forward and was very good, I love having a player that offers versatility. Chong excellent as ever, Neves came on and scored another free kick.

Stoke City 3 - 3 Wolves -Lo Celso, Pedro, Chong

Starting 11: Patricio, Sessengon, Coady, Boly, Doherty, Llorente, Neves, Lo Celso, Joao Felix, Chong, Pedro

Another bitterly disappointing result. We actually fought back really well, we went into the break 3-0 down. Ive no idea how or what was going on, we just didn't turn up!! The players got a fair few words at half time, and 2 changes made a difference. Tough place to go, but need to be winning.

Wolves 1 - 0 Everton (Carabao Cup 4th round) - Holgate OG

Starting 11: Svilar, Vinagre, Vallejo, Boly, Dani Alves, Neves, Puig, Palacios, Sessengon, Cutrone, Pedro

We've a great chance of progressing in this competition, and i wanted to take this very seriously, try and get some silverware to my name. It was tight all game, Puig ran the show, he's like a little Iniesta. 98% pass completion, 100% dribbles completed, 4 key passes. One to watch, only 19.

Player of the month

88662-1532495445-800.jpg

What a success story its been for him. Young lad, making a big step up to come here, bu he has shone throughout, tops the EPL assists table, and has pretty much secured that RW spot. This month he has been fantastic, but his consistency is incredible.

October Performance Review

Poor, really disappointing month for me, 2 games where we should be picking up 6 points in Stoke and Milwall were wasted. We didn't win any Premier League games this month. On the plus side, performing well in the Carabao Cup and Europa League, with strong squad rotation.

November Results

Wolves 3 - 2 Norwich -
Pedro x2, Llorente

Starting 11:patricio, Vinagre, Coady (C) Vallejo, Trippier, Neves, Lo Celso, Gibbs-White, Joao Felix, Chong, Pedro

Nice win! We needed to shake off the bug from October and we certainly did that, Norwich (10th) are no mugs, so i am delighted to have got the 3 points.

Vorksla Poltava 0 - 3 Wolves - Vinagre, Puig, Quina

Starting 11: Svilar, Vinagre, Diallo, Dendoncker, Dani Alves, Llorente, Gibbs-White, Puig, Quina, Adama, Cutrone

To be expected again. Clean sheet, all goalscorer below 21.

Tottenham 0 - 0 Wolves

Starting 11: Svilar, Vinagre, Coady (C) Vallejo, Trippier, Neves, Llorente, Lo Celso, Joao Felix, Cutrone, Pedro

I'll take that!! Spurs are 3rd, and looking very good, haven't dropped points at home all season until this game. We looked very good out of possession which is nice to see. Another clean sheet, Svilar started the game as Patricio was ill during the week.

Wolves 2 - 0 Leicester - Neves, Pedro

Starting 11: Svilar, Sessengon, Coady (C) Vallejo, Trippier, Neves, Gibbs-White, Lo Celso, Joao Felix, Chong, Pedro

Very, very comfortable win, Leicester were one of the highest spenders in the league, but find themselves 3rd bottom. They looked completely deflated as we over powered them 2 - 0. Important to add, Rogers was sacked following this game. Milwall boss Neil Harris took the job after guiding Milwall up last season, and into a comfortable 12th place so far in the EPL. Interesting.

Wolves 4 - 4 Ajax - Cutrone x2, Gibbs-White, Palacios

Starting 11: Svilar, Sessengon, Diallo, Vallejo, Kilman, Watt, Gibbs-White (C) Puig, David ****, Quina, Cutrone

As you can see from the starting line up, i really wanted to showcase our youth academy to our home supporters. We had secured qualification as 1st place, so it was the perfect opportunity for me to give some youngsters a step in the deep water. We handed full senior debuts to Max Killman, Elliott Watt, and David ****, whilst Sadou Diallo also started, and academy graduate Morgan Gibbs-White captained the side. Really proud achievement for him. We looked so exciting to watch, and a despite such ha young squad, we really gave Ajax a run for their money. It was nice to see Cutrone scoring, after a disappointing return so far this season. Niall Ennis also came on to replace Cutrone with 5 minutes to play, and grabbed the assist for Palacios's equaliser, whilst Terry Taylor (17) made the bench for the first time. Our average age was; 19 years, crazy stuff. Good result.

