Worrying times as a plymouth fan

pafc 4eva

Reaction score
Here is a latest report from bbc sport
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/plymouth_argyle/9411804.stm

Here are some of the key quotes in the article

"It is against this backdrop that the pair have told club staff a London-based Japanese associate called Koichiro Abe - a former Goldman Sachs banker - will buy out Gardner and Todd's stake for £1 and pump in £1.4m."

So basically another *** will come and save us according to this but the most worrying problem is that we face another tax crisis when we pay the staff their wages

"That tax debt will double the moment Argyle pay the £725,000 in wages they owe for January and February and, to make matters worse, the protection from HMRC action only lasts until Monday's court date."

However we can have some small hope in this thread of despair as it appears some negotiations could be advancing quickly as the plymouth fans hope to get new owners

"All is not completely lost, though, as Ridsdale claims to be in advanced negotiations with two parties interested in buying the club and in preliminary talks with a third group. There are concerns, however, that none of these will act until the club is in administration."

And perhaps the most suprising news of this article is that an official bid is set to be made soon.

"But BBC Sport understands a potential rescue proposal from a different bidder will be formally made on Wednesday."

Perhaps our luck is changing, or are we plunging deeper and deeper towards liquidation. Post your views....

Yeah, we are pretty ****** tbh.

It just gets worse and worse.

Feel sorry for Plymouth fans, have always Liked Plymouth FC.

Shame

tbh looking at what some clubs go through like Plymouth now makes me regret some of the things I have said on this forum etc about when Chelsea say only lose one game or go on a run of bad form as Chelsea are still one of the richest clubs in the world and have one of the best squads in the world whereas clubs like this are struggling to survive.

Argyle fan here...Ridsdale has a terrible reputation but would quite like to thank him for what hes done for us he has been very good.

Also if anyone in here happens to win the lottery could you please make a donation? :p

Wrong section.

But yeah, you are screeeeewed.

Argyle fan here...Ridsdale has a terrible reputation but would quite like to thank him for what hes done for us he has been very good.

Also if anyone in here happens to win the lottery could you please make a donation? :p

Tbh, I have already got my ticket for Euromillions this week, completely for the reason that if I win, I would save Argyle. It's a £51m jackpot or something! ;)

Argyle fan! Go to watch them often with JRothy ^^^ but Ridsdale has been exceptional for us and now the board have driven him away... Ridiculous.

I'll win the Euromillions on Friday and help us! Furious with those slanty eyed bastards.

Feel really sorry for the fans, really not fair on them, but I dont think the right people go about it the right way - why take points off a team if their finances are screwed? Surely that only worsens any situation to be in?

The whole thing is flawed and its depressing to see teams go through this, when teams topping the Premier League are billions in debt.

Feel really sorry for the fans, really not fair on them, but I dont think the right people go about it the right way - why take points off a team if their finances are screwed? Surely that only worsens any situation to be in?

The whole thing is flawed and its depressing to see teams go through this, when teams topping the Premier League are billions in debt.

Exactly, the board have ****** things up so they think yeah lets punish the players who have worked hard through it all and take off 10 points. *****.

I hereby promise to buy a lottery ticket for this Saturday, and, were I to win, I will invest the money in the club. Hopefully you last until Saturday and I win :p.

Gutted to see a club from my hometown in so much trouble. Don't want to see them hit the fan. Is any club safe anymore? Even Prem clubs aren't safe anymore

Plymouth Argyle go into administration

_46031986_plymouth_argyle_226.gif

Plymouth Argyle have gone into administration following a meeting of the club's directors. The League One outfit have appointed Brendan Guilfoyle of the P&A Partnership as their administrator.
A High Court judge is in the process of deciding whether Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs can still apply for a winding-up petition.
The cash-strapped club have already been deducted 10 points and are now bottom of the league.
BBC Sport understands that HMRC is concerned that without a winding-up petition being presented to Argyle, they could lose out on money owed to them by the club during the administration process.
Plymouth's board took the decision to enter administration at a meeting on Friday, having issued a 'notice of intention' to appoint an administrator on Monday, 21 February.
The 'notice of intention' protected Argyle from creditors, including HMRC, who are currently owed £300,000.
However the protection it offered only lasts for 10 days and was due to run out on Monday.
Argyle successfully dodged an HMRC winding-up petition last month, when they cleared £760,000 of tax debt.
The club's staff, who have not been paid for six weeks, issued an impassioned statement on Thursday pleading with the directors to "reach a clear, concise and workable solution" to the financial problems at Home Park.
More to follow.

:( Unlucky Plymouth Fans

Last edited:
Now's time to stand up and be counted for. Lets make the great escape from relegation, and prove we deserve a football club. Its a sad day, but a day that will hopefully will be a turning point. Any potential investors out there? Please. Please.

Argyle Till' I die. :wub:​

Ouch, i have always liked plymouth but will they go into liquidation ?

Ouch, i have always liked plymouth but will they go into liquidation ?
Hope Not. If we do, I'm flying to Japan and finding a certain Mr Kagami- Results = My feeling put across, and a broken nose for that tool.

have always been a fan but i must admit it dosnt look good

Stapleton, Todd, Roy 'I do not faliure' Gardner,Yasuaki Kagaumi, George Synan- Hang your heads in utter shame, *****.

---------- Post added at 02:49 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:13 PM ----------

great win today, we can do thia!

Know exactly how they feel.

Hope they get out of it.