JCMUtdfan1

Reaction score
For those of you who followed the stories in FM12, you may have seen I did a story called 'Worldwide Trophy Hunt' where I planned to go to different clubs around the world and win as many trophies as I could. I only managed to get to 3 clubs before giving up but I won a lot of trophies while I was there and I enjoyed playing the save. I think I liked the idea of being like Mourinho, travelling from big club to big club and winning trophies. Anyway I'm starting in a different way to last season as I'm going off the back of my Wigan save where I spent four years. If you want to read about it I'm also doing a story about it called http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot.../110730-wigan-athletic-securing-survival.html. I won three trophies while I was there but if you want to read more about it then follow the link. I holidayed after I resigned and got quite a few offers in the time I holidayed through and I went for a different choice than most would pick from the ones on offer. Some people may see it as the easy choice but I've never managed there and I wanted to give it a try and move onto somewhere else. If you have any ways I can make the story better as I go along leave a comment or if you have any recommendations on where I should go when I leave a club then do the same. Enjoy!

(Also, here's a link to my old story on fm 12 if anyone wanted to read what I did before: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-stories/100620-worldwide-trophy-hunt.html)

Trophies Won
English F.A Cup x1
Premier League x1
Community Shield x1
Scottish Premier League x1
Scottish Cup x1
Scottish League Cup x1

Teams Managed (Number of years/Number of trophies)
Wigan Athletic (4/3)
Celtic (1/3)

Last edited:
Conroy Takes Over Celtic!

View attachment 318196

After a 9 month sabbatical, Conroy is ready to return to management taking over Celtic after Neil Lennon's departure. Some people may seen Celtic as a step down after winning the Premier League with Wigan, but Conroy insists it's not. "Managing Celtic is a great opportunity for me. You just have to look at the history of this club to realise their greatness, I mean, they've won the Scottish Premier League for the last six seasons. I aim to make that seven in a row". Big words from Conroy but you have to feel that he'll be able to do it. The biggest test for him will be the Champions League. He had a chance to manage in it last season with Wigan but after his position became untenable he wasn't able to. The exact reasons for his departure are still unclear but rumours are circulating that the board forced him out after AVB became available. What people are also wondering is exactly how long Conroy will stay at Celtic. Once he's won the league he will either move to another club or stay and take on the challenge of winning the Champions League. Celtic fans will be hoping for the latter, if he can prove that his time at Wigan wasn't just a one time thing, but I can't see him staying for long.

I was wondering if you were going to do another save like last years. I'll be following

I was wondering if you were going to do another save like last years. I'll be following

Yeah I was thinking of doing something like this earlier but I thought I'd have a bit of a challenge with Wigan. Glad to hear it mate :)

I'm thinking of maybe doing season posts for the four seasons I've already done with Wigan but I'm not sure, what do people want to see?

Celtic Take To Conroy

Conroy seems to have taken well to his new club with a successful pre-season, including progression to the Champions League Playoff Round. The fans were hoping that Conroy would settle well as they wanted to make sure that they are fighting fit for the season ahead where they could win their seventh successive title. They will also be hoping for a successful Champions League campaign which will definitely be Conroy's toughest challenge. It will be considered a success if he can make the quarter finals or maybe just the first knockout round depending on the teams they draw in their group. With the Celtic side being so strong, they're expected to win the league so a true indication of Conroy's talent will be their Champions League performances.

View attachment 319984

Pre Season/July

Friendly
1/7/17

Celtic 3 vs. 0 America (MEX)
McArthur(45, 50) Dorrans(49)

8/7/17
Patrick Thistle 0 vs. 1 Celtic
Dow(68)

15/7/17

Airdrie 0 vs. 4 Celtic
Boyd(28) Henriquez(31, 63) Lees(66)

Champions League 2 Qualifying Phase 1st Leg
19/7/17

B36 0 vs. 6 Celtic
Ledley(22) Gibson(34) Wanyama(35) OG(40) Henriquez(79, 80)

Easy win away from home, much stronger than they were and good to see Henriquez scoring as well.