Player of the Month

mile-svilar-of-sl-benfica-in-action-during-the-taca-de-portugal-match-picture-id1134756589

This player, is coming on massively with age, he has unbelievable talents, and I honestly believe he will be one of the best keepers around in the next year / 2. He was unhappy when I rebuffed Chelsea's attempts at signing him, but he is starting to get a lot more football. He's really stepped up the the mark recently. Exciting player, 20 years old, has 15 years left in him!!

November Performance Review

Better, I am relatively happy with this month, we were unbeaten in all competitions over the 5 games, and winning 2 of the 3 Premier League matches. This had a positive effect on the player morale, and i hope we can take this into December, where we play 9, yes 9 games!!

December Results

Manchester United 4 - 2 Wolves - Pedro x2

Starting 11: Patricio, Sessengon, Boly, Vallejo, Trippier, Neves (C) Gibbs-White, Lo Celso, Joao Felix, Cutrone, Pedro

***** Boly, a player that has been asking for more game time, even via the media! Was dismissed after 22 minutes for a horrific tackle on Anthony Martial, Martial broke his ankle as a result. ***** Boly was given a 3 match ban, and I fined him 2 weeks worth of wages. He cost us this game, how are we expected to go to Old Trafford with 10 men for 70 minutes? Pedro and Joao Felix unreal, both combined for both goals.

Wolves 6 - 1 Burnley - Pedro x3, Joao Felix, Lo Celso

Starting 11: Patricio, Vinagre, Coady (C) Vallejo, Trippier, Neves, Lo Celso, Moutinho, Joao Felix, Chong, Pedro

Pedro is on fire!!! After the 3 goals here, that took hid tally to 15 goals in 15 Premier League appearances. Outstanding from him, he tops the charts for most Premier League goals. We were complete today, An amazing performance and a joy to watch, a good battering has been coming. Joao Felix starting to really prove the hefty loan fee was worthwhile 2 more assist and a goal from the young Portuguese wonderkid.

Derby County 1 - 0 Wolves

Starting 11: Patricio, Sessengon, Coady (C) Vallejo, Doherty, Llorente, Gibbs-White, Moutinho, Puig, Adams, Cutrone

You couldn't write it... Go and thump Burnley, then drop silly points to a struggling Derby side. Annoying, need more consistency.

Club Brugge 1 - 2 Wolves (Europa League) - Cutrone x2

Starting 11: Svilar, Vinagre, Dendoncker, Boly, Killman, Llorente, Puig, Gibbs-White (C) Ennis, Adama, Cutrone

Nice way to wrap up the Europa League group stages, unbeaten, and only dropped points to Ajax when we drew 4-4. Killman played another 90, this time young Niall Ennis started on the left hand side of the front 3. Cutrone showing signs of what we know he is about.

Wolves 3 - 1 Everton - Pedro, Joao Felix x2

Starting 11: Patricio, Vinagre, Coady (C) Vallejo, Trippier, Neves, Lo Celso, Palacios, Joao Felix, Cutrone, Pedro

Cracking performance and win. I made it clear this was a massive game, and they delivered. Joao Felix is unplayable at the moment, looks miles above everyone else in terms of his all round play, great to see. Cutrone played wide right, a position we are looking at training him in.

QPR 0 - 1 Wolves (Carabao Cup QTR final) - Pedro

Starting 11: Svilar, Sessengon, Diallo, Coady (C) Doherty, Neves, Llorente, Gibbs-White, Chong, Adama, Pedro

Through to the semi's!!! A tough contest, QPR were fired up for it. We were resolute and didn't change our way of playing, eventually broke through. Sadou Diallo was given the MOM from the TV Pundits. Amazing performance, he's so quick and aggressive, could be a good player for us in the years to come. We draw Tottenham in the semi final, whilst Milwall and Bristol City play it out in the other fixture. If we beat Spurs, we're in with a real chance!!

