World Cup Draw

Group D and G are the ones to watch.

Couldn't have wished for an easier group for us really.

you are missing a big point - portugal ;)
you might just get surprised. im not affraid of big brasil, 11 good players on each side right? And Ivory Coast, 2, 3 good players? North Korea, oh yeah so deadly. Not really a death group, brasil's the only really bothering team.

Portugal were desperately poor in the qualification though mate.

And it's weird I've noticed loads of Scottish fans who really dislike England, and fair enough. But I always wants the welsh, the irish and the scottish to go through.

Well we all can say one thing is for sure, Portugal are ******.

Portugal were desperately poor in the qualification though mate.

And it's weird I've noticed loads of Scottish fans who really dislike England, and fair enough. But I always wants the welsh, the irish and the scottish to go through.

Ach i don't really mind England it's just your media i hate.

you are missing a big point - portugal ;)
you might just get surprised. im not affraid of big brasil, 11 good players on each side right? And Ivory Coast, 2, 3 good players? North Korea, oh yeah so deadly. Not really a death group, brasil's the only really bothering team.

Thats not really the attitude to have... a little bit overconfident, the Ivory Coast 2 or 3 good players??? ok, the Toure brothers to start, plus Drogba, Zokora, Eboue, Demel, Arouna Kone, Gervinho... I count that as 8. Plus North Korea we don't really know much about, for all we know they could be a very physical side who could bully the technical Portuguese and maybe cause a shock. And hey, if Portugal can draw with us (Estonia) then anything can happen...

I'm Scottish, I just hate the overly "oh-we're-better-because-we're-English-blah-blah" types. Others, I don't mind.

Also, for all this "Group G - Death", I disagree. I look at New Zealands group and I can't see them scoring or getting a point. I see North Korea being able to steal a point at least.

gotta say en gland should go through with ease but shouldnt underestimate anybody

we gonna get somebody from the group of death germany ghana australia serbia

Thats not really the attitude to have... a little bit overconfident, the Ivory Coast 2 or 3 good players??? ok, the Toure brothers to start, plus Drogba, Zokora, Eboue, Demel, Arouna Kone, Gervinho... I count that as 8. Plus North Korea we don't really know much about, for all we know they could be a very physical side who could bully the technical Portuguese and maybe cause a shock. And hey, if Portugal can draw with us (Estonia) then anything can happen...

You could say the same thing about portugal, ronaldo,deco and simao IMO are the best attacking options.

England got a gift of a draw in my opinion, they just need to make the best of it and don't screw up.

Overconfident?! hah im really laughing, its more than our RIGHT to do well in this cup, considering our last performances. portugal's always the hated country, either by english, by dutch, by nuestros hermanos spain, by our "brothers" brasil. We have proved we are much more than a little corner near the seas, and still we dont get the respect we deserve. I may seem cocky, i recognise that but all i see is "oh, i want portugal, yes, portugal are pretty much f*cked up" we proved more than once we can turn the odds around, so lets wait and see. I said in earlier threads i know queiroz is not the man for the job, but still, the players are the same right?

Can see England getting 5 Points at least, with a win against Slovenia and two draws against Algeria and USA, though they SHOULD progress with ease.

Can see England getting 5 Points at least, with a win against Slovenia and two draws against Algeria and USA, though they SHOULD progress with ease.

Draw against Algeria eh? I wonder if you're the only person in the world not expecting us to win that game with ease.

Draw against Algeria eh? I wonder if you're the only person in the world not expecting us to win that game with ease.
I feel that England will overlook Algeria and play it like a friendly, which might come back to haunt them.

Then again, my predictions where worst-case scenario for England really.

england will screw up. Put the Republic of Manchester in there and i may be interested

Seen as Ireland aren't contesting, I think an african team, Ghana or Ivory Coast will win it.

I think Germany will do well. Tho wouldnt be surprised if the Dutch win given their links with South Africa and they played well during Euro 2008. England should make the most of their group.