Won treble first season with Liverpool. No signings.

• Thread starter Thread starter drlw1980
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 163
  • Views Views 67K

drlw1980

4-4-2 drlw1980, a possession based 4-4-2 tactic.

Some feedback from users:
mlssmith : BARNSLEY 1 VILLA 0
changed my wingers to defensive and set them to mark there wingers. i was also the better team :) promotion also with games to spare defo worth a try this tactic
Dodonpa : Wow Second match with the tactic

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/atta...eason-liverpool-no-signings-sans-titre5-0.png

Already love this tactic
krovax777 : A M A Z I N G ! The best 4-4-2 of FM 14, Thanks man !

​I've been struggling to find a good tactic for my Liverpool team, and I've tried many tactics without any big success. Therefore I ended up to make my own tactic, picking up some tips here and there. My main goal was to make it a possession-based tactic, because I think this years ME would allows me making one, and because this is my football-philosophy. This is the result:

Tactic download at the end of the post.

Tactic overview:
View attachment 455688

Goalkeeper:
I choose a sweeper keeper because of my high defensive line and offside-trap. And want him to deliver short.

Fullbacks:
I want my fullbacks to be stable at the back, but also contribute at offense. I always prefer pacey defenders. Sometimes they play bad, but I think this probably is a ME problem.

Central defenders:
Strong and not to slow defenders is what i prefer. Found Skrtel/Agger most stable, used Sakho more as a fullback.

Central Midfielders:
I started using BWM's her, but the picked up very many yellow and red cards. So I choosed one Box to box player(Gerrard/Henderson) and one Deep lying playmaker(Lucas/Allen). This combination was for me the best.

Wingers:
I preferred right-footed at right and left-footed at the left. So I played Sterling/Henderson/Coutinho/Ibe at the right and Wilson(teenie)/Coutinho/Cissokho/Moses at the left. They will dribble, cross and play wide.

Strikers:
Here i choose one Complete Forward(Sturridge/Yesil) and one Deep lying Forward(Suarez/Aspas). They will score many goals. DLF will be the main threat at corners, with bringing the ball into the box from a short corner.

O.I.:
None

Results:
View attachment 455689View attachment 455690View attachment 455691

League table and players stats:
View attachment 455698View attachment 455703

Some matchstats:
View attachment 455701View attachment 455700View attachment 455697View attachment 455696View attachment 455695View attachment 455694View attachment 455693View attachment 455692

Training preseason:
Upload tactic in all 3 spots. make 7-9 friendlies.
View attachment 455705

Training inseason:
View attachment 455706

I'll appreciate feedback, and I hope some of you will try it.
This is the second time I upload any tactic of mine, so I'm glad for all feedback.(H)

Last edited:
Looking forward to try this as soon as the attachments work. Not able to look at any of your screens, or download your tac....

Ill give a try to this tactic cause I like classic 4-4-2 formation and your post consists of:
1. Winning title with non-favourite team (you've overrun North London, North East London, London FC, Man Blue, Man Red, Merseyside Blue & Tyneside!)
2. You haven't done any income transfers.
3. Your topic is nicely described.

Also if I were you I would put some info about:
- results of other people (with SS);
- individual training description;
- PPM's;
- team talking;
- what players are mostly suitable to each position (for examle: CF and DLF, CBL and CBR, CML and CMR);
- tweaked tactics (strongly based on 4-4-2 formation).
But it's only my opinion.

Thank you. I hope this thread would not die.

Ill give a try to this tactic cause I like classic 4-4-2 formation and your post consists of:
1. Winning title with non-favourite team (you've overrun North London, North East London, London FC, Man Blue, Man Red, Merseyside Blue & Tyneside!)
2. You haven't done any income transfers.
3. Your topic is nicely described.

Also if I were you I would put some info about:
- results of other people (with SS);
- individual training description;
- PPM's;
- team talking;
- what players are mostly suitable to each position (for examle: CF and DLF, CBL and CBR, CML and CMR);
- tweaked tactics (strongly based on 4-4-2 formation).
But it's only my opinion.

Thank you. I hope this thread would not die.

Thanks for the tips. I hope you will post your results with it :)

wow i am playing this tac with liverpool and won all games apart from two that mignolet decided to kick someone and get sent off muppett! love the tactic thanks mate finally one that works

wow i am playing this tac with liverpool and won all games apart from two that mignolet decided to kick someone and get sent off muppett! love the tactic thanks mate finally one that works
Hey! I'm glad it works for you. Can you post some screenshots? Thank you for using the tactic anyway! :-D

Back