World Cup - Ball/Lack of goals.

Don't think it's the ball. Goals per tournament have been going down over the long term purely because defences are getting better as players get fitter and there are fewer total mismatches. Hopefully as teams start to need to win, we'll see more attacking football and more open games before things start to get tighter again in the knock out stages.

I've noticed how there are a lot of shots flying into row Z, a lot of extremely over-hit, deep crosses and poor through-balls into the area. (Just watch the overhit crosses and lack of control in this game, I've noticed it from every game)

There have also been the infamous goalkeeping howlers.

The Germans had total control on the ball however, and like you said they have played with the ball all season and funnily enough all the German players out there against Australia play in the Bundesliga.

So I think that it is all down to the ball. I would put money on the Germans winning the World Cup.

I think that the reason for the lack of goals is pretty simple. No one has played twice. The only games we've seen so far have been teams very first games in the tournament. They aren't gonna go all out attacking in the first game. Also, as Zebedee said, defences are getting better.

IMO, the ball is becoming a scapegoat and will continue to be as the World Cup progresses.