Wolves 1 - 2 Manchester City - Pedro

Starting 11: Patricio, Vinagre, Coady (C) Vallejo, Trippier, Neves, Lo Celso, Moutinho, Joao Felix, Chong, Pedro

Sadly Man City were just to good for us, we gave them a real go, but they overpowered us, Rodri the dictator, what a player he is. Pedro, the main man, scored again, watched by Real Madrid scouts.... I am considering nothing lower than £85 million for him.

West Ham 0 - 0 Wolves

Starting 11: Patricio, Vinagre, Diallo, Vallejo, Trippier, Neves, Lo Celso, Palacios, Joao Felix, Cutrone, Pedro

Boring boring game. We were poor, they were good, thats how far we've come, I'm quite pleased that we can play so poorly and still pick up a result, but another 2 points dropped, that game was here for the taking. Sadou Diallo signed a 4 year deal, and then made his Premier League debut, not a bad week for him... Well deserved.

Wolves 1 - 1 Arsenal - Cutrone

Starting 11: Svilar, Sessengon, Coady, Vallejo, Dani Alves (C), Llorente, Lo Celso, Moutinho, Chong, Cutrone, Pedro

Good result. Dani Alves bowed out of professional football in this game, a real world legend. He took the armband, and played 60 minutes before being substituted to a standing ovation. We announced earlier in the week that Dani Alves will not return to Sao Paulo and instead take up the position as u18's manager for us. Delighted to have him here as a coach, to help our youngsters develop. Cutrone scored a screamer to equalise for us after Diogo Jota came back to haunt us for Arsenal.

Player of the Month

JoaoFelixAtleticoMadrid-2.jpg

Star man!! Joao Felix is often man marked for us, but he is absolutely immense, his all round game is unreal, and he has contributed to 4 goals and 5 assists this month. Such a coup to have him here.

December Performance Review

I am actually satisfied with this month, some fantastic wins, some good draws too. But also progressing in both the Europa League and the Carabao Cup. We are still in 9th though, majorly down to the outstanding consistent form of the top 6, Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham, Manchester City, Manchester United, Arsenal. Only goal difference separates us and Newcastle in 7th.

Recruitment Plans - January 2020

I plan on bringing in 2-4 new faces in January, and offload 2-4 players. I believe we need more quality in certain areas, and can use January as a perfect time to get some new faces in.

165012893_3002246463001_SkySportsTransferCentreZoomed.jpg

2 SINGINGS ALREADY AGREED - TO BE COMPLETED JANUARY 1ST 2020.

I am delighted to confirm I have agreed for 2 players to join the club in January. One is a very talented player that will join up with the u23's squad. The other is a permanent deal for a versatile attacking midfielder. He is very talented, only 24, and signs from one of Europe's largest clubs on a 5 year deal, for a bargain fee.

TO BE CONFIRMED NEXT UPDATE!!

We're all familiar with the death stare I think! I'm getting it right now!!

This story finally convinced me to do my own with St Etienne.

I love the way you tell your story, especially regarding the transfers in and out and those you missed out on.

Keep it up mate

The best transfer business yet?

165012893_3002246463001_SkySportsTransferCentreZoomed.jpg

Transfer window complete. I am absolutely delighted with our business, and still in shock. I am targeted on signing 'high profile' players, and we have certainly done that...

OUTGOINGS

Leander Dendoncker - £17 million - Schalke 04

Matt Doherty - £20.5 million - Bournemouth

***** Boly - Gungzhou

Ferran Torres (Levante) Adama Traore (Ajax) and Jorge Cuenca (Getafe) all left on loan for the remainder of the season.

INCOMINGS

Marko Pjaca -Juventus - £7.5 million
rising to £10 million if we qualify for the Europa League.

Marko+Pjaca+FC+Juventus+v+Atalanta+BC+Tim+2HpkQbYxNPil.jpg

This is the one of the 2 deals we had already lined up for January. Marko is obvously an exceptional player, provides great versatility, able to play either LW, RW or ST. He is quick, powerful, and will be a huge asset to us moving forward. The deal is so cheap too!!