Friendly
22/7/17

Celtic 1 vs. 3 River
Keene(31)

Champions League 2 Qualifying Phase 2nd Leg
26/7/17

Celtic 8 vs. 0 B36
Henriquez(7, 14, 62) Davidson(15, 86) OG(19) Shechter(pen 77) Wanyama(88)
(Celtic win 14-0 on aggregate)

Another high scoring win with a 14-0 win on aggregate. Hat-trick for Henriquez was a good sign, hopefully they'll be many more of those to come.

Premier League
30/7/17
Hibernian 1 vs. 3 Celtic
Dorrans(1, 90+5) Henriquez (13)

Good way to start the league campaing, routine win away from home.

Transfers

View attachment 319987

(I forgot to take screenshots of the league for a few months)

Loved it last year and looking forward to it this year :)

Hey, this is a great story, definitely will follow.

btw, can you provide a link to last year's story?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it and looks great!

Last edited:
Celtic Enjoy Unbeaten Start

Conroy has guided Celtic to an unbeaten start so far this season, including a win over one of their closest title rivals Aberdeen. Celtic will be glad to see their new signings settle in well, especially Henriquez who has been on a hot streak since arriving. Also this month Celtic have qualified for the Champions League group stage after wins in the 3rd Qualifying Phase and Playoff rounds. Celtic seemed to be unaffected by the change of management and they look like they're on course for another league title even at this early stage, but they'll need to balance their squad well to compete on multiple fronts.

View attachment 320244

August

Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round 1st Leg
2/8/17

Celtic 5 vs. 1 Shamrock Rovers
Dow(12) Stewart(19) Davidson(34) Chester(81) Keene(90)

Another game I expected to win easily and I did.

Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round 2nd Leg
9/8/17

Shamrock Rovers 0 vs. 2 Celtic
Wanyama(17) Keene(41)
(Celtic win 7-1 on aggregate)

I'm disappointed not to have scored more this game but we're through.

Premier League
12/8/17

Celtic 1 vs. 0 Aberdeen
Wanyama(4)

A good win against one of our closest title rivals with a clean sheet to go with it.

Champions League Playoff Round 1st Leg
22/8/17

Maribor 0 vs. 2 Celtic
McArthur(32) Henriquez(74)

A good win away from home but I thought we would score more.

Premier League
26/8/17

Celtic 6 vs. 0 Iverness CT
Henriquez(5, 71, 77, 88) Chester(9) Fischer(pen 51)

A great win with plenty of goals, good sign to see Henriquez score that many.

Champions League Playoff Round 2nd Leg
30/8/17

Celtic 1 vs. 0 Maribor
Henriquez(64)
(Celtic win 3-0 on aggregate)

Again I thought we would have scored more but we're through to the group stages.

Celtic Stay Unbeaten

Celtic have managed to continue their unbeaten start to the season in all competitions, including a win in their first game of the Champions League. They'll need as many points as possible against the weaker team as they've been drawn in a tough group with Dortmund, Man City and Udinese. Also this month they've had a fantastic result against fierce rivals Rangers, with an 8-0 win at home against them. Things have been going well so far for Conroy and Celtic as they're unbeaten in the league and picked up three points early on in the Champions League. They'll do well to pick up points against Dortmund and City so the Udinese games will be of vital importance for them if they're going to progress any further.

View attachment 320750
Champions League Group E
Man City
Celtic
Bourissia Dortmund
Udinese

Scottish League Cup 3rd Round
Ayr vs. Celtic

September

Premier League
3/9/17

Ross County 0 vs. 1 Celtic
McArthur(67)

Routine win, good dominant performance as always.

17/9/17
Celtic 8 vs. 0 Rangers
Gunter(2) Henriquez(8, 59, 78, 84) Gibson(13) McArthur(18) Wanyama(pen 21)

An absolutely fantastic win over our closest rivals. I knew that they would be affected from being in administration but I didn't think we'd win by this margin.

Champions League Group E
20/9/17

Celtic 2 vs. 1 Udinese
Wanyama(1) Fisher(90+2)

I thought it would be easy after we took the lead in the first minute but they hit back and we managed to sneak the win at the death.

Premier League
23/9/17

Hearts 0 vs. 2 Celtic
OG(30) Gibson(41)

Again one of the tougher teams in the league so I was pleased with the win.

