World Cup: Football interesting like Curling

It will get better, no one wants to lose 1st hence why they are so defensive, once there is more at stake, teams will attack quicker.

What do people expect nowadays? It's the first round of the ******* Group stage and still there have been thrilling contests like the Germany match and despite a 0-0 result today the game was pretty interesting?

Tbh don't watch it if you expect handball scores.

I just want a good atch dont really mind about hammering the goals that will happen in the later stages just realy hoping for England

This is a terrible world cup, the players aren't performing, no one wants to win, the ball is dodgy and other than Germany's performance, the goals scored would only be like 13 or somthing. Brazil and Spain would want to have good games to save the opening week of the world cup:S

I wish you would stop making these ******* 'OH THE WORLD CUPZ SO BORINZ!!11!!' threads.

I wish you would stop making these ******* 'OH THE WORLD CUPZ SO BORINZ!!11!!' threads.
exactly, stop moaning, and go watch something else then. its the first game, no one wants to lose it, t

20 goals in 13 matches isn't superb. 2 have been goalless draws. So that is 11 matches with goals in.

I think everyone loves a goal and to get at least one in 11 out of 13 matches isn't that bad especially considering it is the first games.

Hopefully, Brazil, Spain and maybe Chile will liven it up a bit more!

We have also seen that dramatic, and for many, emotional last minute equaliser for New Zealand to get their first ever point in a World Cup. Tshabala's super strike at the start of the World Cup. Germany's goal fest against Australia and players like Messi, Gerrard and Dos Santos have great games!

It's not all bad mate. :)

2nd round will be better, trust me. First round, they just don't want to start with a loss, so they play carefully

yeah i know all of that you are saying... but take a look on wc 2006 in germany... nobody wanted to lose 1st match but you could see more goals
teams are playing it smarter this year, thats all. if you draw your opening game, youve straight away denied your rivall a win and the group is that much tighter in the 2nd game.

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

if you're looking for a side that embodies attack, watch chile

North Korea > Croatia. :p

Any day of the week. :D

whe i see what teams are playing i am very sad to see that there isn't croatia :((
to be honest, then all i can say is you should have done better in qualifying, and whos to say you would have been anymore exciting had you been through?

teams are playing it smarter this year, thats all. if you draw your opening game, youve straight away denied your rivall a win and the group is that much tighter in the 2nd game.

yup, and then no one wants to lose that either :p - imo this world cup has started really poorly, the first world cup where i actually understand what is happening, not like 4 years ago when i recognised a good goal but not much else as i was only 14 and there has been a handful of 1-0s which have been boring as **** (e.g. Slovenia v Algeria/ France v Uruguay (0-0)/ Portugal v Ivory Coast (0-0)/ Japan vs Cameroon) I really hope this world cup livens up, but i don't think it's because of the ball or any of this **** just that teams are going out to frustrate one another, just like Ivory Coast did to Portugal and Greece tried (and failed) to do against South Korea.

To those of you saying that its the first game and no one wants to lose, they don't want to lose any games! So do you expect to see teams playing like this for the whole world cup? Also, if you don't want to lose, then surely the best option (hopefully Brazil and Spain will be examples to this) is to go out and win comfortably 2/3 goals a game, like Germany did, Low kept putting more and more strikers on to get them goals, not just saying right, we've got one lets sit back and defend and not concede.

Btw, don't get me wrong, if England win every game 1-0 and win the world cup i'll be delighted but i hope that we don't do that (the first thing at least!)

So we have gone from lack of goals in the world cup to Slavan Bilic and Croatia