Brennan Johnson - £300k - Nottingham Forest (Will join up with u23's)

0_Dan-Westwell.jpg

Brennan Johnson is a very highly rated 17 year old. He has already made 3 senior appearances this season, and notched 21 goals in 26 u23's game. Tottenham, Sheffield Utd and Everton have all scouted him, so I am delighted to have him on board.

Thilo Kehrer - PSG - £15 million, rising to £24.5 million.

thilo-kehrer-of-psg-during-the-french-cup-match-between-gsi-pontivy-picture-id1078773202

Over the moon with this one. Thilo was desperate for first team football, so made himself available for transfer and loan. i acted swiftly to secure him, as i knew there would be huge interest. Thilo takes a 20k per week pay cut to £60k per week, and signs a contract which could keep him here for 7 years. (5 year deal, optional 2 year extension by club) Big signing, and a great replacement for Boly.

Pablo Maffeo - Girona - £4 million

Pablo-Maffeo-Barcelona-news-Lionel-Messi-858087.jpg

Pablo Maffeo, a former Man City full back, signs on a 3 year deal for a reasonable fee. We recently saw Matt Doherty depart permanently for £20 million, and Dani Alves retire to become our u18's manager, so we urgently needed cover for Trippier at right back. Pablo fits the bill perfectly, young, hungry, quick, attacking, great on the ball. Shrewd business imo.

Now onto the 2 big ones... Both players have agreed to sign for Wolves as of 1st July 2020.

Rodrygo - Real Madrid £21.5 million (Activated release clause) - 1st July 2020.

rodrygo-goes-of-real-madrid-during-the-2019-international-champions-picture-id1156966594

Sat in Real Madrid's u19's, I cam across Rodrygo, who has scored 33 goals in 25 games this season. I was going to go for a loan deal, until i noticed his release clause in his contract! I honestly couldn't quite believe it. At first the young Brazilian wanted too much money (110k per week) but we managed to strike a deal starting 1st July 2020 at 73k a week. He is a young lad, but has so much ability. We were forced to accept a £77 million release clause in his contract. He will be used as a key player for us.

James Rodriguez - Real Madrid - No Transfer Fee, Pre contract agreement - 1st July 2020

James-Rodriguez-Bayern-Munich.jpg

I am absolutely ecstatic to announce superstar James Rodriguez will join up with our squad at the end of the season. I identified him as my top target months ago, and was constantly hearing that he has no desire to join, until my Chief Scout went to watch him for Real Madrid u23's in their game against Girona. I was made aware that James would be interested in a move if it was the right one. There was no way i could afford the £30 million asking price now, so with his contract being up at the end of the season, and Real Madrid having no intention of renewing... I could discuss a contract with him. Discussions lasted for a good 10 days, and James was flown to England to see the training facilities. He loved the thought of being a key player here, and the opportunity to play in the Premier League.

As expected, he will become a record earner with £165k per week wages (My maximum allowance) He was earning £225k per week at Real Madrid so has decreased significantly. He sings a 5 year deal. We agreed promises that we will improve the training facilities and challenge for Champions League within 3 years.

With us sat in 8th place, i was so shocked to land this one, but absolutely delighted.

Now that hype is out of the way, Let me talk you through our results in January...

January Results

Crystal Palace 2 - 4 Wolves - Chong, Pedro, Palacios, Felix

Starting 11: Patricio, Vinagre, Coady, Vallejo, Trippier, Neves, Llorente, Lo Celso, Joao Felix, Chong, Pedro

Good win for us, Went 4-0 up, so frustrating to concede 2 towards the end, but all in all, solid performance, 4 great goals scored.

Birmingham 1 - 3 Wolves (FA Cup)- Puig, Cutrone, Pedro

Starting 11: Svilar, Vinagre, Coady, Diallo, Trippier, Llorente, Puig, Gibbs-White, Pjaca, Torres, Cutrone

Bitter rivals! Good to beat them, I was really happy with the draw, to play against Birmingham, so the fans could get the 1 up on them!! Puig was superb, he is going to be so good for us! Cutrone, started, scored, Pedro came on in the 82nd minute, and no surprise, scored.

