Not open for further replies.

TGW

Reaction score
M5PPQ.png
qzTds.png

Venue - Molineux
Date - Saturday 5th February
Kick-Off - 1730 GMT
Possible Streams - http://www.atdhenet.tv/33725/watch-wolverhampton-vs-manchester-united
Coverage - Live on ESPN, hightlights on MoTD, listen on talksport, BBC Radio 5 Live and local radio. Text commentary on BBC Sport Website and mobiles. Goals from midnight on Sky Sports News

Team News

Stephen Hunt will miss out for Wolves with a calf strain, so on-loan Jamie O'Hara could make his first start.
Manchester United midfielder Darren Fletcher is available after recovering from an eye injury sustained during the victory over Aston Villa.
Rafael is also expected to return after being given the all-clear from the concussion he suffered at Blackpool.
Park Ji-Sung is unlikely to be involved while he continues his recovery from South Korea's Asian Cup exploits.

Wolves
Injured: Guedioura (broken leg), Hunt (calf), Kightly & Mancienne (both knee)

Man Utd
Doubtful: Park (fatigue)
Injured: Hargreaves (hamstring), Valencia (ankle)

Head to Head

Wolverhampton v Man Utd

Barclays Premier League
Venue: Molineux Date: Saturday, 5 February Kick-off: 1730 GMT
Coverage: Watch live on ESPN and highlights on Match of the Day; listen on talkSPORT, BBC Radio 5 live and local radio; text commentary on BBC Sport website and mobiles

Team News
Stephen Hunt will miss out for Wolves with a calf strain, so on-loan Jamie O'Hara could make his first start.

Mick McCarthy this afternoon confirmed Ronald Zubar will retain his place in the starting line-up for tomorrow's sellout with Manchester United, after his mistake gave Bolton a late winner in mid-week.

Manchester United midfielder Darren Fletcher is available after recovering from an eye injury sustained during the victory over Aston Villa.

Rafael is also expected to return after being given the all-clear from the concussion he suffered at Blackpool.

Park Ji-Sung is unlikely to be involved while he continues his recovery from South Korea's Asian Cup exploits.

Wolves
Injured: Guedioura (broken leg), Hunt (calf), Kightly & Mancienne (both knee)
Man Utd
Doubtful: Park (fatigue)
Injured: Hargreaves (hamstring), Valencia (ankle)

Head to Head

• United have won their last six matches against Wolves since a 1-0 Premier League defeat at Molineux in January 2004.
• Wolves have lost more matches (15) this season than any other club in the Premier League.
• Defeat for Wolves would signal four successive league defeats for a third time this season.
• This is Mick McCarthy's 100th Premier League match as a manager (W17, D18, L64). The former Republic of Ireland boss turns 52 on Monday.
Man Utd
• Unbeaten United are four points down on Arsenal's 'invincible' squad of 2003/04. United have 15 wins and nine draws from 24 games, compared with the Gunners' 17 wins and seven draws.
• Dimitar Berbatov has scored 19 league goals this season - his best return in a Premier League season, and only five fewer than Wolves' entire team.
• Sir Alex Ferguson's side have won all three Premier League matches against West Midlands clubs in 2011, scoring 10 goals.
• They have won only three of their 11 top-flight matches on the road this season - on all three occasions Javier Hernandez scored.

Top Goalscorers
Wolves
Fletcher: 6 goals (4 league);
Doyle & Milijas: 5 goals (2 league)

Man Utd
Berbatov: 20 goals (19 league);
Hernandez: 11 goals (7 league)

My Predicted Line-Ups

My Prediction
Wolves 1-3 Man United

Hammill
Rooney, Fletcher, Berbatov

(This is my first match thread for FM Base, please can you give me tips for how I can improve :)

Last edited:
Wolves are tough to beat at Molineux. I expect one more hard earned win/draw. Our away form is bit worrying, we have scrapped few wins, but none of them are convincing bar Stoke.

Hope we play 4-4-2 and United style instead of playing European away style.
Prediction 2-1 to United with Rooney and Berba scoring.

My prediction is 2-0.. Berba, Rooney

I hope Rooney will play a bit deeper though.

Really good OP, but pretty sure we're playing WolVes :p.. Think we'll win, but it will be another scrappy away win.

Wolves 0-1 Manchester United - Hernandez

Pretty sure Chicharito has scored when he's played vs Wolves this season (Carling Cup) and I think he may do it again coming off the bench. We'll dominate but will struggle with the final ball.

Not worried about the score though, just want a good solid performance and the 3 points.

Really good OP, but pretty sure we're playing WolVes :p.. Think we'll win, but it will be another scrappy away win.

Wolves 0-1 Manchester United - Hernandez

Pretty sure Chicharito has scored when he's played vs Wolves this season (Carling Cup) and I think he may do it again coming off the bench. We'll dominate but will struggle with the final ball.

Not worried about the score though, just want a good solid performance and the 3 points.
lol, title edited.1-2 united, they will make it very tough for us, and will be unlucky not to get a point

lol, title edited.1-2 united, they will make it very tough for us, and will be unlucky not to get a point

Yeah they always do. Old Trafford we needed an injury time Park Ji-Sung goal, and in the cup at Molineux we needed a really late Hernandez goal so I don't think we'll walk it, however I do expect us to pick up the 3 points considering we're at pretty much full strength.

I can't see past Man United winning :S But voted for a Wolves win for jokes ;)

3-1 United, Wolves to score the first, but United to equalise straight after through a beautiful Zubar assist.

2-1 to United, I fancy Hammill to score for Wolves.

Wolves 1 - 3 Manchester United

Unfortunately.

If Wolves dont score early they wont win simple as that. Im going to predict a 4-0 win for Utd unfortunatly. Also have some of this Utd fans, my cousin who is a massive Utd supporter will miss this game as he is taking his GF to watch legally blonde....the play!!!

Cant see Wolves getting anything from the match except a good beating

Man Utd 4-0 Wolves

should be a tough game for man utd but i think ...

Wolves 0 - 1 Manchester united ( Rooney )

Where do you find them logos.
Nice quality OP, You could give some people some tips.
Going for 3-1 Utd Rooney Berba Berba

I give Wolves a lot of respect and they often play better than the final result tends to imply, but I think United will win this by some distance, even if they provide staunch opposition.

If you want to win the Prem, you've got to win at Molineux, aye Chelsea?

Depends which United turn up, and for sure they will have to be up for it, Wolves are no push overs.
My prediction is a narrow 2-1 win for United with Nani & Rooney scoring

4-0 United

Rooney, Nani x2, Berbatov.

Or maybe, Wolves will go 2-0 up, TGW will make embarrassing promises again, United come back to 3-2 and I get a new sig. ;)

Now THAT is how you do a match thread! Fair play ;)

Unfortunately all that effort, i think your going to get a spanking, maybe not in amount of goals but overall play and i think United will comfortably get the 3 points.

Wolves 0-3 United, Rooney, Berbatov, Vidic.

Now THAT is how you do a match thread! Fair play ;)

Unfortunately all that effort, i think your going to get a spanking, maybe not in amount of goals but overall play and i think United will comfortably get the 3 points.

Wolves 0-3 United, Rooney, Berbatov, Vidic.

Another stunning finish from Vidic? (H)

really good op mate.

i'm going for a 2-0 United win but Wolves will make it hard word for us like they did at Old Trafford. Rooney to carry on his scoring feet after 2 in widweek, berbatov grabbing the second.

Status
Not open for further replies.