World Cup: Football interesting like Curling

yup, and then no one wants to lose that either :p - imo this world cup has started really poorly, the first world cup where i actually understand what is happening, not like 4 years ago when i recognised a good goal but not much else as i was only 14 and there has been a handful of 1-0s which have been boring as **** (e.g. Slovenia v Algeria/ France v Uruguay (0-0)/ Portugal v Ivory Coast (0-0)/ Japan vs Cameroon) I really hope this world cup livens up, but i don't think it's because of the ball or any of this **** just that teams are going out to frustrate one another, just like Ivory Coast did to Portugal and Greece tried (and failed) to do against South Korea.

To those of you saying that its the first game and no one wants to lose, they don't want to lose any games! So do you expect to see teams playing like this for the whole world cup? Also, if you don't want to lose, then surely the best option (hopefully Brazil and Spain will be examples to this) is to go out and win comfortably 2/3 goals a game, like Germany did, Low kept putting more and more strikers on to get them goals, not just saying right, we've got one lets sit back and defend and not concede.

Btw, don't get me wrong, if England win every game 1-0 and win the world cup i'll be delighted but i hope that we don't do that (the first thing at least!)
its a lot easier to say lets win by two or three goals than actually do it mate. second round, win that game and you are looking good, so you'll probably see more attacking stuff. instead of writing it off lets just see how it goes, we might get pleasantly suprised

true sismael... i believe when first matches are over we will look better and competetive football

I'm just waiting for England Algeria but trying to fit in all the games we arent allowed to atch the 12:30 kick offs in school because we are in year 10 and "dont have time to waste" according to teachers and get home at 4 so miss most of the 3pm Kick off so can only watch the 7:30pm kick off match fully

its a lot easier to say lets win by two or three goals than actually do it mate. second round, win that game and you are looking good, so you'll probably see more attacking stuff. instead of writing it off lets just see how it goes, we might get pleasantly suprised

No, i know madsheep, my main complaint is the lack of ambition, too many square passes going nowhere, even in the USA game, in the last 25 minutes all we did was pass it around in our half and not bother to push for the winner, admittedly though in a game like that it's a little more difficult, France especially have been disappointing, no flair and Domenech is a ****** imo

capello taught us a lesson... i will be fair and say bilić isn't good and isn't bad coach... that's why he refuses to go in england and coach west ham or somebody else
slightly off topic, but we feel your pain, when we failed for euro 2008

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

No, i know madsheep, my main complaint is the lack of ambition, too many square passes going nowhere, even in the USA game, in the last 25 minutes all we did was pass it around in our half and not bother to push for the winner, admittedly though in a game like that it's a little more difficult, France especially have been disappointing, no flair and Domenech is a ****** imo
i agree, dont take what say as liking it, im as disappointed as anyone else with some of the lack of ambition by teams. but at some point any team who wants to go through will show ambition, whether through choice and forced by the state of the group

Yeah but if you're nervous you make mistakes or are determined to do something good to boost your confidence, you don't knock it around your own penalty area waiting for a long ball opportunity, that's down to managers i think.

people are worrying about this to much i belive. i have hope it will hype up during the next round of matches like i said the other day knowone wants to lose their opening match thats why everyone is to cautious.