Wolves 2 - 3 Tottenham (Carabao Cup Semi Final Leg 1) - Pedro x2

Starting 11: Svilar, Sessengon, Kehrer, Vallejo, Trippier, Neves, Lo Celso, Moutinho, Joao Felix, Pjaca, Pedro

Ah man... Gutted. We led twice in this game, and played exceptional for 70 minutes. We then lost our way, and Harry Kane gave them the advantage with an 88th minute penalty. Gutted, will be hard to overcome this...

Brighton 1 - 0 Wolves

Starting 11: Patricio, Vinagre, Coady, Kehrer, Maffeo, Llorente, Palacios, Puig, Pjaca, Chong, Cutrone

A lot of players needed resting, so i did, but really regret it now! A huge game, Brighton have closed the gap behind us to 1 point, so we're really at risk of plummeting down the league!

Wolves 3 - 0 Bournemouth - Cutrone x3

Starting 11: Patricio, Vinagre, Kehrer, Vallejo, Trippier, Neves, Lo Celso, Llorente, Joao Felix, Chong, Cutrone

Cutrone inspired performance. He was outstanding, he is definitely not out of favour here, its only down to Pedro's unbelievable first season why he isn't a regular starter. Staked his claim here though... Pedro is away on International Duty for the Copa America with Brazil, so now is his chance to shine.

Tottenham 3 - 2 Wolves (Carabao Cup semi final second leg) - Pjaca, Joao Felix

Starting 11: Svilar, Sessengon, Coady, Vallejo, Trippier, Neves, Palacios, Lo Celso, Joao Felix, Pjaca, Cutrone

I knew it would be difficult to overcome their advantage. They just pipped us this time. Gutted, because Bristol City actually beat Milwall to make the final. Pjaca scored an absolute worldie.

Manchester United 2 - 1 Wolves - Cutrone

Starting 11: Svilar, Vinagre, Kehrer, Vallejo, Maffeo, Llorente, Puig, Joao Felix, Pjaca, Chong, Cutrone

Came close, but not enough to go through. United were clear favourites and pipped us on the day. Joao Felix played centrally as an Advanced playmaker, did very well.

Wolves 2 - 4 Liverpool -
Llorente, Palacios

Starting 11: Patricio, Vinagre, Kehrer, Vallejo, Trippier, Llorente, Palacios, Lo Celso, Joao Felix, Chong, Cutrone

Battered. could have been 6... Disappointed really, we have to make these games against the top teams closer to progress.

Player of the Month

_108360567_gettyimages-1168822032.jpg

Tripper is a star man for us, as expected. He has bags of pace, and gets into great areas. He has assisted 3 goals this month and grabbed a man of the match award. So happy to have him.

January Performance review

To be honest, I'm just so so happy with the transfer business this month, that it has pretty much over-ridden the quite poor results. We have signed James Rodriguez... I hope you're all as excited as I am!! But in all seriousness, we NEED some better results next month, I have to be pushing for 7th place.

PS: I am NOT using Editor, and do not have it. I'd never use it as it ruins the whole excitement of the game. I'd love to provide screenshots, but i am unsure of how to do it on my MacBook.

Feedback always welcome.

Looking forward to seeing how James does for you! An amazing signing for wolves!!

Loving the story!! Super excited to see what James can bring.... I have a Macbook. Hold down the Command + Shift keys, then push 4. From there click and hold. When you highlighted what you want a screenshot of unclick (whatever the word is) the mouse. That's what I do for my story.

Legend. Thanks mate, I'll give it a go and try put some end of season screenshots in!!

Nicee job Travis. Very very exciting. Your story back me in old days and my save with Crystal Palace,it was something interesting like your story.Plss give us some 5 star potential wonderkids,it would be good for your finances in next years. Something like Tonali(a new Pirlo) or something like that.
Keep up good work!
Waiting for new updateee.... ;)

I absolutely love these transfers. I can't help but get excited every time I see your transfer window updates.

