Celtic Win Premier League!

Celtic have managed to win the Premier League at an incredibly early time, as they sealed the trophy at the very start of April with a win over Dundee United. This means that Celtic have about two months of league games to play where they can revel in the fact that they're league champions. The target for Celtic now would be to reach 100 points which would be an incredible achievement for Celtic and their manager and great bragging rights for their fans. With the league now in the bag, Celtic can afford to focus on completing the last part of the domestic treble, the Scottish Cup. They have reached the final of that trophy as well after winning the semi final against St Mirren and the end of the month and are in the advantageous position of being able to rest players before the final.

View attachment 323337

Scottish Cup Semi Final
St Mirren vs. Celtic

April

Premier League
1/4/18

Dundee United 0 vs. 2 Celtic
McArthur(37) Henriquez(85)
(Celtic are league champions)

A good win away from home like we've done all season and it means we're league champions!

7/4/18
Celtic 1 vs. 0 Kilmarnock
Henriquez(18)

Good to win with a clean sheet, all we need to guard against now is complacency.

14/4/18

St Mirren 1 vs. 3 Celtic
Dow(49) Wanyama(79) Davidson(89)

We went 1-0 down in the first half but an amazing Dow freekick and two goals late on got us the win. Hopefully it'll be easier in the cup.

Scottish Cup Semi Final
22/4/18

St Mirren 0 vs. 3 Celtic
Stewart(65, 80) OG(90+3)

A good, solid win though it took us a while to break through and now we're in the final.

Premier League
28/4/18

Celtic 2 vs. 1 Ross County
Henriquez(10, 74)

Brace from Henriquez getting us the points, we're close to 100 points now.

View attachment 323338View attachment 323339

I'm just about done for this season now and I'll hopefully be getting the update on the site on Sunday but what do you think I should do for next season, carry on at Celtic for another season or move on to somewhere new?

Good story so far mate. Maybe you should stay on for another year try to win the Champions League/Europa League? Tough task, but it could be worth a sot? :)

Celtic Win Scottish Cup!

Celtic have completed a domestic treble by winning the Scottish Cup, 4-1 against Motherwell. This rounds off a very successful season for Celtic as they won all the cups available to them, apart from the Champions League. Not only have they completed the treble, but they surpassed the 100 point total in a season, cementing their place as one of the great Celtic teams in the Premier League. The Premier League win is the seventh in a row for Celtic which is an incredible achievement, especially for the manager who has come in and won three trophies in his first season. The thing is now, is whether he'll stay to try and bring Champions League glory to Celtic, or if he'll move on and try and win more trophies elsewhere. If he does decide to move elsewhere they'll be no shortage of takers as he's now proven himself in two different leagues and has won trophies at the two clubs he's managed. Celtic will just have to hope he at least sees out his contract.

View attachment 325144
Scottish Cup Final
Celtic vs. Motherwell

May

Premier League
5/5/18

Hearts 1 vs. 1 Celtic
Henriquez(68)

Just couldn't really get going in this game, not sure why.

9/5/18

Celtic 3 vs. 1 Dundee United
Chester(27) Ledley(29) Dyer(75)

Back to winning ways, just seeing out the season until the cup final now.

12/5/18
Motherwell 1 vs. 4 Celtic
Dyer(16) Wanyama(26) Shechter(pen 37) Chester(40)

A good omen for the cup final, bit annoyed we didn't score in the second half but oh well.

16/5/18
Aberdeen 0 vs. 0 Celtic

I rested our important players for this one as I didn't want anyone injured for the cup final.

Scottish Cup Final
19/5/18

Celtic 4 vs. 1 Motherwell
Ledley(16, 17) Stewart(60) Henriquez(78)

An easy win in the cup final, mirrored our league game and rounded off the domestic treble!

View attachment 325152

Good story so far mate. Maybe you should stay on for another year try to win the Champions League/Europa League? Tough task, but it could be worth a sot? :)

Cheers mate :) and yeah I'm debating whether or not to do that, it would be a good achievement if I could do it but I want to try and win as many different trophies as possible and it's more than likely that if I keep playing the save, I'll get a team I can win the Champions League with otherwise so I'm not too sure.

End of Season Post

Not a bad season all in all, three more trophies under the belt which is definitely a good thing. However, with this Celtic team I think I only did the bare minimum by winning the three domestic trophies and reaching the last 16 of the Champions League. The domestic competitions were too easy as we were head and shoulders above everyone else from the start and the acquisition of Henriquez made things even easier. A more skilled player would have at least got to the quarter finals of the Champions League and may be could have even won it if they were good enough. The issue I'm debating is whether to try and win a European trophy at Celtic like brummytom suggested or whether to move on and try and win trophies somewhere else. The nature of the challenge would suggest that I move elsewhere and win other trophies I haven't won yet but I could be allured by the challenge of Europe from Scotland and give it another season at Celtic. I'll post tomorrow or in a couple of days what I decide and carry on the story from there.

Fixtures
View attachment 325164View attachment 325165View attachment 325166View attachment 325168

Other
View attachment 325170View attachment 325171View attachment 325172View attachment 325173

PSV Hire Conroy

After only a season at Celtic, Conroy has resigned from his post at Celtic and was quickly snapped up by PSV. It's very rare for a manager who has been successful at a club in his first season to leave of his own accord after that season but Conroy must be thinking that he has other chances to win more trophies. It could only be that there are different trophies he wants to win as he could have easily won three trophies a season at Celtic for at least another season or two. The Celtic fans are disappointed that he left and can't really understand why he left after such a successful season. PSV fans will be hoping that he can bring similar success to the dutch club in his first season, but will also be hoping that he doesn't leave in similar fashion.