World of Warcraft Cataclysm

Levelling has been streamlined and made far easier for a reason, who cares if the levelling content is easy? With the changes to healing I find that even heroics can be far more challenging than usual, just check the forums for how many are crying that healing is impossible right now.

Although early into its release, I think they've done a sublime job, especially compared with WoTLK. PvE WoTLK was all about either topping someone off or they died, cataclysm you must choose your spells wisely or you will go oom, very fast. PvP in WoTLK was far, far too bursty and the skill level was taken down considerably. Although PvP hasn't started yet, if they've toned damage down like they've claimed, the skill cap in PvP should rise back up again considerably.

Oh, and levelling isn't THAT quick, 84-85 takes 9m xp, so get used to needing 2m while it lasts. :) I think most people say it's quick because Athene did it in 5 hours, but he essentially cleverly used game mechanics to gain an insane rate of xp.

Levelling has been streamlined and made far easier for a reason, who cares if the levelling content is easy? With the changes to healing I find that even heroics can be far more challenging than usual, just check the forums for how many are crying that healing is impossible right now.

Although early into its release, I think they've done a sublime job, especially compared with WoTLK. PvE WoTLK was all about either topping someone off or they died, cataclysm you must choose your spells wisely or you will go oom, very fast.

Sounds more like my kind of game now, strategic play > spamming. Hence why I liked Guild Wars.

WoW **** game takes over too many peoples lives aswell

i find ;**** game' is usually said by people who never got passed level 20. rerolling horde when i get cata, and crack on with my 6th year on WoW :)

I thought it was good, but some people are definately easily addicted to it. I was lucky though and was able to to stick to 1-2 hours a day and no more than that, but mainly played because mates were playing. More fun that way.

But nerd rage was pretty amusing to watch. Should check youtube footage for it lol

3.3 million copies within 24-hours is friggin' amazing.

Played WOTLK for a month. Almost got hooked to it. It's a good game, loads of fun, and Cataclysm seems to bring some much-needed changes to the gameplay. But right now, I'd like to see the Warcraft IV production put into full swing.

What a stupid statement to make, not only did you not back it up but you basically contradicted yourself by refering to its addictiveness, people dont tend to get addicted to stuff thats not good

---------- Post added at 01:22 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 04:39 PM ----------

10 day free trial of catagasm if anyones int

http://eu.battle.net/en/info/cataclysm-trial

Downloading trial now :) another 7 gig to go :mad:

That reminds me, if I already upgraded from the base game to WoTLK (as showing on battle.net account), will I still have to reinstall all the expansions (as i made that mistake of uninstalling). Silly question, but I'm still unsure, and don't want so balls up

Last edited:
Why is it a freak game? I'm not a freak or anything. I play it cause my friends play it and its a laugh. Yeah, you get some right dodge pot mcdougalls, but you cant paint everyone with the same brush.

Why is it a freak game? I'm not a freak or anything. I play it cause my friends play it and its a laugh. Yeah, you get some right dodge pot mcdougalls, but you cant paint everyone with the same brush.

Either a bad attempt at trolling, stupidity, or just too desperate to fit in / be cool / feel superior.

yeah, and in most cases from people who have never played it. Each to their own, but no need to prejudge somebody without a) knowing them, or b) judging somebody on the stupid pretence of what they play

played WoW nearly since the beginning. did TBC and WOTLK, and i think im going to halt it. Back in TBC it was more or less balanced, and then it went downhill. Heirloom items, faction change, leveling is too **** easy, paladins always get the short end of things. When Templar's Verdict was released, i was as happy as ****. Then they nerfed it. Goodbye 25k crits, and so forth. it really ticked me off, and pushed it over the edge. it is unlikely that i will play the game again. I have not purchased Cataclysm, i deemed it a waste of money and time.

Got a lvl 80 human ret pala, got Duelist and Battlemaster titles, over 70k HK's, tons of PVP and PVE achievements, and the game just lost its fun. back in vanilla the game was truely hard. now, any idiot can play it.
Also have a lvl 80 NE druid and a lvl 80 UD Warrior.

Last edited:
Downloading trial now :) another 7 gig to go :mad:

That reminds me, if I already upgraded from the base game to WoTLK (as showing on battle.net account), will I still have to reinstall all the expansions (as i made that mistake of uninstalling). Silly question, but I'm still unsure, and don't want so balls up

Im sure each expansion disc has all the previous stuff on it, so i dont think youd need to go through disc by disc and...the 7 gigs youre downloading will be updating you to the latest expansion and patch

What a stupid statement to make, not only did you not back it up but you basically contradicted yourself by refering to its addictiveness, people dont tend to get addicted to stuff thats not good

Like crack(6)

played WoW nearly since the beginning. did TBC and WOTLK, and i think im going to halt it. Back in TBC it was more or less balanced, and then it went downhill. Heirloom items, faction change, leveling is too **** easy, paladins always get the short end of things. When Templar's Verdict was released, i was as happy as ****. Then they nerfed it. Goodbye 25k crits, and so forth. it really ticked me off, and pushed it over the edge. it is unlikely that i will play the game again. I have not purchased Cataclysm, i deemed it a waste of money and time.

Got a lvl 80 human ret pala, got Duelist and Battlemaster titles, over 70k HK's, tons of PVP and PVE achievements, and the game just lost its fun. back in vanilla the game was truely hard. now, any idiot can play it.
Also have a lvl 80 NE druid and a lvl 80 UD Warrior.

Paladin's get the short end? Haven't they been consistently overpowered for last few years?

Im sure each expansion disc has all the previous stuff on it, so i dont think youd need to go through disc by disc and...the 7 gigs youre downloading will be updating you to the latest expansion and patch

Thanks for clearing that up. It's been a relatively grey area for people on different sites. But yeah, has the previous expansions - hence the fact its now in 2nd day of download :mad: lol

leveled to 34 now, leveling does seem quicker especially when you hit STV, all the quests are relaly nicely laid out, you basically go in a big loop. Ive gotten 10 levels in 3-4 hours questing. STV is also ofc great for mining and skinnig which are the profs i chose, plus mining gives xp, about the same as killing a mob.

Tbh the cataclysm lvling zones are horrible... And now i am lvl 80 and cant pvp to lvl up cause i get pwned by the 84's -.- GAY

---------- Post added at 01:22 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 04:39 PM ----------

10 day free trial of catagasm if anyones int

http://eu.battle.net/en/info/cataclysm-trial

looool calm down ok let me rephrase. WoW **** game in my opinion, Takes over to many nerds lives. haha