For me to take a screenshot on my Mac, I press shift + cmd and 5... it takes more of a snap shot and is easier to do than to draw it on.

Nicee job Travis. Very very exciting. Your story back me in old days and my save with Crystal Palace,it was something interesting like your story.Plss give us some 5 star potential wonderkids,it would be good for your finances in next years. Something like Tonali(a new Pirlo) or something like that.
Keep up good work!
Waiting for new updateee.... ;)

Thank you mate, really appreciate the kind words, things aren't looking so exciting in the league this season! So big changes on the pitch are required next year!

I absolutely love these transfers. I can't help but get excited every time I see your transfer window updates.

For me to take a screenshot on my Mac, I press shift + cmd and 5... it takes more of a snap shot and is easier to do than to draw it on.

Thanks mate, really appreciated! I will have a good go at the end of the season :)

Is my job as Wolves boss under threat?

AAG21SF.img

February Results

Watford 0 - 1 Wolves - Pjaca

Starting 11: Patricio, Vinagre, Kehrer, Vallejo, Maffeo, Llorente, Lo Celso, Moutinho, Joao Felix, Pjaca, Cutrone

Nice away win. We have really struggled on our travels this season, so i was delighted to bring the 3 points home. Pjaca with another screamer! That lad can strike a ball...

Lokomotiv Moscow 3 - 3 Wolves (Europa League Knockout 1st round, leg 1) - Pedro, Cutrone, Trippier

Starting 11: Svilar, Sessengon, Coady, Vallejo, Trippier, Neves, Lo Celso, Joao Felix, Cutrone, Pjaca, Pedro

Up there amongst the most frustrating games I've had on FM. I kid you not, we had 34 shots, 17 on target, compared to their 6 shots, 4 on target. We actually found ourselves 3-1 down too!! They just made scoring so simple, we couldn't put it in the back of the net. Trippier got a last gasp equaliser, vital 3 away goals.

Newcastle 1 - 1 Wolves - Pedro (Pen)

Starting 11: Patricio, Vinagre, Kehrer, Coady, Maffeo, Llorente, Neves, Palacios, Joao Felix, Chong, Pedro

Another late late equaliser, we are really struggling away from home, and its starting to concern me massively. We simply aren't picking up enough points in the league.

Wolves 2 - 1 Lokomotiv Moscow
(Europa League Knockout 1st round, leg 2) Neves, Pedro

Starting 11: Svilar, Sessengon, Kehrer, Vallejo, Trippier, Llorente, Neves, Lo Celso, Joao Felix, Chong, Pedro

Thank F for that. With the board disappointed with our league position, is vital I have a good run in this competition. We are targeted to reach the quarter final this year, and I am hopeful, with a kind draw, we can achieve it. Neves scores screamers all season long, Pedro grabs 30 for the season in all competitions. Unbelievable first season.

Chelsea 3 - 0 Wolves

Starting 11: Patricio, Sessengon, Kehrer, Vallejo, Maffeo, Neves, Palacios, Puig, Joao Felix, Pjaca, Cutrone

Shocking performance. If it wasn't for us having Portugal's number 1 in goal, it could have been double that scoreline. Chelsea sit 6 points clear on top, and a Mason Mount hat-rick in the first half, sealed another 3 points for them. Poor from us, pressure mounts on me... Currently sat 9th at this point.

Wolves 1 - 0 Stoke - Pjaca

Starting 11: Patricio, Vinagre, Coady, Vallejo, Trippier, Llorente, Neves, Moutinho, Pjaca, Chong, Pedro

A vital 3 points. It wasn't pretty, we only recorded 4 on target at home, which is unlike us, but I am just happy we got the points on the board in a MUST WIN game.

Player of the Month

Juventus-Croatian-forward-Marko-Pjaca.jpg

First full month at the club, settled in really well. Can play wide right or left, and shows he can strike a ball unbelievably well. 2 goals this month, but both crucial goals, which also happen to be belters. His goal against Stoke came second for Goal of the Month in the league.