League Cup 3rd Round
26/9/17

Ayr 0 vs. 4 Celtic
Keene(31, 56, 83) Ledley(37)

Lower league opposition so no contest, I gave Keene a start a he responded with a hat-trick which was nice of him.

Premier League
30/9/17

Dundee United 1 vs. 2 Celtic
Dorrans(25) Lees(74)

Probably the toughest contender along with Aberdeen so I was glad to win away from home.

Celtic Humbled in Champions League but Remain Unbeaten in League

Celtic's unbeaten run has finally come to an end after being taught a lesson in football by Man City. They were always going to be the toughest team in their group but they would be hoping to do better than a 5-0 loss away from home against them. It won't help their goal difference too much either which could be crucial in deciding who goes through in December. Despite this they've managed to remain unbeaten in the league and they still have a 100% record which bodes well for the end of the season. With the squad that they have they will surely win the league and I wouldn't put it past them making a clean sweep of the domestic trophies as long as they can keep the squad fresh. The Champions League as we've said before is where the true test lies and with four points from three games, they'll need to step up.

View attachment 320755

League Cup Quarter Final

Dundee United vs. Celtic

October

Champions League Group E
3/10/17

Dortmund 1 vs. 1 Celtic
Henriquez(89)

Not a bad result away from home, especially as we were playing most of the game with 10 man after Wanyama was sent off.

Premier League
7/10/17

Celtic 3 vs. 0 Motherwell
Henriquez(39, 88) Davidson(63)

Solid home win, still 100% so far.

21/10/17
Celtic 2 vs. 1 Kilmarnock
Shechter(pen 3) Gunter(63)

Bit of a nervy one this but we kept on winning.

Champions League Group E
24/10/17

Man City 5 vs. 0 Celtic

We were truly humbled here, not a good result at all.

Premier League
28/10/17
St Mirren 0 vs. 3 Celtic
Gunter(15) Bridcutt(67) Chester(87)

That's more like it, plenty of goals and a clean sheet.

League Cup Quarter Final
31/10/17

Dundee United 0 vs. 2 Celtic
Gibson(8, 53)

Not the draw that I wanted as it was probably the toughest apart from Aberdeen but we got through it well.

Celtic Win Topsy-Turvy Udinese Game to Close in on Knockout Rounds

Udinese gave Celtic quite a scare in the second to last group game, which they needed to win to give themselves the best chance of going through. After going 1-0 up then 2-1 up, they went 3-2 down due to some bad defending. They got a goal back just before half time to give themselves a chance. A penalty midway through the second half proved enough as Udinese couldn't find another equaliser, so Celtic only need a point against Dortmund to go through. Another loss to Man City, though this time not as humiliating set up the importance of the clash but luckily for the fans their league form hasn't suffered. The 100% record is still in tact and it will be interesting to see how much longer it can carry on.

View attachment 320759

November

Premier League
4/11/17

St Johnstone 1 vs. 2 Celtic
Davidson( 6) Stewart(27)

Routine win again in the league, shame about the goal conceded.

Champions League Group E
8/11/17

Celtic 0 vs. 1 Man City

A bit of progress, we had the three players back that were missing last time through suspension and we were unlucky not to get a point.

Premier League
11/11/17

Celtic 3 vs. 0 Hibernian
Henriquez(4, 51, 62)

Henriquez had gone a while without a hat-trick, I was wondering what was wrong with him!

25/11/17
Celtic 3 vs. 1 St Johnstone
Ledley(1) Fisher(45+3) Rogne(73)

Another good win at home and again shame about the goal conceded.

Champions League Group E
28/11/17

Udinese 3 vs. 4 Celtic
Rogne(12) Henriquez(22, 45) Wanyama(pen 68)

A must win game this and I was wondering if we would get it. After being pegged back twice and going behind before half time I thought when and if we took the lead again I'd go defensive. Luckily we did so I went defensive and it worked.

