World of Warcraft Cataclysm

I played WoW a couple of years ago, got the 67 or so and quit (Outland after RAF to 60 kills you with boredom), returned in late October, made it to 80 and got bored in the wait for Cataclysm (wanted any new alt to be a goblin, and not much of a dungeon-er). I do intend to get Cata at some point, if only so I have something to play...

Look up Darkfall. It's not fantastic, but you're able to loot other players, attack them wherever and such. I played beta, which was ******* legend. Game's only okay these days though.

Edit: Hahah, I was an orc, which rocked socks. I went red (6)

Edit: Did you ever use to play Ultima Online btw? It was like Darkfall on steroids.

Last edited:
I haven't played since Ulduar (year and a half?), cleared all but a couple of the hard modes & Algalon within a couple of months of release and got bored, wasn't a big fan of WotLK. and I'm still getting tons of emails to my hotmail account. tempted to start playing again with Cata, but I don't really have the time to play these days, and we all know this game demands an awful lot of your time..

at least FM doesn't require me to be ready, assembled and prepared by 7.00pm server time in order to play a match!

Yeh basically what Lee said, Ulduar was the pinnacle of the expansion, Firefighter was a great fight as was Algalon ofc.

Again yeah thats true of raiding, no way could I do it continiously, I only done it seriously for 3-4 months in the winter. Although hopefully with 10 mans become exactly the same as 25 man youll be able to be more flexible with times. Hoping if I raid its with friends as well, we seem to have a decent guild about to start, dunno if we'll actually do much/any raiding though.

i played hit 80 with a pally and pved for a few weeks and got bored. might go back we will see played on terenus did anyone else?

Hate that every single heroic PuG seems to be full of clueless people >.< Looks a far better design than WoTLK though so far, looking forward to the new PvP season.

Yeh basically what Lee said, Ulduar was the pinnacle of the expansion, Firefighter was a great fight as was Algalon ofc.

Again yeah thats true of raiding, no way could I do it continiously, I only done it seriously for 3-4 months in the winter. Although hopefully with 10 mans become exactly the same as 25 man youll be able to be more flexible with times. Hoping if I raid its with friends as well, we seem to have a decent guild about to start, dunno if we'll actually do much/any raiding though.

Firefighter (25) was the fight we were struggling with before I quit, got it on 10 man though. I guess I was what you'd consider a 'hardcore' raider for quite a while, cleared all but Sunwell in TBC, got a few decent achievements in WotLK before I quit (World No. 30 for the Flame Leviathon HM), but I was a student at the time so I had plenty of spare time. couldn't do it again, as good as it feels defeating a boss after hours/days/weeks of trying, it's so time consuming. being in a decent guild makes a big difference though.

Getting Cata for Xmas, can't wait. I'm on Nordrassil if anyone else is.

Went past Cata in Game today, staring at £24.99 price tag, then standing there debating wether or not to get it for bout 5-6 mins. Starting to want it now. But would have to reinstall the whole WoW package from the very first one-no longer have original discs (and completely uninstalled from laptop). Shouldnt take too long to reinstall. Probably like....o lets see now...game discs...patches......3 days tops? lol

Went past Cata in Game today, staring at £24.99 price tag, then standing there debating wether or not to get it for bout 5-6 mins. Starting to want it now. But would have to reinstall the whole WoW package from the very first one-no longer have original discs (and completely uninstalled from laptop). Shouldnt take too long to reinstall. Probably like....o lets see now...game discs...patches......3 days tops? lol

I did a complete re-install the other day, think it took about 10 hours. Quicker to just download it all from their website, it's about 15GB in total.

Link

Last edited:
15GB...well i have downloaded games like Mass Effect, and Star Wars: Empire at War, and they were pretty hefty downloads, but didnt take too long to download. Know if Burning Crusade can still be downloaded from site? Had a look in the Blizzard store, and wasn't there. Had Lich King but not BC

I no longer have any of my original discs so I tried to re-install the game through battle.net, y'know.. just in case.. anyway I kept getting 'connection has timed-out' messages, assumed it was due to Cata traffic so I gave up. probably a blessing in disguise.

It's all in that link. TBC, Wrath, and Cataclysm all included in the 15GB.

All in one download? well blow me sideways and call me doreen, had no idea. Thanks for letting me know bout that :)

Tbh i hate cataclysm.... I am lvl 78 and already have 41k hp 30k mana, people lvl 85 have 130k hp... Bah ruined the game.

I read it's a lot easier/quicker to lvl up

I'm levelling a new character at the moment and I have to admit it's actually quite fun and quick. Although 1-60 was made pretty quick at the end of TBC. I'm hoping it stays this way all the way until 60. Shame I'll have to eventually head to Outland & Northrend.

I'm levelling a new character at the moment and I have to admit it's actually quite fun and quick. Although 1-60 was made pretty quick at the end of TBC. I'm hoping it stays this way all the way until 60. Shame I'll have to eventually head to Outland & Northrend.

I am lvl 78.. i have 5 days played LOL its way to easy, they killed the game in my opinion.

I am lvl 78.. i have 5 days played LOL its way to easy, they killed the game in my opinion.

To be fair my first level 80 did it in 8 days, and that was just after Wrath was released. Also while spending a lot of time telling Gregor to L2P.

WoW is mainly about the end game, so making the levelling up quick & fun instead of just something you have to go through is good in my books.

Im glad its easier to level, nothrend and outland are horrible, love azeroth alot more

Tbh i hate cataclysm.... I am lvl 78 and already have 41k hp 30k mana, people lvl 85 have 130k hp... Bah ruined the game.

it is a bit odd at first just being a hunter and being sat on 98k unbuffed but off course everythings scaled up so id hardly say its ruined the game, its just aesthetically a bit odd at first.

I read that 80-85 was too quick etc, but it really isnt that quick.

Becuase like they did with BC and i assume Vanilla they nerf the previous expansions XP requirement so that you get to the new content quick as the majority of player base will have done it several times, seems logical and a good thing to me tbh. Just in case you didnt know theyve cut the xp required from 70-80 by 20-30%

To be fair my first level 80 did it in 8 days, and that was just after Wrath was released. Also while spending a lot of time telling Gregor to L2P.

dont fib, your teaching me literally consisted of you saying L2P and not actually telling me how to play