February Performance Review

The only issue with managing Wolves, is their highly ambitious board expect success so quickly, and soon turn on the pressure. We sit 9th, 6 points below 7th, and 3 points above 10th. So not great at all, judging by out 6th place finish last term. We must stop losing games away from home. Wolves could attract a real big name manager if they decide to replace me, so I have to start performing better!!!

March Results

Valencia 2 - 1 Wolves (Europa League knockout 2nd round, leg 1)- Neves

Starting 11: Svilar, Sessengon, Kehrer, Vallejo, Trippier, Llorente, Neves (C) Joao Felix, Lo Celso, Pjaca, Pedro

So a change in shape, 4-2-3-1 we picked, with Llorente and Neves holding, Joao Felix, Lo Celso, Pjaca all behind Pedro.
With Valencia sat 3rd in La liga, I knew this would be a very difficult game, especially given or form away from home. I told the lads to ensure we have a chance to progress via the second leg. We almost gained a well deserved draw, but Guedes beat about 4 players and chipped Svilar to win the leg for them. We grabbed a vital away goal, Neves scoring a beautiful free kick... Shock....

Norwich 1 - 1 Wolves - OG

Starting 11: Patricio, Vinagre, Coady, Kehrer, Maffeo, Llorente, Lo Celso, Palacios, Chong, Cutrone, Pedro

Another 2 points dropped, Norwich (10th) are continuing to put pressure on us from behind, so this game was really important to both turn our away fortunes around, and increase the gap on them behind us. We led through an own goal, but a Pukki header gained Norwich a point, they skied a penalty too, poor again.

Wolves 1 - 0 Valencia (Europa League; Wolves progress on away goals) - Chong

Starting 11: Svilar, Vinagre, Kehrer, Vallejo, Trippier, Neves, Moutinho, Lo Celso, Joao Felix, Pjaca, Pedro

ABSOLUTE SCENES. Just as i thought we were out, Chong plays a 1-2 with Neves on the edge of the box before rifling it home from 30 yards. He celebrated like we'd won the competition!! This was scored in the 86th minute, and with 10 men, we held on for the final 5 mins. Joao Felix was sent off with 10 minutes to go. - 3 match ban, straight red. WE ARE THROUGH TO THE QUATER FINAL OF THE EUROPA LEAGUE.

Wolves 2 - 1 Milwall - Pedro x2

Starting 11: Patricio, Sessengon, Coady, Kehrer, Maffeo, Llorente, Gibbs-White, Palacios, Puig, Chong, Cutrone

Pedro started the game as sub, as he hasn't scored in the previous 6 games. But came on with 30 to go, and turned the game around. We were 1-0 down against the leagues shithouses, but Pedro scored to super strikes to seal 3 points.

Leicester 2 - 1 Wolves -
Chong

Starting 11: Patricio, Sessengon, Coady, Vallejo, Trippier, Llorente, Neves, Moutinho, Joao Felix, Cutrone, Pedro

Another away defeat... Its such a terrible form away this season, we have actually lost 7 away games this season, only winning 3. Very poor recording. I need to sort this ASAP.

Player of the Month

pudbyzupewqoyngo9ddt.jpg

This guy is genuinely a superstar. Ruben Neves, he will be our captain next season if i can keep hold of him, Real Madrid are constantly sending scouts, as are Barcelona and Man City. I have set a £90 million price tag to his name, but would be gutted to lose him. Atletico came in with £55 million in January, but we immediately rebuffed it, despite his interest to speak to them. So keeping hold of Ruben could be tough. I'm hoping the signing of James Rodriguez will give him confidence in the project here. He scored that all important free kick at the Metsalla which enabled us to progress on away goals, consistently superb.

March Performance Review

Very much the same as last month. Before qualification, i actually found myself 14/1 on 'The sack race' and the third favourite to be the next Premier League manager to be sacked. I'd be gutted. But we have reached the quarter final of the Europa league now, where we face the favourites; Tottenham. Of course it would be the side that crushed our Carabao Cup dreams earlier in the year... typical. Massive underdogs, but we will give them a good go!!