Celtic Finally Lose! (In the League)

Celtic's winning streak in the Premier League has finally come to an end, but not to who you'd expect it to be. It was bottom of the table Inverness Caledonian Thistle who secured a 1-0 win over Celtic, who seemed to be well below par. Whether they had one eye on the game against Rangers soon after we don't know but whatever it was it's certainly no excuse for losing against such an inferior opposition. On the plus side for Celtic they have progressed through their Champions League group with a 2-1 win over Bourissia Dortmund at home and they will play FC Porto in the next round. There are harder teams they could have been drawn against so they'll be relatively pleased with the draw and they may be able to progress further if they play well.

View attachment 323202

Scottish Cup 4th Round
Celtic vs. Dumbarton

Champions League 1st Knockout Round
Celtic vs. FC Porto

December

Scottish Cup 4th Round
2/12/17

Celtic 6 vs. 0 Dumbarton
Wanyama(1, 56, pen 66) Henriquez(17) Shechter(pen 21, 69)

Easy enough against a lower league team, nice hat-trick for Wanyama

Premier League
10/12/17

Aberdeen 0 vs. 3 Celtic
Wanyama(22, pen 30) Henriquez(38)

Wanyama seems to be having a mini goal glut which is helpful for me.

Champions League Group E
13/12/17

Celtic 2 vs. 1 Dortmund
Keene(70) Dorrans(74)

A great win against a tough Dortmund side which sees us through.

Premier League
17/12/17

Inverness CT 1 vs. 0 Celtic

I can't believe we lost this, the first league game we lost in the league this season. I don't know if it was a European hangover or what but it was terrible.

23/12/17
Rangers 0 vs. 2 Celtic
Chester(5) Henriquez(24)

I'm glad we managed to recover from our loss with a win here as I wouldn't be able to carry on if we lost here.

26/12/17
Celtic 3 vs. 0 Ross County
Henriquez(3, 57) Dow(79)

Another good win here and another clean sheet which is promising.

30/12/17
Celtic 3 vs. 1 Hearts
Henriquez(4) Briggs(21) Ross(24)

4th goal in three games for Henriquez as we start racking up the wins again.

View attachment 323217
(sorry no league table again)

Celtic Resume Winning Ways

After losing their first league game last month, Celtic got back to winning ways in the new year, winning all the games they played. Celtic seem unstoppable in the league just about, as long as they keep their standard up but even if the standard slips I can't see them slipping up enough to lose the league. All the teams that could be challenging them have provided no real challenge to them so far so it seems as if it will be plain sailing domestically, so don't be surprised to see them complete a domestic treble. As we said at the start of the season the real test will be in the Champions League and Conroy's done well so far to negotiate them through a tricky group and they've been handed a winnable tie in the next round. Next month will see them play Porto in the Champions League as well as games in the League Cup and Scottish Cup. We'll see what they're still left in at the end of the month.

View attachment 323234

January

Premier League
3/1/18

Motherwell 1 vs. 3 Celtic
Henriquez(21) Lees(43) Dorrans(87)

Strong win away from home against one of the tougher teams.

6/1/18
Celtic 2 vs. 0 Dundee United
Stewart(33) Keene(83)

Henriquez got injured in the last game for 6 weeks so Keene will be getting a run out and he did well in his first game.

13/1/18
Kilmarnock 1 vs. 4 Celtic
Ledley(34) Stewart(54) Keene(59) Fisher(pen 80)

Another goal for Keene as we keep banging in the goals.

17/1/18
Celtic 4 vs. 1 St Mirren
Fisher(6, 14) Chester(18) Keene(24)

Always annoying when we score loads early on and then don't score again.

21/1/18
Hibernian 0 vs. 2 Celtic
Stewart(18) Rogne(52)

Good to see a clean sheet again as we seemed to have lost our defensive miserly-ness.

27/1/18
Celtic 1 vs. 0 Aberdeen
Stewart(9)

Another clean sheet and the third win this month against the tougher teams in the league.

31/1/18
St Johnstone 0 vs. 2 Celtic
Dow(67, 88)

A freekick and a late goal from Dow gave us the three points in this game.

