Wonderkids/ Promising youngsters retiring young

Tonas579

Reaction score
Well im now into my sixth season with Newcastle and i had the potential stars shortlist loaded to see how they had all turned out. I then got messages about a fair few of them retiring at the age of like 21 and 22, it seems weird that they would do this... surely if they have that much potential they could still get clubs to sign them!

Yup I made a thread a while ago myself asking the same question, so yeah it does happen, and quite a lot apparently! Very odd though, any big names you caught retiring?

Yeah a fair few "promising youngsters" Christianus ( the nigerian striker who everyone seems to think is decent), i forget who else but there were loads off the wonderkids shortlist. Seems weird to go from being a wonderkid to not being able to sign for any club... im sure someone from the conference leagues would even take them!

Yeah I know, that young Villa striker (forgot his name), begins with a D...(I could look it up if I could be bothered but I cant!) retired on my game in the second season, I would have swept him up had I known, even just as an investment!

Yeah I know, that young Villa striker (forgot his name), begins with a D...(I could look it up if I could be bothered but I cant!) retired on my game in the second season, I would have swept him up had I known, even just as an investment!

is it nathan delfouneso?

Yeah it's unrealistic for sure. I had Macauley Christantus but he didn't retire for me early! But a fair few have including Merida who plays for Arsenal and Dani Pacheco for Liverpool.

Its crazy, especially with Christianus because i had signed him just a few seasons before then sold him on.

Has anyone ever had a player retire young who still played for your club?

Darron Gibson was released by man united after season 3 and retired, they usally retire after about 6 months without a club

Yeah but still, you would think someone would sign them, i mean someone signed one of my crappy released regen's who was rated one star and worth £1000 lol

Yeah he always retires on mine aswell lol, ****** typical the young english stars retire! Is it just me or does England have alot less promising youth than everyone else?

Yeah exactly Tonas, look at La Liga for example, all teams have at least 70% Spanish players, the Premiership has at least 70% foreigners, its not English football anymore!

Yeah thats true, i must admit in my fifth season with Newcastle i had only 2 english players in a squad of about 19 players... got alot of english regens training though and bought 2 more in.

i know wat your all sayin and the main team is arsenal which i why im tryin to get them an all english team

Yeah, its hard to do that with the likes of Newcastle though because there are no decent english players that will come. 3 seasons in the likes of Lampard and Gerrard will but they are all too old. Besides the prices for players like that is like 60 mil by the time you get to your 3rd and 4th seasons. The player valuations just go crazy.

Yeah it is hard, I think the best team to go to build a majority English team is Villa as they have a shed load and a reasonable transfer budget when some players are offloaded. I may give it a go myself some time but I've got too many teams going at once at the moment; Everton, Swansea and Liverpool hmm

Yeah plus Aston Villa have a fair few english players as it is, they could field a full english side in anyway, bring in Mattock and maybes Sinclair, Steven Taylor... and your laughing!

i dont think everton are far off from a good english side, got a great defence and the midfield is ok. the only good forward though is vaughan.