My next update will be a big one, right up until the end of the season. I hope i'll still be in job, and now setting a realistic target of finishing 8th in the league. (Currently 9th)

Comery in for crunch talks at Wolves

wolves-fixtures-2019-20-premier-league-reveal-full-calendar-for-new-season-daily-mail.jpg

End of Season 2019/2020.

Premier League Table

Chelsea
Liverpool
Man City
Arsenal
Tottenham
Man Utd
Newcastle
Brighton
Wolves
Norwich
Everton
Milwall
Leicester
Watford
West Ham
Stoke
Bournemouth
Derby
Crystal Palace
Burnley

I'm going to pretty much cut to the chase in this update. Our league performance was nowhere near where the board wanted us to finish. We finished 9th in the league below Brighton and Newcastle in 7th and 8th. I think we must change certain aspects on how we play in order to be better away from home.
We ended up 15 points behind 6th, and 12 points behind 7th. Our league form was not good enough, especially away from home.

Comery in for Crunch Talks at Wolves

The season has finished and the board have held serious crunch talks with manager Travis Comery, who has 1 year remaining on his contract. He is asking for patience as he has some star players signing in the summer.

Fortunately the board agree to allow me a chance, to get the season off to a good start. I imagine the board will be after 11 points from our first 5 games, in order for me to stay at the helm.

Season 2019/2020 awards

fluminense-v-chapecoense-brasileirao-series-a-2018-5b923531a8f58ea84700000f.jpg

It is no surprise to see Pedro sweep up the awards. He actually won Fans Player of the Year, Players Player of the Year, Managers Player of the Year, Young Player of the Year, Golden Boot, and Signing of the year.
So a full house of awards for our front man, who has insisted he is happy at Wolves, and already looking forward to next season, despite interest from PSG and Real Madrid. He scored 29 Premier League goals and was the leagues top scorer.

Expected Departure

gettyimages-1015402070.jpg

With interest from Manchester City, Juventus, PSG, Real Madrid and Barcelona. Ruben Neves has handed in a transfer request to be allowed to leave during the window. I have reluctantly accepted this, but made it very clear that Ruben will not leave for any less than £90 million, I have also told Ruben he will not be allowed to leave to a divisional rival should he go.
Whilst I am obviously gutted to lose him, £90 million will make clear funds for 2/3 very good players.

Joining up with the squad

hi-res-ed624067901b02d5414a333cef6f5012_crop_north.jpg

I'm sure I didn't need to remind you, but James Rodriguez will be joining up with the squad this summer, a world class player, who will be a huge lift to everyone at the club. With Ruben Neves' departure expected, James will move straight into his role of Vice Captain of the club.

fbl-u20-bra-ven-5cd53da625eaeca00a000001.jpg

Next up, James Rodriguez's team mate Rodyrgo! A 19 year old with outrageous potential. He has touted by Pedro to move to Wolves and join the project. I can't wait to see what he is made of.

stream_img.jpg

A third from Real Madrid! Jesus Vallejo signs permanently following 2 years on loan at Wolves. He signs after his £21.5 million release clause was activated. Leicester and Dortmund tried to hijack the move, but he agreed to remain for a further 5 years.

RECRUITMENT PLANS

The board have given me another £45 million to spend this summer. So I have to ensure we make the correct signings in order to turn our fate around this season. We already have 3 in the bag, and with Tahiti Chong, Ryan Sessengon and Joao Felix returning to their parent clubs, I expect to sign another winger and left back. Also, if Ruben Neves departs, I will be signing a replacement, this will have to be as big deal, as Ruben's quality will be dearly missed.
So another big summer expected. I'm just happy to have the chance to stay here and give a real push for the new season.

My next update will be all of the transfer business, and the overview of the Season with my completed squad. I will also provide you our pre season performance and results! Exciting stuff, some really exciting signings incoming, stay posted!!

G6LCJTFCCZBDXA5SBPMYCDMZVU.jpg

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing who else you bring in and how the season starts off. Another example of too many positive results/performances too soon??

Very, very true mate. This summer has been very difficult with FFP giving us a kick in the ****... Going to be interesting