View attachment 323237

Celtic on Edge of European Exit but Reach League Cup Final

A mixed month for Celtic this month as they progressed through two competitions but succumbed to their second loss in the league and lost 1-0 at home to Porto which gives them a lot to do in the second leg. They started the month well as they reached the League Cup Final and I wouldn't be surprised if they won their first piece of silverware this season next month. They also reached the quarter final of the Scottish Cup but it went downhill from there. Conroy seemed to be guilty of over rotating as they lost their league game before the Champions League game. This may have affected morale as they then lost the Champions League game 1-0, though Henriquez had a great chance to put them 1-0 up midway through the first half. I'll be impressed if they can get through to the quarter finals from here but if this Celtic team play well then they're capable of beating anyone.

View attachment 323248

League Cup Semi Final
Celtic vs. Inverness CT

Scottish Cup 5th Round
Dundee Utd vs. Celtic

February

League Cup Semi Final
3/2/18

Celtic 4 vs. 1 Inverness CT
Lees(7) Rogne(19) Keene(74) Fisher(79)

An easy win to be honest, the toughest game we've had to play was the quarter final against Dundee and after that game none of the teams left would be a challenge.

Scottish Cup 5th Round
11/2/18

Dundee United 1 vs. 5 Celtic
Keene(3, 61, pen 78) Dorrans(12) Davidson(72)

Speaking of Dundee Utd we showed that they're not much of a challenge either as we smashed them away from home.

Premier League
17/2/18

Celtic 3 vs. 1 Inverness CT
OG(32) Rogne(45+2) Keene(66)

Inverness were looking to exact revenge for the league cup exit but we dispatched of them easily enough.

25/2/18

Ross County 1 vs. 0 Celtic

Again another game I can't believe we lost, even with the amount of players I rotated we should have won this game.

Champions League 1st Knockout Round 1st Leg
28/2/18

Celtic 0 vs. 1 FC Porto

It turns out that I rotated for nothing as we lost the game but we had a chance to take the lead and things could have worked out differently if we did.

View attachment 323266

Celtic Out of Europe but Win League Cup

Another mixed month for Celtic and its supporters as it won a trophy and three days later they were knocked out of the Champions League. The Champions League match wasn't helped by the League Cup final going to extra time and some of the players from the final had to play in the Champions League game to cover for suspensions. Hibernian gave Celtic a tough game, especially as Celtic had to play with 10 men for a lot of the second half and they scored a last minute equaliser to force it to extra time. Two Celtic goals in extra time were enough to win them the trophy, and they needed the two goals as Hibernian scored with a couple of minutes to go in extra time to make Celtic fans nervous. With the League Cup going to extra time, this meant that some of the players would be fatigued for the Champions League game. The tiredness showed in the game as FC Porto dismantled Celtic and won comfortably on aggregate. The Champions League challenge is over for Celtic and they'll have to concentrate on completing the domestic treble from now on.

View attachment 323330

League Cup Final
Hibernian vs. Celtic

Scottish Cup Quarter Final
Ross County vs. Celtic

March

Premier League
3/3/18

Celtic 6 vs. 0 Rangers
Lees(9) Fisher(12) Rogne(39) Stewart(55, 64) Davidson(78)

Another convincing win against Rangers at home, good to do so against your closest rivals.

Scottish Cup Quarter Final
11/3/18

Ross County 0 vs. 3 Celtic
Henriquez(23) Lees(41) Shechter(pen 79)

Good to make up for our loss to them last month and we're getting close to another trophy.

Premier League
14/3/18

Celtic 2 vs. 0 Motherwell
Henriquez(27) McArthur(50)

A great win against one of the teams just below us which is pushing us closer to an early title.

League Cup Final
17/3/18

Hibernian 2 vs. 3 Celtic
Keene(43, 108) Ledley(105+1)
(Celtic win after extra time)

Glad to win the trophy but it was tougher than expected; mainly because of going down to 10 men due to injury and an equaliser in the 94th minute.

Champions League 1st Knockout Round 2nd Leg
20/3/18

FC Porto 4 vs. 1 Celtic
Dorrans(27)
(FC Porto win 5-1 on aggregate)

It was always going to be tough and when we went 2-0 down early on it was looking impossible. I thought we might have a chance when we got a goal back but we couldn't get anymore and we leaked a couple of more goals.

Premier League
25/3/18

Hearts 0 vs. 1 Celtic

There's something about playing league games around the Champions League that increases the chances that we lose which is getting annoying.

View attachment 323329

Last edited: