Work Experience

Brummy123

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I have got to choose my work experience placements soon and have no clue where to go. Just wondering if anyone could give me some ideas and where they have been. Thanks.

what are you studying, and what do you plan to do at uni?

im goin to me a baker for my work experience XD

I went to my aunties office for a week and did **** all. Playing solitaire / making prank calls was about as productive as it got

well for my GCSE subjects i chose French, P.E, Business and Geography

Dont let the school choose for you! I asked to work in a gym or something similar because i was interested in becoming a personal trainer and i was given a placement working in a sports club that did nothing but hospitality events.

I did my work experience in a travel agency; no one came into book any holidays and now it has shut down.

I chose Barman in a strip joint or Photographers assistant for **** magazine, I ended up in a Tyre Fitters ?

When I was at school I went to the Oil Company Total. Extremely benficial and now I'm working there part time making lots of money.

I would advise doing something that you think you are interested in. Even if you don't enjoy it at least you can rule out that for your future.

Contact Birmingham City FC and ask if they do work experience placements ?

I went to the IT department in a large company but they really didn't know what they could get me to do so I didnt do that much lol. But one of my friends was doing work experience in the fashion department of the same company so I hung out with her a lot lol. Got myself free lunch for a week and they gave me loads of presents at the end of the week lol. probs cos I ended up doing the jobs they didnt want to haha. Ruled doing that career out for me so it is a useful experience and can be quite fun :)

looking to do IB English - any advice for a place?

Well at the time, I was interested in being a pilot, and sent a letter to an aircraft maintance firm on an airfield near me, spent a week helping to fix jumbo jets :D Just apply to a few places, better off having to much choice and having to say 'sorry ive already got a placement now', and be able to pick rather than ask the school.

I tried the Army and RAF and my school said I shouldn't go to them as I was "too clever". Even though I told them about a million times it's what I want to do when I leave school.

Then I tried Bristol Rovers. No luck. Aunty Sharon to the rescue :p

Jack is right, I got basically the placement I wanted in an office and it was dire. They will make you do all the ****** jobs like making cups of tea or sorting out files. But it could be different for you :)

Do something you think you might want to do in the future, or something you are interested in. I did mine at an engineering company (Jacobs). It was quite interesting, and at the end of it I knew I didn't want to become an engineer!

I'm at Uni studying to be a journalist, and when I was at school that's what I told them I wanted to be...their idea for work placement was to send me to an office in a different school, where I sat on my **** for a whole week, just not getting in the way.